Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Record 104 mph Drag Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default Speed Record 104 mph Drag Car

Jim Shauer broke some records this weekend at RCX. He set the record for lowest ET! Pics and info here
Old 04-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b4maz
Jim Shauer broke some records this weekend at RCX. He set the record for lowest ET! Pics and info here
Yes his car is making alot of noise on the r/c drags web site. It's the Hottest news and most talked about at the moment.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

By the end of next year there will be more records broken in drag racing and some records broken by the end of this year...
Old 04-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

The fun just started with breaking records so look out for more record breaking runs, It doesn't stop there with Jim, Trust me theres alot of guys who are preping up to break new records. It's gonna be hot this year in drag racing!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Didn't George Esterer break the 100mph mark over a decade ago???
Old 04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Serzoni
Didn't George Esterer break the 100mph mark over a decade ago???
No one has ever ran over 100mph in 132feet. For speedruns yes theres been people break the 100mph mark including some drag racers in the past like Chris Collins, Steve Saik, In the mid 90's Steve Saik built Chris Collins 17 cell rail that ran a 1.64 E.T. and with the same rail on the speed run went 112.7mph that was the fastest ever recorded up until recent. But the 104mph is a record in the 132ft. Thats the r/c quarter mile. And as for Steve Saik he ran 107-108mph on a speed run too. Those were the guys who made the 100mph mark on the speed run with some other of there friends. Roy Anderson Went 98.8mph about a little over year ago on the 132ft. Those are the known guys to run hard numbers and Cliff Lett for his speed runs with his 96mph TC3 and his 111mph 10L pan car... And we all know about this years speed challenge at 134mph official world record and 160mph unofficial by the same person but two different cars.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I wonder what the diffs looked like in the TC3 after the 96 MPH run?

Loren
Old 04-04-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by llamont
I wonder what the diffs looked like in the TC3 after the 96 MPH run?

Loren
Metal out drives, The diffs were fine, I have them on my TC3s too. I ran my one of my Tc3s in 2003 with 12 cells and a hacker brushless set up and I went 71 mph at half track the diffs were fine. The diffs didn't get hurt do to the gearing , and with the metal outdrives you'll never have that problem and my TC3 was still climbing up on the mph after it ran by the radar gun.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trjracing
By the end of next year there will be more records broken in drag racing and some records broken by the end of this year...
trjracing can you give me some info on some clubs in the (NY) tri-state aera, or even some web sites.

Thanks..
Old 04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
trjracing can you give me some info on some clubs in the (NY) tri-state aera, or even some web sites.

Thanks..
web sites are rc drags.com ,rc rods. com, We normally announce when we are setting up in N.J. out on route 17 north and sometimes out on route 4 depending on the location. The guys normally set up the drag tree and run the 132ft. Speedpro1 has a tree and he sets up in N.J. sometimes and the other guys name is Richie he sets up out there too. There is guys who run out here in the bronx at gunhill road on saturdays and sundays onroad on the street at your own risk and on the dirt track off road. Alot of people show up there on a nice day. They street race there too. But the truggy and buggy scene is big there. But there are on road cars there too. The best thing you can do is check it out. I don't go out to F. Bennett in Brooklyn because its too far from me. Its a 45min drive form the bronx and I go to Jersey to run with the guys and its a 20 minute drive from my house normally when there isn't traffic. So check out the sites and the links from the sites and go on the forums there and ask. But speedpro1 would be the person to pm on the info when they going to set up in Jersey. You can pm him here on rc tech. TAKE CARE...