Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NOVAK New XBR Sport Brush/Brush Speed Control

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I would just like to point out that I'm a prophet.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=2007
Old 03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Company Representative

Like I said before, when syndr0me types, Novak listens....

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I would just like to point out that I'm a prophet.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=2007
Old 03-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Like I said before, when syndr0me types, Novak listens....
Syndrome type after me . (Give UN4RACING ''FREE'' stuff. ).
Old 03-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Syndrome type after me . (Give UN4RACING ''FREE'' stuff. ).
You've got plenty of their stuff already!

As for guessing what's next, I can't think of anything at the moment. Maybe optional different colored rings for the motors, lower profile heatsinks for the motors, or something like that. Novak never seems to do too much of that vanity stuff, so that would be a surprise if it happened.

I imagine all the existing motors will be brought up to the "pro" standards with the ribbed can, sintered rotor and solder tabs. Maybe we'll see the elusive 9.5? An optional rotor fan? I dunno, just a few random guesses.

I'd like to see this new ESC next to a GTB to compare size.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Lord

You've got plenty of their stuff already!

As for guessing what's next, I can't think of anything at the moment. Maybe optional different colored rings for the motors, lower profile heatsinks for the motors, or something like that. Novak never seems to do too much of that vanity stuff, so that would be a surprise if it happened.

I imagine all the existing motors will be brought up to the "pro" standards with the ribbed can, sintered rotor and solder tabs. Maybe we'll see the elusive 9.5? An optional rotor fan? I dunno, just a few random guesses.

I'd like to see this new ESC next to a GTB to compare size.
I could use a back up GTB. (PLEASE? ) I may just buy one of these set ups just as a back up, maybe the 5800 version?
Maybe a version without the brushed option would help to make it smaller?
And I'm not sure but I'm thinking the capacitor is installed internal?
Iwonder if this is the end of the SS speedos?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Lord

I could use a back up GTB. (PLEASE? ) I may just buy one of these set ups just as a back up, maybe the 5800 version?
Maybe a version without the brushed option would help to make it smaller?
And I'm not sure but I'm thinking the capacitor is installed internal?
Iwonder if this is the end of the SS speedos?
Apparently brushed motor in a brushless ESC is done entirely in software, and doesn't contribute at all to the ESC's size. The new ESC doesn't seem to be much smaller, but its input layout seems a bit more flexible.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Lord

Funny... half the threads on this forum these days are about LiPo or brushless. There are those that lead, and those that follow. ;-)
Old 03-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Lord

Funny... half the threads on this forum these days are about LiPo or brushless. There are those that lead, and those that follow. ;-)
It looks like all the gung ho nat'l racers are holding out?
But just about all the gung ho club racers have made the switch?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Lord

I think the general opinion among guys that go to big races is that they'll race whatever is legal. Presumably, they'll also be more inclined race whatever they get for free.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

We have dudes that refuse to run brushless because they don't allow it at big races in 12 stock. These guys might go to 1 or 2 big races a year. Brushless they admit is faster and much easier. Looking at these guys budgets, I don't think coming up with the cash to switch is a problem. Let's face the fact that some people will just gripe to gripe and not care enough to even try first hand what their griping about. So let us move forward and grow this hobby. I can't wait to try this speed control.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I dont see why anyone would buy a GTB at this point unless they wanted to run a lower turn motor. The sizes are very close (footprint wise) but this is presumably much smaller overall because it doesnt have the fan. I wonder if it will have the huge power capacitor? I suspect the next release will be a smaller GTB.

XBR Footprint 1.54” x 1.18” (39 x 30 mm)
GTB Footprint: 1.16” x 1.49” (29.5 x 37.8 mm)
Old 03-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by sportpak
We have dudes that refuse to run brushless because they don't allow it at big races in 12 stock. These guys might go to 1 or 2 big races a year. Brushless they admit is faster and much easier. Looking at these guys budgets, I don't think coming up with the cash to switch is a problem. Let's face the fact that some people will just gripe to gripe and not care enough to even try first hand what their griping about. So let us move forward and grow this hobby. I can't wait to try this speed control.
There is undoubtedly a segment of people in R/C that do NOT want things to change, for whatever reason. The popular theory is that they don't want all their equipment to be obsolete, and they don't want to lose the advantage they had by spending more time/money on motor preparation than the next guy. None of them say that, though. Usually, they throw out one of the popular arguments, like they can't run it at big races, or it's not "legal," or it doesn't feel right. It's difficult to tell who's making a reasonable argument against it, and who's just trying to stall to preserve the advantage they've enjoyed.

My favorite is the people who threaten to quit when brushless takes over. Quit racing? Really? REALLY?! Because of brushless motors? Come on...
Old 03-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I must admit I used to be one of those anti-brushless guys, that is until I managed to get my hands on a very cheap brushless motor / speedo combo.

It is just great, almost no maintenance and a lot of speed. Just what I need being at Uni
Old 03-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Company Representative

Many of those "gung ho" national racers have brush motor company sponsors and contracts that forbid them from running or (publicly) testing brushless motors.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The new speedo is a good things to happen.....what really exciting is the new 13.5 stock brushless motor....it is NEW, but this is something suppose to be ALOT closer to the current brushed motor...(I know...Novak said that when they release the SS-Pro series 13.5....)

Look at the spec of the EX series 13.5 (stock) and 10.5 (19T).....especially the wattage output....it is getting closer, but still, a little more powerfull then brushed motor, from the other thread, they said some good tunned brushed motor can pull 125-135 watts....this one is still good 165 watts. I still don't know hows that work.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.