Old 04-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

im thinking novak
or mamba
Old 04-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
Well, unfortunately I have to agree with EddieO. I have a VERY similar problem. I had a Sphere Comp. sitting in for months in my 4wd buggy that i never used, so i decided to sell it. I sell off the Sphere Comp to a bud and he had problems from the start. So i gave his money back to him and I shipped off the Shere Comp back right before Snowbirds (Early February) to LRP so I could get it repaired and sell it.

Well, weeks and months went by with no word. I emailed multiple times and finally got a response stating the same as Ryan heard - "we should have them next week - waiting on a new shipment in"

Weeks went by again, I emailed - got the same thing. I finally sent a very polite yet firm email stating this is unacceptable. It has been nearly 3 months and no speedo fixed yet.

I finally get a call from the LRP service tech telling me my speedo is working fine! He couldn't replicate the problem. I was pretty upset to say the least. They "sat" on my speedo for nearly 3 months that they say works fine.

I have had great experiences in the past with LRP before I started running Tekin stuff, so poor communication and lack of service is horrible. I don't care what type of business you are in, to take over 90 days to service a product is ridiculous!!!

So Mr. Cherry, I did wait, and I was patient, but I still have yet to receive my speedo that is "working fine"

Not bashing LRP, just sharing my very similar experience....
Great! ..I have a Sphere that needs to go back as well.
I guess I better get it sent off. I was going to use it in the dirt this season, At that rate the season will be over.
Its been sitting in my pit box most of the winter. When it went bad I bought a GTB and haven't touched it since.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by senna555
That is odd.

I have always used lrp products and have never had an issue with warranty or service. I continued to use lrp as result of excellent customer service over the years and excellent quality.

I sent back 2 q1 for service and recvd q2 without any problems and at a reasonable cost about 4 months ago. The turnaround time with shipping and everything was about 2 weeks.

Perhaps it is just a result of a move/staffing changes.

I actually sold every novak item I had after a negative customer service experience(similar to what the guy described) in the days of the gt7 and refused to ever buy anything from novak again....I guess it can work both ways.

At my local track the percentage of novak problems and failure is much higher than lrp by a large margin. The main problem has been lack of stock on any units lately...perhaps also a result of move/merge.

I Here That
Old 04-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cvt01
If there wasn't any problem with LRP products in the first place nobody would have bad experience with AE service.
If we lived in your perfect world, we wouldn't need service depts because nothing would ever fail...
Old 04-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Legend

Magoo

I do know no one has had 2007 Competition in stock for last month..
They sold out right away....

Maybe you missed the window ?
I sent my Sphere to Ae in Dec didnt get my back until Feb...
which mean`s after Feb everyone brought all of the 2007`s and you are in line for the next shipment...

I agree months is a long time ..
I feel your pain...

but

Look at other Company`s like Losi , try to get spares or tires from Horizon !
No way! It is all out of stock !

Not trying to pick on Losi , they are a great company...
Yet, more and more I see racer`s out of luck because it is "out of stock".

This is not just a Lrp problem , the whole sport has been experiencing "out stock" blues .....

I`m sure we will hear more complaints before things get better....
Old 04-07-2007, 07:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I had an A1 Runner Reverse thermal continually on a Sports Tuned motor (geared low, I mean a TEU-101BK didn't get ANY heat on it) took it back, got another one, did the same thing. Now this is an ESC with a "19 turn limit". Ended up having the LHS accusing me of not wiring up my car right, got a Futaba 20 turn ESC, no dramas since.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

I've had five years experience with electric racing and with three of us racing I've purchased over 30 ESC's. I currently own about 12 now. I see the LRP vs. Novak situation this way:

Novak, made in California
LRP, made in Germany distributed to the US

The LRP warranty is less effective to the end user because of the above.

I won't but another LRP product new because in reality if you pay 140 bucks and it goes belly-up after 90 days you essentially pay 75 bucks plus shipping and have to wait forever to get it back. If I can get one for 40 cents on the dollar used....sure I'll buy it, but why buy one new? They don't have a product that is unique.....

I buy Novak product new and used.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Associated warranties LRP as their distributor. I have never had a problem getting my LRP speedos fixed (only 3 problems in the last 10 years, 2 were my fault) and I have had every racing speedo LRP has made since thay started coming into the US. No repair has taken more than 3 weeks to get back to me and only one cost me anything.

FYI, I was not working for Schumacher or any R/C company when they fixed my first 2 speedos.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

My sphere 2007 blew up after two weeks. Just sent it in today it will be interesting to see how long it will take. It worked awesome for the first two weeks but I was hoping for a little bit better reliability than that. This is the first problem I have had with LRP after 5 years and 5 speedo's so I was due. I will post my results hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EddieO
Cherry, are you kidding me? Are you telling me that 3+ months is acceptable? He should of waited? How does that help the hobby? AE/LRP should have extra replacements on hand at all times for crap like this.....

More proof that Novak is simply the better company in both producet quality and customer service....funny you never see nightmare stories like this from Novak......

Later EddieO
Actually I've had personal bad experience with Novak customer support.

It's bad that LRP is getting this bad reputation because they have some nice products.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
and only one cost me anything.
Remember when their packaging and the instruction sheet said "lifetime warranty"? Then they went to "Limited Lifetime Warranty"? I think it was 2004. I bought a Pro Sport, at the LHS, had the receipt, got the RMA number sent it in to AE, and expected to just it get back repaired. My packaging and instructions said Lifetime Warranty. I instead got a phone call requesting a credit card number or for me to send a check for 75 bucks. AE said the wording meant I just wouldn't pay full price for a repair, not that it would be repaired for free. That was just wrong. I explained I owned all AE products at the time, loved them, etc.. they wouldn't budge.

So....I know what they think about me as a customer. I'm just another line item to them.

In contrast I just sent in an Integy charger that's 5 years old to Integy. The charger new was about 150 bucks. It's being repaired for 35 bucks.

I highly doubt LRP in Germany actually gets a box full of broken ESC's from AE and hands them to Dietmar in some repair department and Dietmar goes about soldering and slicing stuff and puts them back in a box and sends them back to the US and it's just the cost of doing business.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

LRP needs a repair center in North America plain and simple. I Had 2 sphere's myself, 1 went bad, LED's stopped working so you couldnt program it or tell what the h*ll it was doing. Took about 1 1/2 months to get a refurbished one back, worked well after that. But blew my confidence in LRP. My friends Sphere comp toasted on the 3, or 4th run too. I'm starting to see there performance standards are high when they work right, but quality standards low, its kinda hit or miss with LRP. Castle, Novak, and now Tekin will have my business.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I used to be LRPs biggest fan but after 1 issue I will never buy them again. I bought a product that never worked proper and when it did go the warranty was a joke. It is quite apparent that LRP released the Sphere before it had been tested properly and all the bugs were out of it. Then they ask for there loyal customers to pay for the testing of their product. I still like the performance of LRP but will not spend $200 to test another of their units for them.
Associated service is a whole other matter, Jason there is an a-hole. This is a company that may as well close their doors now, since TTR purchased them they have coasted and released one dud product after another. Too bad, they were inovative and still make some decent stuff, just nothing new that is decent.
I will continue to use my old LRP and associated stuff but thay will not get any new business from me.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

I run both I use the LRP QC2 in my oval car and my 12th scale car and I use the novak GTX in my 10th scale sedan although I have only been running the GTX for about a year I have had no issues with it and I also like the trade in program that novak offers. I have had good luck with LRP in the customer service I have been running them since the QC first came out keep in mind this was before they offered the "limited lifetime warranty" I had a couple of the originals for a few of years before any problems and LRP sent me NEW QC2's for $50 when I sent them in.
Unfortunatly EVERY manufacturere will have customers that get bad service it's happened to me on occasion but I chalk it up to expierience and luck LOL. But all in all whether it's associated(lRP) ,Novak, Horrizon etc they all do have in general great service. I look at it this way with the amount of customers that each deals with I bet you would be surprised at the ratio of bad expieriences over the good and to be honest if I quit using a pruduct based on a bad expierience by myself or others then what would I have for choices?not to many......

Last edited by Jmccormick; 04-08-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cammer
I used to be LRPs biggest fan but after 1 issue I will never buy them again. I bought a product that never worked proper and when it did go the warranty was a joke. It is quite apparent that LRP released the Sphere before it had been tested properly and all the bugs were out of it. Then they ask for there loyal customers to pay for the testing of their product. I still like the performance of LRP but will not spend $200 to test another of their units for them.
Associated service is a whole other matter, Jason there is an a-hole. This is a company that may as well close their doors now, since TTR purchased them they have coasted and released one dud product after another. Too bad, they were inovative and still make some decent stuff, just nothing new that is decent.
I will continue to use my old LRP and associated stuff but thay will not get any new business from me.
hmmm I had just the opposite expieriece with Jason.
Back when I ran associated stuff I had the tc4 when they had a issue with the molding of the arms and when I called about it Jason was very helpful about getting me the upgraded arms and shipping them in a very timely manner they didnt even ask for the old ones back I know some componaies would wait to get the old ones back before shipping out the replacements.
Yes it sucked that I had an issue but they imop made good on it ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.