Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool "Two" >

Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool "Two"

Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool "Two"

Old 04-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool "Two"

Announcing the Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool Two that will now do Checkpoint brushes as well as standard brushes! For the motor master tuner out there that wants an easy way to center up a hole in the face of the brush, that task just got a little easier. Two drills come with the jig; 1.5mm & 1.85mm. The handles are knurled for finger tip operation.... no power tools needed. The cavity tool is small and will not take up valuable pit box space or push you over the weight limit for the traveling racer. This new tool is available now. My website www.slapmastertools.com should be updated shortly with pricing info. My listed retailers can be found on the site as well.

Brian Bodine; Slapmaster Tools

If you like to use a cavity or a hole in the center of a brush to further tune your motor, this might just be the easiest tool to use on the market. It will work with upright or laydown AND Checkpoint brushes.

The tool comes with two bits to work with:
#53 (.0595") or 1.5mm and #49 (.073") or 1.85mm.

The bits are finger operated, no power tools required. Simply lay the brush in the slot, hold it down with your thumb, select the bit size, insert it into the hole & twist away for a perfectly centered hole in the end of your brush. The pilot shaft on the bit fits into the brush jig without wearing out the jig. The brush tool is small so it will not take up valuable space in your pit box.
Attached Thumbnails Slapmaster Brush Cavity Tool "Two"-brush-cavity-tool-2.jpg  

Last edited by Slapmaster6000; 04-17-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

i gots too get this
Old 04-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

what do u gain by doing this?

lol i havent ever heard about doing this to brushes lol
Old 04-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You have never heard of drilling a hole in a brush?

It's been done for 20+ years.....brush cuts/holes is nearly as old as brushed RC motors.....

It basically changes the RPM, Torque, and Amp draw of the motor.....helping you fine tune your motor to your requirements...

The slapmaster unit is a nice unit......Brian should give one to garrett....get a few national titles under its belt.

Later EddieO
Old 04-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

I found by drilling a hole in the brushes doesn’t necessarily yield in more power but does increase a lot more rpm’s down the back straight, its noticeably faster! I also found your brushes burn up pretty much in one run, using F brushes.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

very nice design brian.they really are small and work awesome.its extremely small and functional.everyone i showed it to wants to get one from you.big props brian.cool product.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

very cool product indeed. so simple and so effective.
buyer beware...every brush you own will soon have a hole in it

i couldn't put mine down
Old 04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Eddie; already touched base with your new head purchasing agent. The ball is rolling.

Jason; the guy I contracted for the job is worth every penny! PM me and I will drop the reference! I am thrilled with the way they turned out.

The company that is working on my Flex Plates are about to get $#!+ canned. As soon as resolution comes, I will announce their name loud & proud.

Korey probably explained hole effect best to me one time. The hole will create more edges like a serration to help preserve that serrated brush feel as it wears, reduce some amp draw, increase r's but at a slight decrease in torque.

More then anything, the Checkpoint guys have something to tinker with now.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:39 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I could get all scientific on you all but I hate wasting my sweet BA in electrical engineering like that...holes in brushes just rule, simple answer.

Nice looking tool Brian...hrm...well, not the best way to start a statment but Brian's tools are always top notch and worth every penny. If your going to buy something and you want it done right, Slapmaster is the way to go...I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

I should probably not hit submit on this...but...
Old 04-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desolas

I should probably not hit submit on this...but...
Too late ...

Brian send a few to SIR!!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Eddie; already touched base with your new head purchasing agent. The ball is rolling.

Jason; the guy I contracted for the job is worth every penny! PM me and I will drop the reference! I am thrilled with the way they turned out.

The company that is working on my Flex Plates are about to get $#!+ canned. As soon as resolution comes, I will announce their name loud & proud.

Korey probably explained hole effect best to me one time. The hole will create more edges like a serration to help preserve that serrated brush feel as it wears, reduce some amp draw, increase r's but at a slight decrease in torque.

More then anything, the Checkpoint guys have something to tinker with now.
I'm glad my explanation is still being used!!!

-Korey
Old 04-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think I'm going to get one of these. I have the niftech one and you have to get the dremel out everytime.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
I think I'm going to get one of these. I have the niftech one and you have to get the dremel out everytime.
Hey if you place an order get one for me to please.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

i have been using the slapmaster cavity tool "original one" for a while now and it is a great tuning tool.. a must have for all racers and motor tuners...
Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Don't get me wrong about Dremmel's. I own about 6 of them. But no Dremmel needed opereate this tool.

Jeff: didn't you permentantly borrow that particular tool? I think that Fred was wondering if I had a "lost and found".

The Brood Shop should have a bunch of these in stock shortly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.