R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #481
Tech Regular

Thanks.

Scotty I sent you a email to [email protected] and still get a return error. I will try and contact you again.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #482
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofcash
They did announce the reg time a month or so ago which should have given you plenty of time to make arrangements to get signed up. I had to use a vacation day to make sure I could get in. I'm excited as this will be my first big race.
Well you took a vacation day to sign up for this race.. Wow, I guess Burger King is pretty lax about time off.. If I took a day off it would cost me 175 bucks.. 300 for entry and 175 for time missed from work.. Wow 500 dollar entry fee.. And you better stop missing work.. Read your screen name.."Outofcash" LOL Just wish the race directors would have known how many spots were avab. before entry opened at noon!!?? Maybe next year Ill start a company and give 10 grand to be the title sponsor so I can reserve 20 spots for me and my close friends.. Then when i find out whos not going ill wait a few days to tell the race director or just leave them empty.. Guess I need a week vacation now to sit next to my computer waiting for an open spot..
Old 05-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #483
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Clark
Well you took a vacation day to sign up for this race.. Wow, I guess Burger King is pretty lax about time off.. If I took a day off it would cost me 175 bucks.. 300 for entry and 175 for time missed from work.. Wow 500 dollar entry fee.. And you better stop missing work.. Read your screen name.."Outofcash" LOL Just wish the race directors would have known how many spots were avab. before entry opened at noon!!?? Maybe next year Ill start a company and give 10 grand to be the title sponsor so I can reserve 20 spots for me and my close friends.. Then when i find out whos not going ill wait a few days to tell the race director or just leave them empty.. Guess I need a week vacation now to sit next to my computer waiting for an open spot..
His screenname is a joke and no he does not work at BK. They did know how many were available, just reserved some spots for the teams that are yearly sponsers, so it makes sense to me at least.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:26 AM   #484
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
His screenname is a joke and no he does not work at BK. They did know how many were available, just reserved some spots for the teams that are yearly sponsers, so it makes sense to me at least.
But if you could read the posts made there were spots held for guys who signed up on there own... How does this make any sense to you?
Old 05-16-2007, 09:31 AM   #485
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

number 3 with no pickles
Old 05-16-2007, 09:31 AM   #486
Tech Master

No pickles? Com'on Jeff.
Team Driver For:
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Schumacher USA[/COLOR]
e[COLOR="DarkOrange"]X[COLOR="Black"]press Motorsports[/COLOR][/COLOR] "You've Been Tagged!!"
John's [COLOR="Red"]BSR [COLOR="Black"]Racing Tires[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]MW [/FONT][/COLOR]Designs
TXD Skin Graphix "Skin 2 Win!!"
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Final Thoughts Racing[/COLOR]
Static_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:33 AM   #487
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I bet you want a Mellow Yellow with that Jeff

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #488
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

Quote:
But if you could read the posts made there were spots held for guys who signed up on there own... How does this make any sense to you?
Pat - We started talking about this race months ago and I personally signed up 3 people other then myself. We made sure that we could get in. I gathered entry money and info and did the entries.

Look up the 7 P's
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #489
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Essnowyt

Pat Clark - I imagine your complaining about only 15-20 seats for sponsors. For an event of this size to sell out in about 4 hours that is foolish. First come, first serve means just that.

I am sure the organizers will take all the comments about entry time into consideration for future events.

Snowy.

Drive it, Dont slide it!
Essnowyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #490
Tech Master

fresher that way and yes mello yello. sent you a email scotty
Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #491
Tech Elite

Quote:
If spots were saved for Team Drivers such as Jeff, I guess there is a communication issue between the drivers and the team manager as to who signs them up. If Jeff's sponsor was signing him up, they should have told him that so he did not do it on his own. That would not be the fault of Scotty but the team manager not communicating what his/her intentions was/were. If you are on a major team you should not have to worry about signing yourself up imo. I don't see Toso or Baker in here saying anything about it, their teams are taking care of it. Does it make sense now?
Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #492
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
If spots were saved for Team Drivers such as Jeff, I guess there is a communication issue between the drivers and the team manager as to who signs them up. If Jeff's sponsor was signing him up, they should have told him that so he did not do it on his own. That would not be the fault of Scotty but the team manager not communicating what his/her intentions was/were. If you are on a major team you should not have to worry about signing yourself up imo. I don't see Toso or Baker in here saying anything about it, their teams are taking care of it. Does it make sense now?

So I guess this race is for guys with full factory rides?? Oh makes much more sense now.. Thank you for your input..
Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #493
Tech Elite

Quote:
So I guess this race is for guys with full factory rides?? Oh makes much more sense now.. Thank you for your input..
This is my 3rd year and I am in no way a factory driver by any means. So your statement is not true. I was just explaining the reserved spots for factory drivers, there are plenty of non sponsered drivers at this race, trust me on that.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #494
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

didnt we just see all of this for the reedy race??? except it was a mail in affair loleven if you dont get in, i have watched last 2 years in a row great event
i am cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:44 AM   #495

Quote:
Well you took a vacation day to sign up for this race.. Wow, I guess Burger King is pretty lax about time off.. If I took a day off it would cost me 175 bucks.. 300 for entry and 175 for time missed from work.. Wow 500 dollar entry fee.. And you better stop missing work.. Read your screen name.."Outofcash" LOL Just wish the race directors would have known how many spots were avab. before entry opened at noon!!?? Maybe next year Ill start a company and give 10 grand to be the title sponsor so I can reserve 20 spots for me and my close friends..
So what your saying is you work a job that gives you no time off, and no vacation or personal days to use? I suggest finding a new job then...sounds like yours blows.

Team Brood is a major sponsor of the race, and we still had to pay our own way and sign up with the rest of you. Garrett didn't even get in because our internet went down while we were signing up...and we'll be running a booth down there.

While the racers are important, without major sponsorship this race wouldn't be nearly as nice as it always is. How about we show a little more appreciation for the hard work Scotty and Boomer are doing instead of finding reasons to bitch.

This is the Superbowl of RC afterall, it's going to operate very much the same way.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote