Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car

Like Tree6Likes

Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car

Old 06-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
eM3
now I would like to know why do you think an eM3 is weird...
Old 06-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jt415gz
now I would like to know why do you think an eM3 is weird...
Cause I thought of it .
Old 06-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys we've been down a while waiting for the RX8's to show up, but were back on track. got the RX8 with the Speed Passion 3.5 T on our custom SMC 40C 6000 mah pack. had some gearing issues on the first run, but have it under control now. ran last weekend and got it into the low 16 second laps.

We have not had much time tuning for handling since we had battled Speedo fires in the past. We have our Neu Motor ready to go in and have been running full telemetry, seem to consume 300 to 450 mah a minute and have had no problems with 5 to 6 minute run. just need to work on gearing a tad bit more and get a heat sink on the motor. will upload a poor quality video from this weekend with the Timezone E-Mugen on track with a nitro car.

Want to Thank Tekin, SMC, and Timezone Tuning Parts for all the help getting this rocket together. we saw 55mph last week on our 180ft straight. and she is getting all fluffed up for our show down with the E-yoder in July.

Excuse the mess of the car, still working on prototype.......
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-rx8.jpg  
Old 06-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MAD916
Hey guys we've been down a while waiting for the RX8's to show up, but were back on track. got the RX8 with the Speed Passion 3.5 T on our custom SMC 40C 6000 mah pack. had some gearing issues on the first run, but have it under control now. ran last weekend and got it into the low 16 second laps.

We have not had much time tuning for handling since we had battled Speedo fires in the past. We have our Neu Motor ready to go in and have been running full telemetry, seem to consume 300 to 450 mah a minute and have had no problems with 5 to 6 minute run. just need to work on gearing a tad bit more and get a heat sink on the motor. will upload a poor quality video from this weekend with the Timezone E-Mugen on track with a nitro car.

Want to Thank Tekin, SMC, and Timezone Tuning Parts for all the help getting this rocket together. we saw 55mph last week on our 180ft straight. and she is getting all fluffed up for our show down with the E-yoder in July.

Excuse the mess of the car, still working on prototype.......
Sweet.

We're using 750 mah per minute. If I could get to 450 I'd be thrilled. Let me know what your burst readings are - East Bay Pete was getting 170 amps at full throttle, a little rough on the old LiPo's -- I puffed mine.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Sweet.

We're using 750 mah per minute. If I could get to 450 I'd be thrilled. Let me know what your burst readings are - East Bay Pete was getting 170 amps at full throttle, a little rough on the old LiPo's -- I puffed mine.
Aren't you using the castle creations speedo?
That might make a bit of a difference.
My Tekin Rx8 is a Nuclear Missile! 2250k/v and in a truck but most impressive!
What k/v rating would you need to go 70mph with a 3.2' tire? I know voltage will drop current but I think we need to keep it at 4 cells.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Aren't you using the castle creations speedo?
That might make a bit of a difference.
My Tekin Rx8 is a Nuclear Missile! 2250k/v and in a truck but most impressive!
What k/v rating would you need to go 70mph with a 3.2' tire? I know voltage will drop current but I think we need to keep it at 4 cells.
The Castle is very efficient, I'm quite pleased with its abilities (we have beat the crap out of ours in Off Road - zero failures, I might add) We aren't easy on equipment - they have a great product.

74mm rear tires:

2650 kv, 14.8V

22 tooth pinion with 44 tooth spur. <------------------- updated

68 mph

(calculations courtesy of R. Davis)

Last edited by Rich Browne; 06-30-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

The Castle is very efficient, I'm quite pleased with its abilities (we have beat the crap out of ours in Off Road - zero failures, I might add) We aren't easy on equipment - they have a great product.

74mm rear tires:

2650 kv, 14.8V

32 tooth pinion with 44 tooth spur.

68 mph

I couldn't remember the internals. Good info ty!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Cause I thought of it .
I hope you thought about your reason before you thought of it.

...next time try to elaborate a little more, so your post would amount to some sort of "value" to others in the community.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jt415gz
I hope you thought about your reason before you thought of it.

...next time try to elaborate a little more, so your post would amount to some sort of "value" to others in the community.
For one I think the name was obvious and I did think of it .. And you in all your infinite wisdom didn't see any humor in any of that leads me to believe that any luck you may have stumbled upon was NOT one derived from skill... just a certain kind of luck. Take that to your community and cash it.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

74mm rear tires:

2650 kv, 14.8V

32 tooth pinion with 44 tooth spur.

68 mph

Didn't you mean 21 tooth pinion?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

For one I think the name was obvious and I did think of it .. And you in all your infinite wisdom didn't see any humor in any of that leads me to believe that any luck you may have stumbled upon was NOT one derived from skill... just a certain kind of luck. Take that to your community and cash it.
So tell us really why do you think that an eM3 would be weird if they had to only choose one version out of all the Evolva's?

It's really not a hard question to answer, since you already stated your opinion. I'm almost sure you have your facts.

You sound like you know quite a bit about electric components.

I'm curious.

Please do tell and share your wisdom.

There is no limit to learning
Old 06-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by East Bay Pete
Didn't you mean 21 tooth pinion?
Thanks Pete - 70 mph would be a 22 tooth

Guys, let's keep the discussion upbeat. Let's not go down the "hostile"path - it's all good. Brands don't matter - we are doing something new and fun. Leave the kool aid drinking elsewhere.

Yes, some of the manufactures do have a tech advantage - that is good to bring to the table. I think some of battery brands that are pushing 250 amp max current with high C ratings are right up our alley! Let's keep this thread challenging and informative, please
Old 06-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I thought it was funny, john...

Let's try to keep this thread "drama free" as we want to focus on the cars and not the whit of our corresponants.
The idea is to draw attention to our cause and push the boundaries of the current technologies.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YoDog
I thought it was funny, john...

Let's try to keep this thread "drama free" as we want to focus on the cars and not the whit of our corresponants.
The idea is to draw attention to our cause and push the boundaries of the current technologies.
Rick,

Will you have the eYoder ready for the Timezone race? Let me know how I can help getter done.

The Timezone rig is sportin' some serious mah - I don't think the eDavis has enough battery capacity - plus, I think I wasted my battery (don't know if I can second battery - that size was discontinued)
Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Jesus Christ ! Take a pill already...
I know what I like... Nuff said.
For that matter , get off my _ _ _ _! BACK fits in there doesn't it ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.