R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #106
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My wife doesn't quite get it like Mrs CRC does,,, however I was into RC before we met almost 25 years ago so she never tried to change that. She gets what it's all about now that my son is heavily involved with me, he's almost 12 and has been driving since he was 7. Although she has no interest she respects the fact that it's one of the best father / son hobbies you can think of. I use virtually ZERO money from our paychecks for this hobby, it's all financed by wheeling and dealing or side work. Sure once in a while I'll buy tires or paint on the debit card but aside from that it's all cash. Plus I give her some cash too... so how can she complain ?

On a side note:

Mrs CRC,

I was looking for the best pan car money could buy so I just bought a CRC Gen X 10. It's obvious Frank is passionate about the hobby because the car is beautiful. Unbelieveable engineering, fit, and finish. Those long hours are not in vain, this car is better than anything in it's class.
Steve. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #107
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Was racing real cars when I met my wife who is from Motor City.

Spent every last cent on racing back then. So, she thinks r/c cars are cheap! LOL

Mrs. CRC's post dates back to 2007. Doubt she still cares about this topic. I will ask Frank C when I see him in a few more days. More LOL.
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #108
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I go away to Sea for sometimes 5 months consecutive and every other month regularly. So I can do no wrong, and when theres packages arriving at the door while I'm away she neatly stores them away until my arrival home. One of the best reasons I tell people RC is ok is that some people spend their money on crap like drugs or gambling, or too much on alcohol where my only addiction is one that everyone gets to enjoy at my expense!!
drpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:55 AM   #109
Tech Champion

Still with my wife and still racing

Not as often as I would like to, neither do I keep the r/c stuff at home, but she accepts that it is part of my life...

Sometimes, life is about compromises. Family and bills ARE more important, but so is having some time to yourself and enjoying what you do.
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #110
Tech Fanatic

Sounds like some women out their need hobbies of their own. Me personally I feel a woman shoping to me is a hobby but they never seem to look at it that way.
rosko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:25 AM   #111
Tech Fanatic

I guess im lucky my girl dont mind, she has a few cars, and like video games .
rosko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:23 AM   #112
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AudioStylz

My fiance doesn't quite get the RC Racing hobby but she doesn't mind it as long as I do things in a controlled manner. We've had our arguments about this hobby and how it's more important to me then her, our wedding plans, and future. Yet she will occasionally buy me a body, wheels/tires, batteries, whatever without asking me yet she knows I could use just by the few nights she's been with me at the track to spend some time with me.

I don't race as much as I'd like to because of her but at least I can still race every other week, unfortunately that limits me to 1 class which has been 1/10th scale Short Course Trucks on friday nights. I also have a TC5R setup for VTA racing and a Tamiya M-05Pro which both have not seen track action in over 2 months.....I have considered selling them both because of the lack of use. Now she's not the full reason why the tc5 and m-05 have not been used, the main reason is because of not having a job that can allow me to race like I'd like to. I'd still have to limit my racing to every other week if I could afford to race with a job, unemployment can only take me so far which is everyother friday night at this point.
Mike Zadler
Associated TC3 VTA & TC6 USGT
Tamiya M-05
AudioStylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #113
Tech Regular

Hi, I made a deal with my wife many years ago. I told her I would stop
my radio control hobby when she quit going to the beauty parlor every
week. Worked fine. Still Racing RC Cars and boats and still happily married. Regards
Norman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #114
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I had one so i got rid of her and traded her in for a better one and she loves rc
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #115
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norman2 View Post
Hi, I made a deal with my wife many years ago. I told her I would stop
my radio control hobby when she quit going to the beauty parlor every
week. Worked fine. Still Racing RC Cars and boats and still happily married. Regards
Whew, I thought you where going to say you haven't touched a rc car in years and have to stay home with one ugly wife.
Gary Lanzer
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #116
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

my wife and i have been together for 6 years and just recently got married 6months ago! she knows how much this hobby is a part of my life and is ok with it as long as the bills get paid. she also knows there will be divorce papers under her pillow if she trys to take rc away!!
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #117
Tech Addict

Simple tell your wife hobby of RC is far better then hobby of women. Also the cost of running RC car is not too expensive now. If you check about the prices of RC car 15 years ago, the cost of racing is the same, maybe cheaper now.
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #118
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

lol. My ex hated it. My new gf loves rc. I even got her a monster truck and Im getting her a car.
sm1nts2escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #119
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Got married in dec of 99 and she got me a rc pan car for x mas. Lol that did it was hooked. Been racin more and more up till 2yrs ago we got a devorce. I got 2 of my friends racin and they both were datin my wifes friends worked out great we go race they do whatever. Yea that was a bad idea needless to say. Now my new gf(of 1yr knows rc is in my blood and excepts it as part of my life.
Justin & Matt Lyons
Sponsored by awesomatix, EA motorsports, sanwa, Protoform, Avid, and Gravity Rc!
a800s sanwa m12s, EAM motors/batteries
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #120
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My EX (ex for other reasons) and I made a deal,Whatever I spent on RC she could spend on herself so If I wanted a new Kit she had no isuses with it, As for races (closest track was 2 hr away) we would go on Saturday and see some of the area sites or head to the coast and on Sunday she would take me to the track drop me off and head back to Hotel and get more sleep or go shoping and pick me up Later in the day after racing was done.
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote