It will take off and fly.

It will be fine.
I guess the motocycle helmets from the offroad worlds will come in handy then
Old 12-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I guess the motocycle helmets from the offroad worlds will come in handy then
We might also need cages for the marshalls, like the pylon plane racers use.

Many years ago when racing 1/8 gas in Colorado I witnessed a car launch on the straight and hit a marshall in the back (he was watching the turn at the end of the straight). He was a big guy-- not one that you'd want to piss off in a bar. He was down for about 5 minutes. Fortunately, no permanent damage was inflicted!

Last edited by howardcano; 12-14-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The system shown by Veloxrc will be the future for electric 1/8 onroad, it's the only system which is able to provide eletrical power equal to a nitro powered model reliably. All the current offerings from the well known brands aren't designed for 1/8 onroad power and all fail when you want to run them on 6S power.
The system doesn't use a sensor because it isn't reliable with the high currents and magnetic forces developed by the system. As mentioned the system uses a very smart dynamic timing system which automatically applies timing based on load and rpm.
Also the system has a 'kers' function, it's able to store it's braking energy and use it again for hard acceleration, this protects the battery.

I've been working for more then a year on a conversion based on this system, as a base I will use the Capricorn LAB-C801.
Here some renders:

It took a while to get the correct carbon fiber for the chassis, I finally have the type I want and all the carbon fiber parts will be finished this month.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Also the system has a 'kers' function, it's able to store it's braking energy and use it again for hard acceleration, this protects the battery.
Where does it store the braking energy if it's not in the battery?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by howardcano
Where does it store the braking energy if it's not in the battery?
It has three super-capacitors to store the energy, same technology as used in F1.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Beautiful renders!
Are you using SW? I especially like the red anodizing.
I thought mine were good but you apperently have your rendering settings dialed.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Why make a 1/8 scale pancar when you can buy a 1/10 scale 235mm pancar (pro10) and be done?

A pro10 will be lighter, can drive more comfortable on smaller circuits and is fast. A pro10 with lola, 2s with 7t delta will have more corner speed and acceleration then many can handle comfortably. Everything is already there if you want to drive a pancar really really fast.

(German Masters pro10 2012)
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

(German Masters pro10 2009)
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I tried that... The car felt so tiny out on the 1/8th track. Sure it's fast but didn't feel safe. I just got tired of all the problems associated with the conversions and wasn't having any fun anymore. I feel that something simple, less expensive and comfortable was what I am looking for. This is why I changed direction toward the pan chassis. Besides I needed a way to use up all my old 1/8th foam tires that are too small for my nitro car.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
It will take off and fly.

It will be fine.
I hope I will never prove your theory correct.

I'm not looking to blow away the nitro cars, at least speed wise. I just want it to be fast enough to be fun and somewhat inexpensive. I'd like to get more racers to the track, not scare them away with something dangerous. If your average 1/8th or 1/10 TC driver is compelled to try something very different and new, like a pan car of this type... I think it would be a lot of fun. That's what hooked me on WGT. Unfortunately, our local carpet track is now gone.

Last edited by YoDog; 12-15-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YoDog
Besides I needed a way to use up all my old 1/8th foam tires that are too small for my nitro car.
I think you'll find that other drivers will donate their old tires, too. I ran 1/8 pan nitro for quite a while without ever having to buy rear tires!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Yodog, ok I can see that it would be nice to reuse the tires. Overhere you can buy an adapter to run 1/10 nitro foam tires on the front of a pro10.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Beautiful renders!
Are you using SW? I especially like the red anodizing.
I thought mine were good but you apperently have your rendering settings dialed.
Thanks!

Yes, I use Solidworks for the design and the rendering.
I use the separate photoworks application, not the one build in.
For the red alu parts I use the 'gloss red car paint' material. All settings bumped up to max and then you get that kind of quality.

However I must say your renders look very good as well, especially the carbon fiber. The carbon motif looks a lot more realistic, mine is too gray looking.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Seems like we need a nice quick change battery system included in this next generation. I want to be able to run some longer mains!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Racing 1/8 E Buggy offroad has tremendous power and great reliability, would absolutely love to see what a purpose built 1/8 Onroad car could do....would be some crazy speeds!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Thanks!

Yes, I use Solidworks for the design and the rendering.
I use the separate photoworks application, not the one build in.
For the red alu parts I use the 'gloss red car paint' material. All settings bumped up to max and then you get that kind of quality.

However I must say your renders look very good as well, especially the carbon fiber. The carbon motif looks a lot more realistic, mine is too gray looking.
For the carbon, I select a dark grey colored base when selecting the carbon in the appearance settings. This helps to reduce the silver appearance.
So, the stand alone photo360 is better? I used that with 2010 before it was integrated. Maybe I should try it again.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 AM
NDZ
Tech Apprentice

I hope I will never prove your theory correct.

I'm not looking to blow away the nitro cars, at least speed wise. I just want it to be fast enough to be fun and somewhat inexpensive. I'd like to get more racers to the track, not scare them away with something dangerous. If your average 1/8th or 1/10 TC driver is compelled to try something very different and new, like a pan car of this type... I think it would be a lot of fun. That's what hooked me on WGT. Unfortunately, our local carpet track is now gone.
Yodog, do you have bulkheads and rearaxle + hubs available yet? Or do you have/make custom ones? Especially the diff is interesting. Are planning on using 48pt? Also using the quick release system is an option maybe? Love to see some updates if you have em. Hope your design will succeed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.