Wiki Posts
Search

Wich one to choose, Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Hello, so with many brushlles motor and speed control ( the fastes one, 3,5 T)in the market wich one will you guy´s choose:

-LRP sphere
- Nosram
- Noval GTB
- tekin
- GM
- Trinity
- Orion
- Mamba
- Mtronicks

Is there anyone that i can use in rain races.
I personally ran the 3.5R in my tc4 it was money well spent. The car was fast, the programing wasn't bad, and going that fast the run time was great. But if you decide to run at the track, Then run the 4.5 novak and buy the up graded 3.5 sintered rotor. Good luck with your set up which ever system you decide to buy. Take Care...
Old 03-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello, why do you prefer the 4,5T with the sintered rotor?

The novak, when you make any set up you are changing in the 5 program?

How do we know what is the set up in the other programs?

Is there any speacial treatment that i should do to the brushless.

And about the set up, is using drag break very hard to the motor?

Wich is the parameter that alterate the punch, frequence or minimun drive?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm think wait moment to see Tekin new series ESC ,
because is sensorless ESC can support sensored brushless motor ( NOVAR 3.5R , LRP X11 , GM ... )

but Mamba Max same have tested , need use notebook setup !
coming have software use in PDA to setup !
Old 03-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eirik
Personally, I would go for the New LRP/Nosram ISTC Speedo with the Orion Vortex motor

The speedo is very easy to set up and has a great feel...!
The new orion motors are the fastest brushless I have tried so far and they run really cool, thanks to the internal fan!
Also, they almost feels like an brushed motor, very nice and smooth power band
Have you tried those Orions motors with a sensorless ESC like the mamba max? I am considering purchasing a Tekin or Orion 10.5 brushless. I just need one that runs good on a sensorless ESC.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

so sensorless ESC have Tekin , GM & Mamba & can use sensored motor !
GM Genius95 use PC to setup bester & outdoor easy cutoff !
Old 03-30-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Spoook
Have you tried those Orions motors with a sensorless ESC like the mamba max? I am considering purchasing a Tekin or Orion 10.5 brushless. I just need one that runs good on a sensorless ESC.
Sorry, I have not tried my Vortex on a Mamba speedo, however, I tried without sensors with the GM speedo, worked really good!
Got a litle less rpm and more torque without sensors, geared one tooth higher, driving feel was pretty much the same.

The Vortex should work really good with the Mamba or any other high performance sensorless speedos!
This motor har super smooth feel from the bottom and up!!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

I agree with Eirik ragarding the Nosram/LRP ISTC and Orion Votex motor being a very good combination.

The speedo is very easy to adjust and Ive had no thermaling problems whatsover. Infact Ive not even come close to thermaling it, you can check how close you got to the thermal cut after a run.

The motor is very well built and stays much cooler than any other motor I have tried. It is also unbelievabley quick. As others have suggested I would not recommend running a 3.5 on a small track, it has far too much power. Id got for a 4.5-5.5.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Hello, why do you prefer the 4,5T with the sintered rotor?

The novak, when you make any set up you are changing in the 5 program?

How do we know what is the set up in the other programs?

Is there any speacial treatment that i should do to the brushless.

And about the set up, is using drag break very hard to the motor?

Wich is the parameter that alterate the punch, frequence or minimun drive?
The reason for using the 4.5 with the sintered rotor is because the 4.5 is legal for racing and the sintered rotor is a good up grade because the stock rotor on the 4.5 tends to explode, you won't have that problem with the sintered rotor. The 3.5 isn't legal that I know of as of yet. Also the 3.5 would be too fast for some tracks from what guys are saying on the forums. When I had the 3.5R I think I ran program #1 then changed it to program #3. A friend of mine is running the 4.5R on his PRO4 with a lipo pack and it runs great. He also has a upgraded sintered rotor because he blew up the stock one twice. I ran the 3.5 on my prostock and then I put it in my TC4 it ran great I had no problems with it but due too money problems I had to sell the TC4 with the 3.5 set up in it. If you want more detail on the novak set up, pm Bxpitbull and tell him I sent you. He is currently running his 4.5 set up and he can give you up to date info that I may have missed. Take Care and Good Luck.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I dont see why the 3.5 wouldnt be legal. The motor approval just says Novak Velociti Motor and I dont see anything in the rules that would suggest it wouldnt be. Dunno...
Old 03-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I use the Novak GTB it comes with a water resistant case. From mod 3.5 down to stock 13.5 they offer every speed you can ask for, it comes with a run capacitor and fan. And has all the custom profiles you can ask for. (no computer needed to program it), Serious plug and race or play. And the best tech support to my experience. I would seriously check out the GTB or the new XBR.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Stay away from the lrp...reedy stuff.

My stuff lasted 4 mins and blew up. Then it was two and a half months to get the speedo replaced and three and a half months and i'm still waiting for a replacement motor.

Go with somebody with good service....not LRP...REEDY
Old 03-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have ran the LRP. Its sitting in the pit box needing to go back. Dang thing just started shuttering. Only on the bottom end.

Went to the GTB and havent bothered to send it back. That was a year ago.

The GTB has a smoother throttle response Vs. the LRP.
From bottom end to top end the smooth ripp is nice, especially with the mod motors.
The other day I ran the 4.5 and the bottom end and the mid range was so smooth.
The smooth throttle response is great on medium sized tracks, and off road where traction would be a concern.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I Think Mtroniks is the best for me, becouse the mtroniks ESC is

Fully programmable battery selection, motor timing, acceleration, brakes and reverse, reverse disable, Waterproof ESC
Instant acceleration from a standing start by using Mtroniks Ltd. optimised motor preperation
A 'return to base' software upgrade facility
Li-Po battery support for 2 to 4 cells
4 to 8 cells NiCAD or NiMH
Automatic sensing of number of cells when using NiCAD or NiMH batteries
Current limit cut-off
3A Hyper BEC
3 Internal Schottky diodes
Auto cut-off computer
Dimensions:-52mmx35mmx15mm
Weight:-54g
COMPLETELY SENSORLESS

Low cost NOT cheap!

Now, i have using that Mtroniks ESC AND the Mtroniks Brushless motor around 10 turn, but i can VS with the novak 3.5R.......In the End i win...becouse the novak no torque and The Mtroniks very high tuorque until u unbelievedeble...now i using 3:1 gear ratio with lipo batt. cheaper then novak !...Lipo light weight then nimh batt....lipo high volt and high current and super light weigh.....
Old 03-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's really FORD VS CHEVY VS DODGE with these things performance wise.....99% of the drivers are not going to be able to tell the difference between them....

So, the next thing you need to take into account is legality and customer service....

With those two things in mine, the Novak is the best controller to get. You get outstanding customer service, along with live tech support.......Novak doesn't mess around when taking care of customers, even when it's user error. They have a generous warranty and replacement program.

As for motors.....the Novak, for the same reason above.....plus its legal....along with the new Orion/Peak motors when they become available.....

I would stick to that, so you can actually race it and get it fixed if it breaks....

Later EddieO
Old 03-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

are the LRP X11 4.5t motors a direct fit for the novak GTB speedo? will the sensor wires slap on without any added adapters or what have you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.