Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Call to all racers - donate your RC magazines to help our hobby. >

Call to all racers - donate your RC magazines to help our hobby.

Call to all racers - donate your RC magazines to help our hobby.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Call to all racers - donate your RC magazines to help our hobby.

Take your old RC magazines (RC Car Action, RC Driver, etc..) and give them to your local doctor's office, dentist office, or any other place that has a waiting area. My wife has dropped off piles of them to our dentist and doctor's office, and each time they were thrilled to receive them. I don't know about you, but most of the time, when I'm in a waiting room, all I usually find are magazines like, Woman's Day, Parenting, or People magazines. I don't think I'm the only man who struggles to find something good to read while waiting.

Most of the public doesn't realize that this RC hobby is so in depth. Browsing through the magazines in just a few minutes will change their perspective quickly. Additionally, many of the magazines have the track directories listed in the back. I think if we saturate many of the waiting rooms with RC magazines, it would only help. So if you have a stack of RC magazines collecting dust, put them to work by donating them.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've always to race next to a proctologist... not
Old 03-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I go one further. A very good freind of mine is a 4th grade teacher.

She takes them to work and has the kids use the pictures for colages and have them read an article for english. I figure you indoctrinate them with it now, they will harass their parents to get them a RC soon.

But I might have to start throwing a few down at the local VA clinic I go to. They have some stupid magazines there. It might lift the mood there..LOL

Great Idea. Get some more peeps in the hobby can only be a good thing.

-Shookie <><
Old 03-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

James you are thinking!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

This is actually a good idea, hopefully one day I go to a doctors office I can finally read some material that interest me
Old 03-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This is funny. My wife just suggested this same thing to me yesterday. I've got stacks of magazines in the garage and most of my family works for Kaiser. I'm going to start giving them to my mom and wife to take to some of the clinics and put in waiting rooms. XRC may not be a good idea for the pediatric clinics though.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
XRC may not be a good idea for the pediatric clinics though.
Yeah, I agree
Old 03-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

t make sure you remove your Name and Address off the cover.....You already get enough junk mail...LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 03-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Don't forget the barber shop!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

how about car repair shops that have waiting rooms? plenty of guys there waiting to pick up their cars. give them something to read and maybe attract more hobbyists/racers into the industry
Old 03-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James35
Take your old RC magazines (RC Car Action, RC Driver, etc..) and give them to your local doctor's office, dentist office, or any other place that has a waiting area. My wife has dropped off piles of them to our dentist and doctor's office, and each time they were thrilled to receive them. I don't know about you, but most of the time, when I'm in a waiting room, all I usually find are magazines like, Woman's Day, Parenting, or People magazines. I don't think I'm the only man who struggles to find something good to read while waiting.

Most of the public doesn't realize that this RC hobby is so in depth. Browsing through the magazines in just a few minutes will change their perspective quickly. Additionally, many of the magazines have the track directories listed in the back. I think if we saturate many of the waiting rooms with RC magazines, it would only help. So if you have a stack of RC magazines collecting dust, put them to work by donating them.
Great Idea. Another great place is the gym, car washes and coffee shops.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

how about massage parlors....
Old 03-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I used to take them to my nephews school to the library , they were happy to get them, but not sure anymore w/ some of the pics in them. Guess you'd have to check and see., but "back in the day" this was a good way to get new kids into the hobby.
Also for several years i had a gift sub. sent to the school in my nephews name and he was the first one to get to check it out every month then it was put out for everyone else, this made him feel very cool as he was the first in school to read it.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Good idea I remember when I first learned about RC racing when I was looking at an article about it in "Boy's Life" magazine during a magazine drive at elementary school, I took it home and started saving for that first RC10
Old 06-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hebiki
how about car repair shops that have waiting rooms? plenty of guys there waiting to pick up their cars. give them something to read and maybe attract more hobbyists/racers into the industry
That's a great idea as well. I think I'll include a couple of car repair shops when I donate my next batch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.