Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Default Empire eM3 Prototype

Please look down two posts - this will make more sense....Here is the current eMP9 we have been vigorously racing (3 months). Flawless - these off Road Vehicles take a major beating. We have had NO electrical issues or failures!!!

Castle Creations MMM, 2200 KV
ORION 7.4 Hardcase 5000 MaH (combined creating 14.8 V)

Kysoho MP9
Castle Creations Control and motors
Orion Batteries
AKA Shoes
Spectrum Radio
Scott Kimbrow wheeled
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-img_0658.jpg  

Last edited by Rich Browne; 05-03-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Here is the Empire eM3. Very promising. Wiring and layout still to be refined - don't worry, it will be RC art when done. Based upon our success with our eMP9 (Kyosho's 1/8th scale off-road).

Empire is
Mastery: Rick Davis
Driver: Scott Kimbrow, Current ROAR National 1/8th Champion
(West Coast) Wrench/Driver: Jim Adkins
Mouth piece/free opinions/occasional pitboy: Rich Browne

Kyosho M3 chassis
Castle Creation MMM Speed control and 2650 KV motor
Spectrum Radio

Goal: run 10 minutes per battery, 4 cell, 14.8 Lipo. Speed equal to fuel
Rich:
Tell Rick he's going going to make me actually go back to electric with this and even like it. Ask him if he can invent a way for it to blow a little smoke coming out of the apex and make a lot of noise when it goes by! LOL.
Paulie B
Old 05-04-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Wow,nice vehicles! I ordered tires for my Evolva today from my LHS. I also have a Kyosho 1/8 off road. I call it my EMP-6.
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-p1010001.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-p1010002.jpg  
Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

DLS II
What motor is that and is it a kit or home made? Its a cool lay out you have. Does the motor run hot?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just get a conversion for the DM-1 by Ofna, and you will have a brushless 1/8 on-road car.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evanwest94
Just get a conversion for the DM-1 by Ofna, and you will have a brushless 1/8 on-road car.
Ah....not quite. I still call that a BUGGY trying to run ON ROAD...
Old 05-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Here is the Empire eM3. Very promising. Wiring and layout still to be refined - don't worry, it will be RC art when done. Based upon our success with our eMP9 (Kyosho's 1/8th scale off-road).

Empire is
Mastery: Rick Davis
Driver: Scott Kimbrow, Current ROAR National 1/8th Champion
(West Coast) Wrench/Driver: Jim Adkins
Mouth piece/free opinions/occasional pitboy: Rich Browne

Kyosho M3 chassis
Castle Creation MMM Speed control and 2650 KV motor
Spectrum Radio

Goal: run 10 minutes per battery, 4 cell, 14.8 Lipo. Speed equal to fuel
Rich....well done. Please do let us know more after the testing and if some short VIDEO to show how it is running vs Nitro 1/8th would be super NICE.

While I am working on my Serpent...the size of the batteries is my biggest concern. Now...you are powered by 14.8 (4S). fitted within the TANK area with a custom radio plate...my question is, did you have a custom chassis that MOVED the front belt mount more forward in order for you to fit that 4S lipo..? And because of that, did you use a shorter front belt and longer side belt due to the relocation..?

Last...mine if you can share what brand/type of batteries is that 4S? What Mah are they? Thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Update from Timezone E-Mugen

Just got the Steve Neu 1515y motor yesterday, and are doing a couple slight mod's to the motor mount. The RX8's should be here soon. and will be back on the track. The speedpasion speedo did survive our over gearing of 2.55 FDR and with the 5.5T motor. We have the S.P. 3.5T motor waiting and also the Neu, along with the Eagletree telemetry system so we can get a grip on what’s happening on the track.

Have been working with a battery manufacture on the potential max capacity we can squeeze into our approach. We choose to carry the packs low, and centered in the car. and have got 6 to 8 minutes on our 5200 mha packs, if we can get 7000 plus in our available space were looking good.

Already on pace with Nitro lap times and have given no attention give to real car setup etc's. We will be working on the non “garage proto-type parts” once we get a handle on things.

I also agree the buggy conversions(however very cool and well done by many) would not even be close to on pace with a traditional 8th 4wd nitro conversion
Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Solara
Rich....well done. Please do let us know more after the testing and if some short VIDEO to show how it is running vs Nitro 1/8th would be super NICE.

While I am working on my Serpent...the size of the batteries is my biggest concern. Now...you are powered by 14.8 (4S). fitted within the TANK area with a custom radio plate...my question is, did you have a custom chassis that MOVED the front belt mount more forward in order for you to fit that 4S lipo..? And because of that, did you use a shorter front belt and longer side belt due to the relocation..?

Last...mine if you can share what brand/type of batteries is that 4S? What Mah are they? Thanks
Solara - we are attempting to do this project using as much of the existing Kyosho M3 as possible so no custom chassis involved although I did have to machine the rear of front belt tensioner and the front of the left rear radio tray support to get enough clearance. Battery is 4200 mah.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Jake Alton, it's a Rimfire 42-60-600. The mount was made by RC Designs out of Mich. I haven't had a chance to run it yet. I hope it doesn't run hot, that's a .60 size outrunner! Don
Old 05-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MAD916
I also agree the buggy conversions(however very cool and well done by many) would not even be close to on pace with a traditional 8th 4wd nitro conversion
I just want to clarify what I meant above...I am no BUGGY conversion hater, any brushless lipo conversion are great. At where I live, these buggy/on road conversion are HUGH cause they are the easiest thing you can buy, fast enough and these car are almost impossible to break....however, drag racing is ALL these buggy base on road car can do...if you put these buggy base on road car with 3000 kv 6S lipo...all they can do is go straight then head to the wall....

They will never be TURN or RACE on the track compare to these 1/8th On Road conversion or nitro 1/8th on road with .21 engine...

We all have problem converting is because we are all talking about converting existing 1/8th LOLA type on road car with absolute no space to mount 4S or even 6S lipo...plus BELT design does take up a lot of space. Thats all...
Old 05-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DLS II
Jake Alton, it's a Rimfire 42-60-600. The mount was made by RC Designs out of Mich. I haven't had a chance to run it yet. I hope it doesn't run hot, that's a .60 size outrunner! Don
DLS II
is this your idea or has any one else run this set up?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Solara - we are attempting to do this project using as much of the existing Kyosho M3 as possible so no custom chassis involved although I did have to machine the rear of front belt tensioner and the front of the left rear radio tray support to get enough clearance. Battery is 4200 mah.
So is that 4200mah 4S2P single pack or 2x 7.4V 4200 lipo (these can be different in size and any INCH or MM does matter)? And no middle belt block relocation (all belts length are the same as nitro version) except a custom upper deck with steering servo location relocated to clear the batteries?

No matter what, this is exactly what I really want to acomplish, but I found the smallest set of batteries (kinda similar to yours), I have to get the steering servo relocation, custom upper, and custom rear chassis brace in order to fit everything...
Old 05-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The M3e is looking nice Rick!

Rich, you could have emailed me a couple pics to show me what you were up to. It looks like I gotta get the E'volva finished sooner so I can kick yer'butt.

Was there a race on Sunday or did it rain?

Rick
Old 05-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Jake-I saw this type of setup on some other vehicles in RC Monster forum. Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.