Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
NEED HELP WITTH ROLLOUTS PLEASE >

NEED HELP WITTH ROLLOUTS PLEASE

NEED HELP WITTH ROLLOUTS PLEASE

Old 04-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

the track owner is not a person it is owned by a club(a group of people that don't even race) , and for the people we can't catch they like to win and won't help with gear ratio they always say that they don't use gear ratio/rollout the go by the temp of the motor when you touch it (can't see that would work?).
Old 04-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I run stock with rubber tires xray 05, 84 spur (from box) and 21 pin on a small asphalt outdoor track, on the gear chart Im getting 12.1, is this correct?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

bump
Old 04-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Skyline,

With the Komodo Dragon, we run 6.5 to 6.9 final drive ratio with "F" brushes and purple motor springs, on tracks tighter than yours. Keep in mind that different brushes in the motor may require different gearing, but F, 767 and Hurricane Gold brushes are all in that range.

Are you rebuilding the motor, changing brushes and cutting the commutator regularly? If not, this is very important to maintain performance.

Also keep in mind that motors will vary due to manufacturing tolerances, so one KD may need a different gearing than the next (no more than 1 or 2 teeth normally).

Not sure on your stock gearing...try contacting Garrett at Team Brood, maybe on their thread, to check.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Christian,

Not sure where you got the 12.1 number. With the pinion/spur you quoted that is a 6.8 final drive ratio, and 28.64mm rollout with 62mm tires. Don't know what kind of stock motor you have or how it is tuned (brushes & springs), but this should be in the right range for smaller tracks. Check with the motor supplier for recommendations.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Larry,

Thanks you have been a great help.

I am running 4499 brushes and the motor is brand new with only one pratice with it.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

skyline,

You are quite welcome. Couple of other thoughts. The 4499 brush is good and you should get very good performance out of it. It should be in the same gearing range I quoted.

Also, sometimes even brand new motors do not have good commutator cut, so you might want to true it on a good lathe before too long.

Good luck!
Old 04-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Larry,

Can you help out witth stock gear ratio were should I start with that.It is a team brood pro don't know the make it has a black can.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

skyline,

Best guess is 6.4 to 7.0 final drive. Start at 7.0 and try 1 tooth higher each run until the commutator starts to turn a little red from heat...you should also see laptimes fall off after 4 minutes or so if it is over geared.

The best thing to do is ask Team Brood on their thread...they are very helpful. I am just not familiar with the black can stocker.