Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Violence at the track. What consequences? >

Violence at the track. What consequences?

Violence at the track. What consequences?

Old 04-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Years ago at an indoor dirt track a fella came down on a kid for hacking him accidentally.
Though it pretty much was straightened out by the owner.
When the kids father showed up he took that guy out front and beat the crap out of him.
After he knocked him down all you could see was a fist coming up and down out the window.
The police were called and the father and son were gone, the guy had a broken nose and didn't press charges. Bad scene.
The owner advised both parties they were no longer welcome to the track.
What a mess a little hack can cause.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by johnny boy
back in 96 at one of my local tracks things got so heated a guy went out to get a gun out of the trunk of his car but luckily the track owner got him to leave peacefully.im pretty sure it all started with coments made on the driver stand!!
O-Man !

I was there !

Remember a shot gun !!

Glad he did`nt ever race in one my heats .

I would B dead ....
Old 04-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 326 (100%+)

yup i remember you being there, lol. didn't you cause that? just kidding george
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
O-Man !

I was there !

Remember a shot gun !!

Glad he did`nt ever race in one my heats .

I would B dead ....
Old 04-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

what about drugs?

should those be tolorated?
Old 04-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masta-racah
what about drugs?

should those be tolorated?
then that brings on the question of alcohol. At last year 1:10th worlds in australia right before tosolini set that blistering TQ run he had a few before he hit the track but that guy is a party animal when ever there was no racing he made the off track time fun

as for the violence i think think at the morning drivers meeting it should be said that it wont be tolerated and concider that the first warning if it happens the persons involved should be banned
Old 04-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Violence at the track should be avoided at all costs! There is absolutely no need for it. Most people will agree that they don't want to go race in a hostile environment. I think any perpetrators of violence should be banned for the rest of the season. And yes, I do understand that restraint is sometimes hard, but you are better off for it. There has been numerous occasions where I felt I was intentionally hacked, and almost fell into the heat of the moment, but kept my mouth shut. And now most of those guys are friends of mine. Thats right, I befriend those who hack me, it makes them less likely to do it again.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It s also down to the crowd you have.

You have lots of parents dropping of their kids at the track for the day or the afternoon, so it s also down to the adults present (not just the owner of the place, they cant do everything all the time..) to make sure that it s a place that s safe and enjoyable in all aspects...

R/C tracks crowds are, from my humble experience, far less prejudiced and way more open towards each other than people are in "normal" life, so i think its good to try to keep that.

and what about violence on interweb's forums ?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

The problem I have found is kids in their early teens (yes we were all there once) who believe they are invincible, and just mouth off continually, but as an adult, you know it's a huge no no to do anything against a "minor" and sometimes ignoring the little bastards is nigh on impossible!

Having said that, violence is something I'd never resort to.

How have other clubs dealt with mouthy little teens, without having someone just beat them upside the head, because as anti-violence as I am, sometimes it seems like the only way they'll learn!

I know it's how I learnt as a kid!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nexxus
The problem I have found is kids in their early teens (yes we were all there once) who believe they are invincible, and just mouth off continually, but as an adult, you know it's a huge no no to do anything against a "minor" and sometimes ignoring the little bastards is nigh on impossible!

How have other clubs dealt with mouthy little teens, without having someone just beat them upside the head, because as anti-violence as I am, sometimes it seems like the only way they'll learn!

Throw them upside down into a garbage can or duct tape them to a chair and throw them outside on a snowbank.

Jason
Old 04-17-2007, 05:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well if it was a ROAR santioned track and members that's easy. Was it a local club race?If it was with ROAR you'd report them to the region director. At a major ROAR fuel nationals a major fuel guy was banned for one year from any ROAR races- club- state or anything. Could not even be on the property.If it's a non santioned track- it's up to them.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grassy
then that brings on the question of alcohol. At last year 1:10th worlds in australia right before tosolini set that blistering TQ run he had a few before he hit the track but that guy is a party animal when ever there was no racing he made the off track time fun

as for the violence i think think at the morning drivers meeting it should be said that it wont be tolerated and concider that the first warning if it happens the persons involved should be banned
Luckly, we haven't had any violence. We have had words said, both on and off the drivers stand. At that point one, or all of hte owners would pull that person aside and have a quick chat. So far, that's what has worked.

Drugs and Alcohol
Of course, drugs are not allowed, that's only common sense. Alcohol, I'll say our track is a family oriented place. We have a pretty diverse crowd that includes grade school age kids all the way to "adult" kids. We have allowed what I guess I'll call "social" drinking. But we've made it clear, the 1st time someone ever get's out of hand, will be the last time it's allowed. We allowed it becuase if we were at home watching the "game", or doing a "hobby" at home, it would be acceptable to have a beer, and we've done our best to provide a confortable atmosphere. Of course, we don't allow under age drinking. In addition, for the past 4-5 years, we havn't allowed smoking either. We lost a few racers at that point, but have more then made up for it w/new racers.

Just my 2cents.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Of course it shouldnt be tolerated...

Of course violence shouldnt be tolerated. That being said, people should know their limits. Trash talk is always good, but know when to check your mouth. If you see that you are aggravating someone to the point where it is affecting their driving, you have gotten them out of their game, so back off. Same token, some MEN need to stop being so friggin sensitive. Whining to track directors shows that someone has gotten under your skin.....put an "H" on your back and handle it.Let the individual know that you would appreciate if they would leave you alone. Period. If dude persists, then make a decision. THINK. Speak to the track director and if the individual persists, then well....Let the people who run the track be the enforcers of the rules. If they refuse to quell the situation, you can do one of three things:

1-do nothing. Step your A-game up and win. Let your driving be your trash talker.
2-Leave at the conclusion of race day. Make a decision not to return.
3-Catch dude in the parking lot and "two-piece" him.

As a rabble rouser, I know my limits. But, I tell dudes that get a little huffy, keep it the talk on r/c; it would be a shame to get beat racing and your A$$ beat in the course of one day.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus

Duct tape. One night duct taped next to the bathroom door and problem solved.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Talking

Well as the x-president of our local club, I have had to throw a guy out of the club and ban him indefinatly from the clubs tracks.
It was reported to me by many people that after a bad race he came back and throw his under 5 year old kid against the wall. I won't put up with that. We than had a night were I as president was yelled and cursed at in front of many people, because my car stuck wide open and I kept driving it for 20 laps until a slower car got in my way and I hit him and the corner marshal was able to kill the motor, so since I was involved talked to the race directer and V.P. they confronted the guy and the next week that guy and myself were given warnings that if it happened again we would both be out of here. I guess I should have walked away. Thats my thoughts. We put in our rules that this is a FAMILY Fun Sport and always behave as if children our near-because they are. Angry outbursts and Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. Suspension and/or expulsion may result, and is at the discretion of the race director/board.
This gives the club any power to due what is needed.
Thanks Mike
Old 04-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you go to the track, it's to have fun and enjoy the hobby, but me personally if someone runs there mouths at me and piss me off while I'm trying to have fun, Yes I would beat the ish out of them because I didn't go to the track to be pissed off because of someones remarks or poor driving, so I would nip it in the @ss before I lose my temper and get ban from the track. After the first warning if it continues there isn't much too talk about from that point on, you need to handle your business by throwing a good beat down on the big mouth or the dumb @ss that keeps crashing into you intentionally, and then go about your business peacefully. The track is for fun not for idiots... And Yes, if it comes down to violence at the track, you should be banned. But at the end of the day we are all human and everyone is different and handle things differently too. Some people can deal with the nonsense some don't. It's what ever you make it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.