R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   ROAR FOR THE FUTURE (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/155466-roar-future.html)

Drew_Cat 03-22-2007 09:46 AM

ROAR FOR THE FUTURE

ORIGINAL POST:

ROAR FOR THE FUTURE

Originally Posted by jiml
At least you're civil about it you got to see the stuff I get from Chris! Wow.

Jim, if no one voice their opinion things will never get better. the past nats was one of the BEST nats ever, partly because ROAR was listening and made changes (eg. RMT). One of the changes I would like to see ROAR make is spending MORE money on advertising, getting the word out to more people.

Another issue is race coverage by the media, weather print or live. Hats off to LIVE RC. I'm a bonus member, not just because i wanted to see the race, but to help support the hobby in any way that i can. Too many people want change but are not taking the small steps to bring about it. That's putting your money where your mouth is.

Jim this not a response to bash you in no way, it's just to raise the awareness of the mass that wants a change.

Thanks...Best Regards

edseb 03-22-2007 10:42 AM

Coverage for races is in the Race Director's lap. Last ROAR events, there were no invites or press releases sent to the magazine, etc. Unlike the races Scotty does, there is no involvement with the media. Last ROAR Carpet Nats, I attended, the media was turned away to race, then allowed only one class after much discussion, then penalized and slapped a late entry fee, etc. Not a lot of motivation for editors to go to the race, especially when there are many other quality races where the media is welcomed. As you probably know, writers don't make a lot of money, and when they have to shell out a lot of their own money in order to just do their job and indirectly promote the race, there are only so many races that can be covered and only so much time. With IIC Vegas, Snowbirds, Reedy Race, Novak, etc., it's hard to do them all. I love to race and our magazine tries to cover the big ones, but when there is no communication and a lot of discouragement from attending, it's hard to get on a plane, do a ton of work and pay extra fees in order to- in essence- market a race with a multi-spread article. In any other industry, the value of the media is very important, with VIP access, etc. We're not asking for this, just the basics, and this doesn't even happen.

Drew_Cat 03-22-2007 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by edseb
Coverage for races is in the Race Director's lap. Last ROAR events, there were no invites or press releases sent to the magazine, etc. Unlike the races Scotty does, there is no involvement with he media. Last ROAR Carpet Nats, I attended, the media was turned away to race, then allowed only one class after much discussion, then penalized and slapped a late entry fee, etc. Not a lot of motivation for editors to go to the race, especially when there are many other quality races where the media is welcomed. I love to race and our magazine tries to cover the big ones, but when there is no communication and a lot of discouragement from attending, it's hard to get on a plane, do a ton of work and pay extra fees in order to- in essence- market a race with a multi-spread article. In any other industry, the value of the media is very important, with VIP access, etc. We're not asking for this, just the basics, and this doesn't even happen.

I hear Yah Edsed, if this is the case, a communication line "HAS" to be opned.
"EVERYONE" benifits from coverage period. Race Director, Magazines, and most of all the Racers.