How many has wife/girl that hates RC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many has wife/girl that hates RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

It boils down to a few important things..
Good comunication my wife and I talk about things we often compromise to get what we want you know give and take....
Dont get greedy be patient on certain things and BILLS always come first before any RC expendatures.
if you spend a day or night away then you had better make up for it especialy when you have kids remember family always comes first.....
the key word is BALANCE plain and simple.....
if you leave someone you love or they leave you because of a hobby racing toy cars then it's time to seriously consider seeing a shrink because your prioroities are not where they should be.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Why is this just about wives or girlfriends? Seaballs boyfriend use to care about him racing all the time, but then seaball said he'd leave him if he didnt respect his other pasion besides men.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Why is this just about wives or girlfriends? Seaballs boyfriend use to care about him racing all the time, but then seaball said he'd leave him if he didnt respect his other pasion besides men.
Sorry, I started this thread based on my sexual preferance....but why descriminate.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Related to all this...

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/b4wife/

As for me I don't race (yet) but I eff around with RC cars any chance I get and can't wait to get to a track once in a while. I say, can't wait, as there never seems to be any free time with 2 kids, 1 wife, a business, new house, and like 5 RC cars .

My wife thinks I'm stupid and RC cars are stupid but doesn't go beyond that. I say... I'm stupid fresh like my rides. Don't call them TOYS!! Toys come from Toys R Us and when you break them you throw them away.

When I saw that Oople article I linked above, I considered doing that, but I would hate to go through the trouble of building car and painting it with cute hearts and crap and have her go... you're retarded I don't want that, go away. Although, I think she may play with it eventually... keep reading.

I am in the process of creating a Vari-scale (36th-10th scale) rally and rock crawling track in the back-yard of our new house. My wife was soooo not down with it at first, but I just laughed... my house too, duh! You get the plants, I get the walkway, we compromise on layout. Then I saw Ripper777's beautiful backyard rock crawling/trail/track thing ---

http://ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/showthread.php?t=100

--- if you haven't seen this, you have to go over there right now. You will be blown away!! I showed it to my wife and she said, that's cool, I want that!! And I said, yeah, that's it, let's do it! So we are doing it. First version without water features, but will have a dry river bed and a mountain pass. Stay tuned...

Also, I take my 3.5 year old daughter to the track with me sometimes and she likes it. When we leave she's like... daddy, I want your car to be loud like that!!

Just my .02 hp
Old 03-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

For me it was simple. EX-girlfriend talked about understanding my passion and interest in R/C. Would talk about coming to the track to watch (for about 2 years) and never did. Was more interested in sitting at home witht he Beagle. Did I forget to mention she was my Ex ?

Current girlfriend - loves automotives. Used to be an asst. crew chief on a TZ250 factory supported road racing team. She found out I was into R/C racing when we first started dating and asked if she could come out and watch. Took her to Tamiya on a Saturday practice day and offered her to try driving. She did, I built her a TA05, and she has raced in three local parking lot races since then. I hear wedding bells in my future. Only worry is she keeps mentioning my 415MSX-MRE still sealed in the box as a great wedding gift from me to her.

Oh yeah, I have an old TA01 I added the Tamiya TA02 Off-Road truck tires to and a truck body for the ex. She tried it once. The current G/F is pushing me to put it back togehter for her and her 7 year old daughter to bash around in there front and back yard. Life IS good.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I got a good one. we are out at my brothers house and we are working on our cars and trucks for hours and hours. she says let's go and i say almost done (another 3 hours later) she comes back and starts bitchin at me so i tell fine i'll pack my stuff and we'll go. Well on her way out she kicks my pit box over and knocks all my tools down (did it on purpose). I was so pissed!!!!!!!. Finally when i cooled down i told her don't ever threaten my r/c stuff like that again, if you want throw something at my truck or take the window out that's fine. My poor r/c stuff.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default A woman's perspective

Hey Guys!
I was really glad to see this link, not that I'm glad some of you have wives or girlfriends that hate RC, but obviously its important enough to you guys to talk about it. Whether you want it or not, here's my take, from a female perspective.

I can't imagine a bigger RC widow then myself. Not only does Frank work 10-12 hours a day in the business, he holds races, goes to races and races on-line! In the beginning (10 years ago), I didn't much understand it, but over the years I have come to appreciate his perspective. From the start, I realized that this was part of him, not just a hobby. Probably the one thing that makes it OK with me, is if I am totally honest about mine and my family's needs. What I mean is that when I say, "I really need you here this weekend", its because I REALLY NEED HIM HERE! Not 'cause I'm lonely or there's a great movie coming out, its because I have deemed a situation "priority". He respects that and therefore I respect his needs to be racing.

Racing is a great time for women to get all that stuff done that we can't do with you guys under our feet. It's my time to shop, clean, talk on the phone, take bubble baths, and read without interruption. Away races (when I can go) are a great way to see some of this country or other countries. There is always another RC widow around to do things with (although I generally make better time on my own!) I know locally, some of the wives have an unofficial CRC widows club and have gotten together on club race night to watch certain tv shows or do things together, kind of a ladies night out. Lately, they are meeting their guys at a local pub after racing and making it a full night out for all.

I, personally, have never gotten into the hobby of rc. (too clutsy) Also, this is his thing. With the business end, I help when I can or am asked, but respect his space. After all, it was here long before I was. I am confident, however, when I truly need him here, he's here. And when the kids (now adults) need him here, he's here. I think that makes all the difference in the world.

Well, that's just my 2 cents. Good Luck with your ladies and your racing!
Mrs. CRC
Old 04-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Ellis
My ex-wife hated it! She's not with me anymore. My wife now is involved in almost every aspect of our racing program and I'm the luckiest guy on earth. She can do killer pit stops without hosing the car too! Gets a little grumpy at some of the expences buts tries to understand what their for.
I can second that! She was faster with the fuel bottle than I was when I was pitting for Dom hahaha.

-Korey
Old 04-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Mrs CRC that was well said.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Wow that must suck for all you guys.....

I Must have it made or somthing... My Girl friend races she has been racing for about 6 months and she is getting pretty damn good.infact she just won today....

The Best Part is ...

She said today that she can wait for the nitro season.....
Old 04-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

My girlfriend didn't understand it at first, but then she drove one of my cars and immediately wanted one, so now we have his/hers M03/M03L Mini coopers. The only thing that sux, is when i buy an upgrade for my M03, I have to get the same for her M03L, so to be fair when we race outside. But it's fun and she enjoys it and doesn't yell at me when I work on them or buy stuff for them. So I did ok I think.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hey guys nice topic. i wouldnt say my gf hates it, she just hates it taking time away from her or stuff like that. she likes that i have a hobby and likes watching me practice/race. she also likes spending money on me which cant be a bad thing.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Necro-Bump!
Here's a tip for free...while the cat's away; the mice do play! Keep playing with your little toys!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I spent a few minutes explaining to my new girlfriend that I would be busy for the next week and a half preparing for the nats.

Expecting "ISSUES" she calmly said "Yeah I know its fine its your passion"
I waited a few minutes to see if I would wake up and she said"

"Shouldnt you be working on your cars?"...So thinking it was a trick I did anyway..

Shes says she didnt want to get rid of me that night but im still not so sure...but who cares!!....win win...score...
Old 03-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

My wife hates it... but that is one of the reasons I like it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.