Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
My understanding is that you double the number on the Velociti motor and that will give a good approximation of the brushed motor it performs similarly to. Going with that a 4.5 should perform similarly to a 9-turn brushed motor. I know it's got more beans than I'M ready to handle...
but can you run that motor with the 4 cell gtb
Old 04-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Yes--the only difference between the "six" cell and "four" cell GTB that I'm aware of is the heat sink--monster finned unit vs. aluminum plate. afaik the controller is otherwise identical.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ryan McBee
Rito,
I just sent you an email. I am not sure if you read my whole post, but they sent me back my broken speed controller. I mentioned to Brad at AE that if they couldn't fix it in a few weeks to send it back. He assured me it wouldn't be more then that, so I agreed to wait and was shell shocked to open a box with my original broken speedo!

Thanks,
Ryan
For some reason I did not receive an email from you, please resend it to the address I listed above. Hope will get it this time and be able to look into this for you, definitely not our philosophy to leave you in the dust with your problem.

@Sam_Smith: sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Which part do you require?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

Ive sent emails to LRP euro and US with no response. Left a message on the Germany number as well. Last time I called LRP US they told me they sent my esc to the wrong person and that they were going to get it back and get it to me. Im just not sure what to think.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Burito/Reto

Can you then explaine what LRP's waranty is?

If a speedo starts glitching under a race ( 3-4 min after start) and you send it in for service, and get a response after 7 weeks? And Brad Geck says that it's cost 104,55$ to repair is that good customer service?

Just wounder

BTW you have not answerd 2 mails that i did sent to you
Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

Well UPS brought it today, just under two months from when it left. Guess I got lucky with the fast turnaround
Old 04-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Legend

O-Man !

Good thing you did`nt ask um to send it back ....
Old 04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My understanding is that you double the number on the Velociti motor and that will give a good approximation of the brushed motor it performs similarly to. Going with that a 4.5 should perform similarly to a 9-turn brushed motor. I know it's got more beans than I'M ready to handle...
Nope. The 4.5 does not perform like a 9 turn. That double the number thing works for crappy LRP motors. The 4.5 is a 4.5. I run a 3.5 and SMOKE 7 turns.

Amazing how many people are saying that have had good experiences in getting LRP equipment repaired. They are ignoring the fact that they have...SO MUCH COMPANY! I could care less about customer service if I didnt have to use it. Maybe the LRP folks are so lame because they are swamped with returned, flawed speedos. I have been running with Novak for over 8 years and NEVER had a ESC die on me. Not my Cyclone, Cyclone 2, Super Rooster, two Dually's and most recently, the GTB. And Charlie is informative as hell when you have a question about their products. LRP, I owned one when I first went brushless....CRAP. Took them forever to replace it. I sold it the day I got it in the mail.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=bxpitbull]

Amazing how many people are saying that have had good experiences in getting LRP equipment repaired...

Its not surprising at all really.....
Old 04-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

If that is the only difference can the four cell actually be used with 6 cells if you don't need the extra cooling?

Yes--the only difference between the "six" cell and "four" cell GTB that I'm aware of is the heat sink--monster finned unit vs. aluminum plate. afaik the controller is otherwise identical.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Wild Cherry]
Originally Posted by bxpitbull

Amazing how many people are saying that have had good experiences in getting LRP equipment repaired...

Its not surprising at all really.....
Hey slim, if you are going to quote me, you should've inserted the second part of that statement......."They are ignoring the fact that they have...SO MUCH COMPANY! I could care less about customer service if I didnt have to use it." Yea, if the customer service and repair is good, so be it. But, you cannot ignore that there are waaaay more posts about esc's malfunctioning and failing with bad shipping and return stories than there are positive. While your experience(s) may have been good, it looks like many others have not (including my own! )
Old 04-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The 4.5 X11 is an animal and will run with anyone elses 3.5. In fact most Reedy/LRP drivers find the 5.5 X11 with a sintered rotor added is more driveable and yields faster lap times on US size sedan tracks.

I would say the 4.5 is as powerful as a 7T but has more bottom end.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The 4.5 X11 is an animal and will run with anyone elses 3.5. In fact most Reedy/LRP drivers find the 5.5 X11 with a sintered rotor added is more driveable and yields faster lap times on US size sedan tracks.

I would say the 4.5 is as powerful as a 7T but has more bottom end.
Is that right? Well, please point out some drivers that have run the 4.5 x11 against the 3.5. Better yet, use some of your influence to get one of the better reading magazines to do a heads up test. Yes, the higher turns may be more driveable, but this thread isnt about that. It is about the crappiness of LRP. All things considering, if the motors are pretty much to ROAR specs, in the hands of a good driver, performance should be about the same.

And the 4.5 is more powerful that a 7 turn. I used to run the P-94 7 double and the D5 7 single. On the wind up, they cannot touch the 4.5 and as far as top end, the heat build up on the brushed motor negates the top end in comparing it to the 4.5.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porschejim911
If that is the only difference can the four cell actually be used with 6 cells if you don't need the extra cooling?
I don't think I'd do that. From what I've been seeing on Touring Cars if you're pushing the performance envelope you need the cooling. Not sure about the 5300/7800/13.5's, etc, but I've seen 'em thermally shut down with the 5.5's and lower.

For six-cell work I'd probably stay with the finned heat sink model and experiment with removing the fan if I didn't need quite that much cooling.

At PKC I saw someone had milled the fins off the heat sink of their GTB to make a diy 4-cell unit. I'm giving thought to doing the same to mine--far more cost-effective than splashing out for a new esc.

Scottrik
Old 04-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is totally appalling to read, considering I just bought a 2007 Comp Sphere. I agree with the guy that posted earlier that AE should set up a test bench and if an ESC comes in that is fried or doesn't function, if its within the warranty period they should immediately send out a warranty replacement. If it needs more troubleshooting than they can handle, they should ship it off to Germany and get the job done in a couple of weeks. I really hope the reasoning is incorrect that the reason they are so piss poor in turnaround time is because the reliability of their product sucks and they are swamped with fried ESC's. Maybe its just that they sell one hell of a lot of ESC's? On the bright side, their ESC does work great, and they beat Novak to it by having a lipo cutoff built in. That's what sold me on the Comp Sphere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.