Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inserts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Inserts Thread

We have seen threads talking about foam and rubber tyres with different brands and manufacturers....so basically I'm starting a thread about tyre inserts......

What are the commonly use inserts brand out there ??? Which is better than others ??? What compound do you normally use ??? Hard ? Medium ? Soft ? Super soft?

I have heard that Hpi inserts are awesome, so any comments ???
Old 04-05-2007, 08:35 AM
PW
Tech Elite

ALL my tires are preglued with med inserts
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PW
ALL my tires are preglued with med inserts

You must be using those TakeOff tyres huh........

One thing about TakeOff tyres, totally gripless.......I dont know how you guys managed to run with those tyres..........
Old 04-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I standardlize all my insert to Yokomo 037M and 039F for different condition. I didn't try others so I've no idea how other insert works. For me 037M and 039F works...
Old 04-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ttso
I standardlize all my insert to Yokomo 037M and 039F for different condition. I didn't try others so I've no idea how other insert works. For me 037M and 039F works...

What compound is that????

How about those new Much More inserts ???
Old 04-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
What compound is that????
How about those new Much More inserts ???
I dont know what compund it's. But 039F is thin-firm, 037M is thick-medium.
http://www.yokomousa.com/tires/insert.html

Usually I run 039F indoor tech track and 037F outdoor hispeed track. As I found such combo give best traction.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Its a waste of time to glue up tires with other inserts ..The rp tires stock work better than 95 percent of other combos i wasted a bunch of sets trying different air gap and firmness.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

On outdoor asphalt Orion yellow, GM green, Xenon orange, yellow and red is mostly used besides the preglued tires.

I pesonally like the feel of the Xenon inserts when driving.
Orange is für low temp and rain.
Yellow is a very good allround insert.
Red is or a bit higher temperatures. My most favourit above 25°C.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

It probably different from region to region. But rarely see anyone running pre-glue tire in Asia, where I know in US it's largely pre-glue RP or something else.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ttso
It probably different from region to region. But rarely see anyone running pre-glue tire in Asia, where I know in US it's largely pre-glue RP or something else.

Yup very hardly you can find people in Asia running pre-glued tyres coz most of us use Sorex tyres and if I'm not mistaken Sorex don't come pre-glued.....

And its true that every region is different........Asians mostly run Sorex coz in my opinion these tyres stand higher temperature.....
Old 04-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yup very hardly you can find people in Asia running pre-glued tyres coz most of us use Sorex tyres and if I'm not mistaken Sorex don't come pre-glued.....

And its true that every region is different........Asians mostly run Sorex coz in my opinion these tyres stand higher temperature.....
Sorex tires do come preglued under the Speedmind name. I know we have them here in the states, not sure about everwhere else.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:26 AM
PW
Tech Elite

You must be using those TakeOff tyres huh........

One thing about TakeOff tyres, totally gripless.......I dont know how you guys managed to run with those tyres..........
I completely disgree with you about gripless!

I will however agree that there are other tires that provide more grip in certian conditions. It's not always about the most grip though, but the cost of racing and fun factor.

I've run my TakeOff RP & CS tires against any and all the best tires here in Florida with the same results; TakeOff tire #1 choice for overall performance. I'm sure if we spent hundreds of dollars experimenting with wheels, inserts, and tires we may find a couple of 10ths, but who the heck has the time and money Keep in mind that we race year around in Florida on a dozen different surfaces and changing weather. We would need 4 or 5 different combos at any given time $$$$$

I applaud TakeOff for giving us a very good premounted tire for all conditions (not just the fastest). TakeOff can easily produce a super fast no expense unmounted tire, but they feel that it's bad for the overall hobby. Sorex is available here in the USA, but very few choose to run them anymore because it raises cost and reduces the fun factor.

TakeOff Fo'Life j/k
Old 04-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PW
I applaud TakeOff for giving us a very good premounted tire for all conditions (not just the fastest). TakeOff can easily produce a super fast no expense unmounted tire, but they feel that it's bad for the overall hobby. Sorex is available here in the USA, but very few choose to run them anymore because it raises cost and reduces the fun factor.

TakeOff Fo'Life j/k
Well said PW!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PW
I completely disgree with you about gripless!

I will however agree that there are other tires that provide more grip in certian conditions. It's not always about the most grip though, but the cost of racing and fun factor.

I've run my TakeOff RP & CS tires against any and all the best tires here in Florida with the same results; TakeOff tire #1 choice for overall performance. I'm sure if we spent hundreds of dollars experimenting with wheels, inserts, and tires we may find a couple of 10ths, but who the heck has the time and money Keep in mind that we race year around in Florida on a dozen different surfaces and changing weather. We would need 4 or 5 different combos at any given time $$$$$

TakeOff Fo'Life j/k
Its true bout what you're saying......but somehow, Asians tend to run only Sorex....I jz dont know why......and I've tried TakeOff tyres and IMHO I jz cant find grip in it.........its jz my personal experience so I dont expect others to have the same experience......perhaps TakeOff tyres suits the US weather
more than the hot and humid weather in Asia.....
Old 04-07-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

running type C sorex inserts for indor asphalt with low-medium grip.
about to try out the pink much more inserts though
(we usually run Sorex 36r here)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.