R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2007, 07:00 AM   #1
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Jaco Rim mold problem?

good morning,

Just wondering if anyone else out there is having the same problem with a lot of the jaco rims lately. They are the one stage solid rims, 28mm. The problem i was having (and this was confirmed on various other truers) is that in the hex of the jack rim it is not machined perfectly flat. I first thought I had a bad rim, then another, and another and another... then I thought it was my tire truer... same results on other truers. the rims did not fit squarely and securely on the arbor and wobbled. Then i looked at one of the rims that i was using for practice. On ths inside of the rim, i saw a O inside the hex, showing a higher level of plastic.

I took my t/c arbor, put it on the lathe, removed the pressure plate/thumbscrew, then turned my lathe on, then took a dremel with a grinding bit on it, and worked at the center of the arbor to create a little dimple. This will take up the slack of the O found on the inner of the jaco rim... That seemed to have done the trick, and using the same arbor the tires are fine and even now.

Has anyone else has this problem?
MManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yes, I'm having the same problem also!!!!!
Cooper Motorsports, Team Trinity, T-Rex Racing, GFRP, MSA, VBC Racing, Track Attack, Tekin and Frost-bite Graphics
Budman is offline   Reply With Quote