Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Foam tires for asphalt >

Foam tires for asphalt

Foam tires for asphalt

Old 04-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Foam tires for asphalt

Hi!

I would like what wide tire is better for asphalt track in touring.. 26mm tires rear and front or 26mm front and 30mm rear like nitro??

greetings
Old 04-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Caza Roedores
Hi!

I would like what wide tire is better for asphalt track in touring.. 26mm tires rear and front or 26mm front and 30mm rear like nitro??

greetings
Some of todays cars wont fit the 30mm's with out modifying the width.
Now I did a lot of foam racing on asphalt at one time and I found the 26mm GS Racing tires were pretty good with the FK04 Xray, That was a 42 shore I also kept a set of 37 shore handy. Now when I was running the TC3 I ran the 30mm 28mm Jaco Nitro Shoes and man those babies will last with the lighter weight electrics.
And towards the end of my foam racing I ran Jaco 28mm plaids and purples and they worked good as well.
Theres other brands out there just be sure to check if your car will fit 30mm's or if you need to go to the 28mm's. For the price the 26mm GS Racing tires were 14.00 a pair.
And if your not worried about using them indoors then go with the Nitro Shoes they really last. (If you can get them on your car?)
Old 04-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you!!

I have a T2'007 (no problem with the width)