R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Gil Losi Jr. Goes To Kyosho (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/155207-gil-losi-jr-goes-kyosho.html)

Tony Vega 03-20-2007 05:22 PM

Gil Losi Jr. Goes To Kyosho

Mar. 20, 2007 - Gil Losi, Jr., an icon in the RC business and co-founder of Team Losi™, is coming to Kyosho America. Beginning in April, Losi will join the Kyosho America team as R&D Director in an effort to better align Kyosho products with the US market.

Gil Losi Jr. brings a wealth of racing and design experience to Kyosho, which began back in 1982, when he won his second and third World Championships with the Kyosho Scorpion in the stock and modified classes. Even though Team Losi would eventually make their own 2WD car, Gil Jr. and the Losi team continued to run the Kyosho Optima Mid 4WD and Lazer racecars until they introduced a car of their own in the late 90s. Gil Jr. had some input on the design a couple cars for other companies before designing the JR-X2 - the first of many Losi designs, all of which benefited from his racing and design experience.

Commenting on his move to Kyosho America, Losi said, "I'm excited to get in on the ground level to help build Kyosho America, much like I did with Team Losi - it was the most challenging time for me, but also the most rewarding." He adds, "I'm also excited to be joining such a well-established international company that will help expose our ideas to the entire RC world."

Racing success is a common thread shared with Losi Jr. and Kyosho, which will be much of his focus at Kyosho America. The technology and innovation that come from a strong racing program will also benefit our other product lines. Committed to innovative competition products that engage dedicated enthusiasts, Kyosho is excited to welcome Gil Losi, Jr.

tbeardmore 03-20-2007 05:26 PM

WOW! That's huge! Congratulations Gil.. & Kyosho!

RandyB 03-20-2007 05:31 PM

:weird: :weird: what in the............

Looks like the begining of another american super team

PaintingRoly 03-20-2007 05:34 PM

:eek: :eek: On the day they announced the release of the JRXS Type R :eek: :eek:

MDawson 03-20-2007 05:37 PM

Congratulations to Jr. and Kyosho.

This is exciting news!

RandyB 03-20-2007 05:37 PM

guess the car will have to be delayed again so they can take JR out of the JRXS :smile:

Yub, yub, cmdr! 03-20-2007 05:38 PM

Woah, that's... stunning.

I think the first thing KYOSHO needs to do is:

BRING PARTS BACK TO TOWER!

RCSteve93 03-20-2007 05:42 PM

Why would he go to Kyosho, when he has his own company?

Francis M. 03-20-2007 05:44 PM

Congrats and Good luck to Gil JR. and Kyosho

RandyB 03-20-2007 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by RCSteve93

because they sold it to Horizon a few years back :cry:

Punched 03-20-2007 05:47 PM

Horizon Hobby has owned Team Losi for a few years now.

RCSteve93 03-20-2007 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Punched
Horizon Hobby has owned Team Losi for a few years now.

I know that, but didn't he still work for Losi/Horizon?

King of B Main 03-20-2007 05:54 PM

congratulation to kyosho and gil..can't wait to hear about what he is going to work on first..

Jason Swift 03-20-2007 05:58 PM

Wow, glad I am part of the team. Joel Johnson and Losi Jr. on the same team..... I feel big things coming. :nod: :tire:

RandyB 03-20-2007 06:02 PM

I know that, but didn't he still work for Losi/Horizon?

evidently no :rolleyes: