Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! charger issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation HELP!!!!!!!!!!! charger issues

i dont know where this really goes but this is the electric section so ill put it here, here goes.

ok, when i am trying to charge my Rx battery packs the packs make a funny clicking noise, it has never done this before. what is wrong with it???????? is it ok to charge the batts while it is clicking. oh yah by the way, the charger is a dynamite mega peak charger and that battery packs are, team orion 1100 5-cell hump packs and 4-cell recharable rayovac, it clicks with all my Rx batteried i dont have ne 6 cells os i dotn know if it does it on them. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Thanks much
Old 04-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Are the batteries getting hot while you charge them? The clicking noise could just simply be the packs’ shrink-wrap reacting to the temperature change (it can make sort of a crinkling noise at times).

That's not really good though as you'd want to pull the batteries off the charger if they get too warm.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Initiate

well it cant be the shrink rap because the 4 cell recharable rayovac's are in a futaba battery holder. thanks anyways. oh yah i will not let them charge for more than a couple seconds(dotn want to risk ruinin 2 beand new 35 dollar packs).
Old 04-07-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

how many amps r u charging them, I don't think rx packs like to be charged at high amps. also monitor the temp of the pack while charging.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

That clicking-noise is the batteries saying "too much amperage!" I charged all my 1800mAH Nickel-Metal Hydride "AA" batteries at .4-.5 amps with a peak detection of .02V.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!! charger issues

wilson_bryant;

Never heard of the "clicking" noise before. Just make sure the batteries don't get too hot. Sometimes battery holders do not provide a good enough connection for charging, so the sound could be related to this.

"AA" and 5 cell packs are easily safe at 1.0 amps charge rate. (I do it all the time) If the packs are for Radios and you have the time to wait, a lower rate is easier on the batteries, but again I have never had a problem charging at 1.0 amps.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Tech Initiate

well i have charged thiese batteries before and they worked fine. i am charging at 1amp. i charged one of my 2 new 5-cell team orion 1100 packs last tuesday and it worked fine. and than i went to charge it last night and it made this clicking sound so i stopped it. i tried to charge my 4 cell rayovacs that are in a futaba battery holder(which i have done before and it still made this clicking noise) i let that one charge for a couple of minutes and the ends were really hot but not the batteries i dont want to ruin my new packs(no money). oh yah the clicking is a fast clicking.