Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin Redline Brushless Motors

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
We're 2 weeks out on the stickers, and about a week and a half out on the cases.

Manuals arrived today!!

Ty,

Great, could you get some more info on the motors up on the Tekin website, its a bit empty at the moment...

Also, I presume that the release of the R1 ESC's would have to be fairly close. After all we need something to drive these motors.

Thanks

Pete

Last edited by PeteB; 04-08-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PeteB
Thanks for the input Ty and Eddie,

What exactly is Delta winding and how does it differ from "regular" windings?

Can anyone describe what Deta winding is?
Old 04-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PeteB
Can anyone describe what Deta winding is?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&highlight=wye
Post 22
Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Team Tekin

Both have advantages and disadvantages, but a good motor can be built with either.

Good info with data is in this link Ron knows his stuff and airplane guys are very good with their testing. Conclusion is that a good motor can be built with either wind type.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=delta+vs+wye

The data in the link posted above this one is a little misleading since they put a delta wind in their motor which it appears it does not work well in. With a good design there is no rpm lag or low effeciency. We have put many motors on the dyno and found very different results. Ineffeciency means heat and it is no secret that all the 3 slot wye wound motors that are currently Roar legal overheat and thermal shutdown. Heat is king and does not lie.

In short for a delta draw a triangle and each line is a motor winding, each corner is a motor wire.

Now draw a Y and again each line is amotor winding and each end is a motor wire. The center point is floating and not connected to the controller.

In a delta the power passes thru one winding. In a Wye the power passes thru 2 windings. In the same design a Y should have lower kv and the delta should draw more current.

However there are many other factors involved. An example is the Novak motors which are wye wound and yet have higher KV than the delta winds offered by other companies. They have adusted the design to have lots of rpm and little torque on the top end.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 04-09-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

any updates on when we can expect them on the shelves?

Last edited by PeteB; 05-11-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Soooo close I can taste em!

Heres a pic of the protos we are running right now....they rock!
Attached Thumbnails Tekin Redline Brushless Motors-motproto-lineup1.jpg  
Old 05-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Cant wait!

Last edited by PeteB; 05-11-2007 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man they look good!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Team Tekin

I agree totally. Hindsight is always 20/20. Do you suppose they will give us our money back for the all the optimistic advertising?

Don’t kid yourself, this is more important to us than anyone. You are just annoyed, I am pissed off and pay for it everyday financially and emotionally with every post, email and phone call. Do you have the nuts to write a check for thousands motors with expectations this high? We want to make sure they are right and that all of them are of the same quality. Would you rather we just offer another color of an existing motor?

I swore I was not going to address anymore jabs, but we just showed you the actual motors and you are raining on our parade. It is a public forum. Take jabs if you must, but try and remember this is business long term and we do not make decisions based on short term impatience or to combat a few negative public opinions.

I suppose in crisis we could whore out the Tekin name and sell junk to recover our investment. Those who know us will tell you that is simply not going to happen. Rest assured that we are not going to run out of energy or money anytime soon. We just built a brand new building with a full size carpet track inside and full size offroad track coming outside. We are just getting started. Maybe having an engineer in charge is a disadvantage for expedience, but when everyone is happy with the products we expect everyone will forgive and forget.

How about a free hat?

Tekin Prez
Old 05-10-2007, 09:33 PM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
How about a free hat?

Tekin Prez
Thanks but I already have this dope hat and motor! Just playin' Jim!

You guys gonna be making your way out here for the Reedy Race in a few weeks...?
Attached Thumbnails Tekin Redline Brushless Motors-hat.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Weiss; 05-10-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Tekin, we're pulling for you.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Thanks but I already have this dope hat and motor!

You guys gonna be making your way out here for the Reedy Race in a few weeks...?
Dude, that is a "dope" hat,
Old 05-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Motors can wait but if the ESC slips past June I'll have to buy it next season. Gotta remember us poor guys up North don't have much time before the season is done.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Team Tekin

Looking forward to hanging at the major races and watching the action, but right now we really do have to get these products out the door. Might even get that kid to drop a car and see if he drives as well as he talks smack... which he does.

I have one of those motors too. Works pretty dern good… Nice job slipping in a plug, but I still like ya! This is going to be fun. No wait a minute this is work!

Hate to set myself up for abuse, but the esc’s should be out this month. The product is done, we just have to finish putting them together.

Tekin Prez
Old 05-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Oh, hey, now you've done it. A month from now, internet goons like that adamge guy could be calling you liars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.