Wiki Posts
Search

Best Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nickmind
Well after hearing everyone today, I am leaning towards the Duratrax ICE. Can anyone tell if I am missing anything going with the ICE, that may be on the Orion Advantage or other?

GFX, I like feeling good. I too bought a very expensive keyboard (G15), because I am a gamer.
I am not knocking ANYONEs VIEW, of course you have much more experience then me. But I just don't see or hear other then opinions why GFX is better. Though your opinions maybe 100% true. I am not see any facts.

The one thing I love most about marketing, is the way to get people to buy. Like the saying "Keep the lines long", if people are standing and waiting I want in too. Just like price, AIR JORDANS are the best. Beucase after all Jordan himself had them.

Again just only my two cents.
With the check point or even the ICE you will be ahead of the game for the years to come, these 2 chargers are equipped with all the charging features you could ask for. I'm 100% lipo and the ICE has charged them superbly.
My packs are a year old on the ICE, and they are perfect to the day I bought them. I'm sold on the ICE. Its all I need.
I really don't think you would regret it.. I don't.
And you can charge up to 8 amps on lipo. And the future lipos will need the higher charge rates so I'm set for quite a few years to come on lipos.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

looks like Ice will charge 10 cells and Advantage won't. that's not an issue for cars but we just bought a helicopter that uses 9 cells. I'm also assuming the Advantge has reverse polarity protection but I haven't seen that in the specs.......
Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
With the check point or even the ICE you will be ahead of the game for the years to come

Are the chargers almost the same unit? Mean do they come from the same design??

Thank.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:38 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

If you plan to buy a GFX, you'll mind as well wait till they come out with lipo charging capabilities. At the current moment it is the best charger on the market for sub C size cells for racing. The components in these chargers are HIGH quality. Another reason why they are so expensive is that they ARE designed to work all day long. Ie. you can be discharging batteries all day long and it will not go poof on you! Have you guys ever compared household tools an appliances to professional grade stuff? My kitchen blender has 12 speeds and cost 49.99. A professional blender for restaurants cost about 1000bucks and has 2 speeds. Difference is the professional one is meant to blend the tough stuff all freaking day long and not break down! So the CE chargers are NOT all hype! They make cheaper chargers like pitbulls and they are competitively priced as other brand small chargers but you don't get the 35amp linear discharge. And YES you DO get same as TM label numbers when you try cycling new cells on the CE T35 series chargers!

As for bang for the buck, nothing beats the ICE. It charges everything and is cheap. I use it for lipo and stick packs. Does what it claims. 10amp discharge is a little weak if you play with 6 cell sub C race packs.

Something else to consider on the high end is the sprint tec charger which peaks each cell in the pack. Thats a GREAT concept but I know 2 racers who's had issues with these things (the contacts to the cells are kind of crappy) and there "was" some programming issues? I never really used one so don't take my word for it.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it depends on your needs, alot of people liked the Duratrax Ice, but for a good all around charger the new Team Checkpoint Pro Charger is a step above the Ice here is a link
http://www.bestrc.com/teamcheckpoint/chargers.html
Old 04-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

How would anyone know how good the Checkpoint is? They are not out yet. Looks great on paper, but who knows.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Have you used an Ice charger? Did you like it? How about the same thing with more stuff like a backlight screen, 30a discharge, and motor run up to 20amp current. Although it isnt out to the public the team drivers have used it, and from what I hear it lives up to every expectation.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I like the GFX. The graph gives me an idea of the condition of the pack. I found that packs that are about to deteriorate show jagged lines / scattered dots on the charging graph.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Don't get your panties in a twist dude. People are talking like it is the best when they don't know how it will perform. It seem like it would generate quite a lot of heat and being in such a small package, reliability might be a factor. Like I said, it looks good on paper.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Sorry I didnt mean for that to sound so snotty. The checkpoint has 2 fans and the heatsinks should help with heat distribution, your right though there is always the unkonwn factor
Old 04-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The GFX will make your peen feel bigger.
The ICE will make your wallet feel bigger.

They both charge batteries just fine.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

this is still going on

Old 04-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
this is still going on
Whatever it takes to make you feel better about dropping $400 on a charger I guess. At that size, it should play VHS tapes, too.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Old 04-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Team Integy INDI 16x908 is a good charger too. I would recommend that one as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.