Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big B
I would like to see a 1/12th scale from XRAY
I would like to own one.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It's hard to talk too much trash on XRay right now, the cars are beautiful and it's basically considered an upset when an XRay driver doesn't win a large event.

I do think it would be neat to see them maybe fork the sedan design, and release a second car that's a modernized "balanced" chassis that's more FK04 inspired, and could possibly do more with LiPo, but I doubt they'll bother since they're winning every race already, and don't seem overly concerned with emerging technology.

The onus is on the other companies to challenge XRay, they're clearly on top right now.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
It's hard to talk too much trash on XRay right now, the cars are beautiful and it's basically considered an upset when an XRay driver doesn't win a large event.

I do think it would be neat to see them maybe fork the sedan design, and release a second car that's a modernized "balanced" chassis that's more FK04 inspired, and could possibly do more with LiPo, but I doubt they'll bother since they're winning every race already, and don't seem overly concerned with emerging technology.

The onus is on the other companies to challenge XRay, they're clearly on top right now.

Trudat. They do make one of the best rides out there. ITs just fun to talk about the newest version that everyone will be crying about to either get or the fact that there 0007 is not even a year old
Old 04-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why would they want to make a chassis for lipo? I don't think lipo's are leagal at any major event.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From the first year Xray created they were realising every year new car. it used to be around March but for the T2007 changed to around November.

So I guess next car will be around that time
Old 04-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nnick
From the first year Xray created they were realising every year new car. it used to be around March but for the T2007 changed to around November.

So I guess next car will be around that time
Man thats all summer.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big B
Why would they want to make a chassis for lipo? I don't think lipo's are leagal at any major event.
Because most racing is done in clubs, and LiPo is catching on with a lot of club racers? Losi and Schumacher have at least made provisions with their newest cars to make sure they fit, so clearly some companies feel like there's enough interest to give it consideration.

And if not LiPo, a chassis that's more balanced to handle the heavier brushless electronics might be worthy of consideration. There's certainly plenty of momentum behind that.

They probably don't care, like you said. I'm just throwing out ideas, since they have to change something other than the design of the bulkheads and height of the topdeck to justify a new car.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

the club racers at my local track think the 007 is a piece of ass it dont handle well and they all jumped back onto the t2 and sold the 007 so hopefully the 008 will be a mild variant on the t2 as they discontinued that and i wanted a new 1
Old 04-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
their are no plans to release a new car right now or in the near future. we all feel like their is still alot of untapped potential in the 007, just with our set-ups and things.

In my opinion Paul L ( paul lemieux ) word is as good as gold

no sense in talking about 08 car when the one of the best in the world says there are no plans in the near future.