Tech Initiate

Send a message via Skype™ to Pascal Brun

new 1/8 (not Pro10) record in Türkheim is 11.7
you can see this record on:
platzhirsch.net/videos/
Pascal Brun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:15 AM   #1097
Tech Master

ok, with the way you wrote it I thought that the track record of 11.5 seconds made by a pro10 (rc devil with 2s lipo) was beaten.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #1098
Tech Initiate

I think it will be easy to beat this record to, because the Mugen MRX5 E was a first prototyp and we made allready some modification (we made the record during rollout!)...also the grip level was poor (to cold and no race conditions). Christoph Pietsch is a good driver, without a doubt...but what will happen if Robert Pietsch will drive this car?

Anyway 1/8 scale electro will beat many track records, especially existing 1/8 nitro records!

The advantage of electro compare nitro is significant: power, torque, top speed, corner speed, acceleration, gravity center, aerodynamics, liearity (acceleration and braking), no shift point, no clutch etc.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #1099
Tech Master

Indeed, With the support of the big manufacturers and team drivers it is highly likely that it will happen. The ceiling with the pro10 with 2s lipo is pretty much reached. Plus there is no backing of any major manufacturers and/or their team drivers.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #1100
Tech Initiate

sorry...I disagree
In case of 1/8 scale it is similar to Pro10...no big manufacturer is seriously support 1/8 onroad electro!
Why you will not find 1/8 ONROAD electronic from Hobbywing, Speed Passion, LRP etc...?
Why you will not find a real 1/8 onroad electro (only rebuilt nitros)?
Why you can find "mostly" only prototype cars?
Why there is only a 1/8 electro onroad race serie in Switzerland today?

Do you think Mugen is spend some money, or they support our project? (Christoph Pietsch has built this car!)
I lost lot of money for engineering and tests till we got the motor and controller we need especcialy for 1/8 scale onroad electro.

Also other guy in this forum spend a lot of time and money to develop 1/8 electro cars...I've to demonstrate respect for all this pioneer! (especially Daan and Martin, because I'm in contact with them and I'know a little what they do...perhaps you know them to?)

But I'm optimistic in case of Serpent, Shepherd, Capricorn and Motonica, all they are willing to support 1/8 onroad electro project and they have allready a good basis for great 1/8 scale onroad cars...thank's on all this manufacturer!

I'think it make no sense to discuss what is better or faster (you know that I'like both categories...moosi-masters ;-)....Pro10 is really a great category especially the RC Lemans serie and the German EGPRO10!
Old 10-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #1101
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal Brun View Post
how heavy are your 2 Rhino Lipo?
We have a new on...Christoph Pietsch beat the track record in Türkheim with this Lipo.
The new Lipo has the following specification:

4400mAh, 80c, 550g, lenght 94mm, wide 68mm, hight 43mm
I believe the Rhino's are 650, with wires and plugs, but I never checked this.

Winter is coming (already snowing in your country?) So lets see what will happen the coming period.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #1102
Tech Initiate

we have allready snow...but only in the mountains ;-)
If you want to test also in the winter season, it should not be a problem...in 2 months we will open a big indoor asphalt rc track in south Germany (arround 2000m2)....perfect for 1/8 onroad electro.

you will se more if you go to:

platzhirsch.net/rc-indoorpiste/
Old 10-15-2013, 12:43 AM   #1103
Tech Rookie

Hi Pascal,
I'm reading this thread with a lot of passion. In this moment how many e-kits for 1/8 are available to purchase (I've seen one for Sheperd but for Mugen o for Xray there is something?)
Thx

Denny
dennysquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #1104
Tech Rookie

Sorry double post

Last edited by dennysquare; 10-15-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #1105
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
in 2 months we will open a big indoor asphalt rc track in south Germany (arround 2000m2)....perfect for 1/8 onroad electro.

you will se more if you go to:

platzhirsch.net/rc-indoorpiste/
Nice!.....
Old 10-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #1106
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would love to see these take off but think one of the key things we need are some kind of standardized quick change battery that can be changed out during a pit stop.
D.a.v.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #1107
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.a.v.e View Post
I would love to see these take off but think one of the key things we need are some kind of standardized quick change battery that can be changed out during a pit stop.
Why?

These cars are electric, and I don't think it is intended to replace the nitro class!

Also a remark I've heard, is that this is a way to drive 8th scale, without the need of a pitmate! So you can do it alone, like any electrical class.....
Old 10-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #1108
Tech Initiate

as M7H allready said, this is an electric class...but I understand that many driver wont a longer runtime.
Its very critical if you want a fast Lipo replace system, because you have lot of energy in one Lipo...if you damage the Lipo during Lipo switch -or you made a short circuit- this could be very dangerous!
But I'm allready in discussion with a battery company...they produce Li-S battery (Lithium Sulfur).
Li-S has the potential for 25 - 30min. runtime with one Li-S (same size as todays Lipo)...but we have to wait, they have not enough c rate for 1/8 onroad...but this battery could be the future of longtime 1/8 electro onroad race.

Hy Denni,
at this momet you can purchase the Serpent 966e (It looks like they will introduce a 977e version!), Shepherd Velox E8 (including the newest TTB electronics!), Capricorn C801 EL (availlable soon), DS Motorsport Capricorn (with TTB power electronic! should be availlable soon), Motonica has some e cars and also Edam (lower price segment). I'think a Mugen will be availlable next season (not officially form Mugen), Xray...i don't know (some colleagues drive with Xray e cars...but each car is rebuild and handmade)
Old 10-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #1109
Tech Master

Quote:
sorry...I disagree
you are right my last comment was not based on anything and was typed before I was thinking. The only thing I wanted to know was if the new record was the track record.

The indoor track is going to look super..

Last edited by 2wdrive; 10-15-2013 at 12:35 PM.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:56 AM   #1110
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Hy Denni,
at this momet you can purchase the Serpent 966e (It looks like they will introduce a 977e version!), Shepherd Velox E8 (including the newest TTB electronics!), Capricorn C801 EL (availlable soon), DS Motorsport Capricorn (with TTB power electronic! should be availlable soon), Motonica has some e cars and also Edam (lower price segment). I'think a Mugen will be availlable next season (not officially form Mugen), Xray...i don't know (some colleagues drive with Xray e cars...but each car is rebuild and handmade)
Thx Pascal for all the information