R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   LRP Quantum Comp = Futaba MC800 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/15773-lrp-quantum-comp-%3D-futaba-mc800.html)

sup 04-03-2003 05:13 PM

LRP Quantum Comp = Futaba MC800

Are these 2 ESCs the same? Do these ESCs really burn up when in use? Feedbacks about these ESCs are greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

sup 04-03-2003 07:07 PM

up :D

Awesome 04-03-2003 08:02 PM

Definitely the same.
Also branded as Nosram Dominator.

Check out the specs of them both.

Don't have one, but friend of mine has blown a MC800R.

The new Ashushi Hara Twister is also the same as a KO VFS 2000.

lee82gx 04-03-2003 08:08 PM

yep..the same just different name.
just buy the one where service is good in ur area.
like mine
LRP
then if Japan better go for Futaba
US/Europe :LRP or Nosram
Just to add, the Tamiya 2002 special edition ESC is also the KO-VFS.does anyone know which is the cheapest of these 3?

Awesome 04-03-2003 08:26 PM

Tamiya 2002 special Edition ESC were cheaper because I don't see them anymore.

sup 04-03-2003 11:13 PM

if your were to choose between a novak cyclone (c2?) or mc800/quantum comp, what would you guys choose? kinda in a budget and am going for 2nd hand ESCs. what other ESC would you guys suggest.. as far as i know, nobody carries the VFS2000 in our country (philippines), i think(?).. thanks! :)

AQuionIV 04-03-2003 11:46 PM

lol.. if ur scared of burning up esc's, then don't go C2 or TC2... I've had a Quantum since it's release, and I've never burnt it up.. I did install the Worlds kit on it just lately, for the capacitor mainly, but it had a heatsink as well, so slapped that on too. I also have an LRP V7.1 that I just batter the hell out of. (Over gearing stock handout motors like every race.) but it has never shown signs of glitching or messing up.

Novak TC2's on the other hand, I have a basket full of them. lol. Cyclones and TC2's. the recent TC2 burn I had, actually the whole corner part of the housing melted=X.

With the heat of tropical PI weather, I wouldn't suggest TC2. Then again, dat's just me, the newbie.

I should be in the Philippines within like this year or next. Can't wait to try out some tracks over there :D. I heard that there's a track in Tagaytay, that's just huge... is that true? anywhere u know where i can find pix of the track layout?? thanks=)

sup 04-04-2003 12:25 AM

a track in tagaytay?! really? didnt know there was one? newbie too so am not really sure if there is a track there.. what is new is an indoor carpet track at the rockwell powerplant mall parking level 3 (at the basement level 3 that is).. if you are visiting the PI, you could check out the manila thread at the international forums, some guys posted a list of tracks available here.. maybe track owners would post some pics. there are pics of tracks in the manila r/c gallery too at the manila racers thread/forum. thanks for the reply! :)

sup 04-04-2003 01:45 AM

can i ask the people who experienced burnt ESCs what motor they ran? was thinking, if they ran a fast motor and overgeared, i might think of getting a motor a notch below those motors that burned the quantum comp. just a thought though.. thanks :)

Cole Trickle 04-04-2003 02:28 AM

There's an ongoing rumour about Quantums blowing up. However, the guys with Quantums in our club never had a problem.

Personally, I believe that the LRP 7.1 is one of the most durable out there, it really takes a lot of abuse. I've even connected the batteries the wrong way a couple of times... the 7.1 dont care, it just goes on and on and on....

Ortiz 04-04-2003 02:56 AM

Man, my V7.1 is a beast!!!! I batter it to death also!! Only thing is that you cant redo the wiring... But other than that I love it!!! Never even gets warm!!!:weird:

Next on the list is GT7.....:nod:

TSR6 04-04-2003 07:22 AM

I have had great luck with Novak speedo's. I've had my TC2 for quite a while now, and I've never had a problem with it. I even hooked it up backwards for a split second, and it's still going strong.

My quantum on the other hand, It was a good speedo while it lasted. I still have to send it back to AE/LRP.

Everyone always has thier opinions of what they like, or do not like in speedos. Heck, Some people still swear by tekin!

rc-zombies 04-04-2003 09:14 AM

sup..

get the GT7..you won't regret it.

I've had the MC800 was fried after 2 days of use. :(

Awesome 04-04-2003 09:30 AM

I would go for a GT-7.
Bought one two months ago and very satisfied.

Have a MC400R for more than a year. Still working nothing burned. But use it for Mini Cooper with stockmotor.

MattW 04-04-2003 11:54 AM

I've got a pair of Quantums and have had no problems with either of them, one has the worlds kit and the other doesn't. They have been down to 8 turn in a touring car wiht no problems.