R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Best 19 turn on the Market (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/160438-best-19-turn-market.html)

Elboogie 04-24-2007 02:25 PM

Best 19 turn on the Market

I thought that I would start a very interested discussion and try to find out what people think is the best 19turn motor on the market. when I ask that i mean one that will show the same power performance even when cut 3 to 4 times.

I ran the checkpoint and it was hella fast but once I cut it and replaced it with the infinity brushes it seemed to lose a lot of power. I could have a bad motor because one of my friends has one and it is always fast.

I happen to run the Trinity Komodo pro and that is one awesome motor even after 5 cuts on the comm. I run 4499 brushes and I run purple and red springs.

So....let's see what opinions are out there and see what people think on what the best 19 turn out there is. any information about what brushes and springs you use would be helpful also.
I am trying to gather all of the info that I can before the IIC here in Vegas in September.

By the way, if anyone is coming and need info on las vegas, hit me up and I will help all that I can.

So gentlemen....what is the best 19 turn?

morris 04-24-2007 02:33 PM

kd motors seem to be better than the checkpoints.
at least thats what i think....
i have been running the kd motor with purple springs positive and negative.
767 brush is good....
f-brush is good...
4499 brush is good...

get a couple runs in with each brush and see for yourself whats good...

i will usually run the 767 brush in all my stock motors for this is the brush i like.

but you will have to try each brush and see what you like...

so i guess youre answer is i like the kd motor...... ;)

L.Fairtrace 04-24-2007 02:47 PM

If your gonna run the checkpoint in onroad with the infinity brushes, I would suggest using the heaviest springs, that should help alot.

JayL 04-24-2007 03:04 PM

Novak 10.5

Tsquare 04-24-2007 03:18 PM

Checkpoint Money 19T with Infinity Brushes for practice.
Checkpoint Money 19T with Atlas Brushes for Racing

or8ital 04-24-2007 03:20 PM

For brushed the new Integy 19T seems to be a bit faster then the KD and Checkpoint from what Ive seen.

Elboogie 04-24-2007 03:52 PM

I use the black springs on the positive side and silver on the negative side of the checkpoint, and once again i could have received a dud but when I look at the checkpoint i see high maintenance involved. I use 4499 brushes on the komodo and out of the box the komodo seems to be so much faster.

Any info on the Reedy Quad or the new Orion element? Has anyone used either of the 2 and how did you like it?

trf_racer 04-24-2007 04:27 PM

The Peak Dynasty 07 should match KD's performance. I got one few weeks ago, but haven't had the chance to try it out.

RussB 04-24-2007 04:27 PM

when you replace the brushes on the checkpoint with infinity, you should gear up quite a bit.

at my local track the gearing is like this:
checkpoint + atlas brushes = 6.0~6.2 final drive
checkpoint + infinity brushes = 5.4~5.6 final drive

that could be why your motor feels slower after cutting it and replacing the brushes.

Apex 04-25-2007 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by JayL
Novak 10.5

Exactly!!

Elboogie 04-25-2007 07:39 AM

I wii try that because I still run with a 6.25 ratio after cutting the comm with infinity brushes. I wll try that because I still have a brand new checkpoint in my box. thanks for the info.

darchard123 04-25-2007 08:08 AM

KD

Komodo pro all the way...its the fastest out there and most relaibble...I was racing at the canaian nationals and i saw the new peak dyn motors blow up!!! it happened to 3 cars

dawgmeat 04-25-2007 08:26 AM

I'm just a averge joe club racer but i pay my own stuff

IMO
KD 19 are the fastest but don't last very long

checkpoint is notch behind KD 19 in speed but if you gear them high you should good chechpoint is the most durable 19 turn and requires a lot less miantence

if want performance go with KD but your going to go through a lot of brushes
if your not worried about pure speed that the KD has then go with the $$$$$ motor

sukh 04-25-2007 11:25 AM

i had 2 new peak's blow up on me, won't use them again, i like the kd.

MrBlack 04-25-2007 03:28 PM

Orion Vortex 10.5 :D