R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default TC4 Braking Parts

I have a TC4 Team Kit...I have raced it twice.. I am not a very good driver yet.. so I do get hit and hit the wall.... BUT even if i just touch the wall on the side of the car something BRAKES....... I have yet to make more than 3 laps with this car without anything braking..... any suggestion...should I upgrade the A-arms and Wheel Hubs to something else or do yall have any suggestions.....(beside learn to drive LOL)
wareagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane

Put a Brembo BRAKE on it and maybe that will help
"the big secret is to keep practicing and never get discouraged when taking a good beating on the track" - Paul L
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I went through the same thing with my xray, the best solution was to put a slower motor in until I was able to control the car, AND get a stable setup on the car one that doesn't steer too fast and isn't loose. You can also turn down your dual rate and/or exponential (rate of steering) so the car isn't so darty.
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #4
Tech Addict

First any car will break if you hit stuff and with the way high end cars are made nowadays with light ridged parts they seem to break easy.
here are a few tips stay away from graphite arms and suspension parts for now they are very ridged and dont flex much and seem to beak easier. I started my carpet racing with a TC3 and found that in the beginning that the reg plastic arms are a bit more flexible and to be honest cheaper.
I can assume you racing stock if your radio allows you to do so turn back your dual rate on your steering and see if that helps in a lot of cases you over steer the car in the beginning and it causes you to turn in to early and bam.....
second you could adjust your throttle so it is not as punchy you could even go as far as turning down the EPA so you dont get full throttle you would be amazed at how this helps.
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and do not pay attention to lap times etc
And most important HAVE FUN..
Jmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I run mine in mod and rarely break anything at all. I have to hit something pretty hard to break anything, its a tank!
Practice, practice and more practice.
Shayne Mostyn

Meakin Park Model Raceway, the best club in SEQ

I am no longer racing. Now I plan to bash around on a larger scale.
smostyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

i have truned down the throttle and the steering resopnce but even a small hit from the wall or another car it brakes..if anyone has some setups from there own experence plse send them to me at War_Eagle696@yahoo.com

thanks again
wareagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

I'm a noobie to racing too, along with my son. At first we broke so many c-hubs and front a-arms.

The one really good solution I found was putting a Parma Ultimate bumper on it.

I hadn't broken front end parts in a few months until club racing yesterday. I was running great for two thirds of the second and third qualifiers when I broke the same right c-hub after BRUSHING the wall. After the B-Main, I noticed that side of the bumper was cracked, so offered no protection at all yesterday. I'll be replacing that this week.
Tim Morley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

a P-Dub or Parma bumper helps protect the front components fairly well... that being said any crashing at speeds or at the right angle will break the cars...

best thing to do is practice more, gear yourself more conservatively so the car just cant go that fast and drive in the middle of lanes...
Associated // Reedy // Radiopost // XP Digital // Parma PSE // Integy
AM03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #9
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Morley

The one really good solution I found was putting a Parma Ultimate bumper on it.
This is without a doubt the #1 hop-up everyone should be running on there race cars. Parma/pdub/homemade it dont matter what but the stock front bumper on all cars is a joke and perhaps intended to boost part sales... Also look at Buds BRP TC3 front bump, you can also cut one out of kydex....

Breaking is a result of hitting... I wont run any of my cars without proper front end protection..
"Without Rules its just Backyard Bashing!"
Joel Lagace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #10
Tech Initiate

the local track in my arear is open sun up to 10 or when the lights go off. so the few times I went out there. I broke a few rear hubs. I went to a inexpensive $26 19T method R motor timing still at 0. I also cut out my windsheild and part of the rear bumper which may take away from acceloration and cool the electronics since I swap battery packs and head back out. My TC4 rtr came toed out I did a basic set up with 2 degree camber all 4 wheels and toed in the front just a hair bit. The toe made a big diff in turn in. It had less but easier for me to control and easier to go strait at the end of the long strait. I also limited the wheel travel to half the full travel.
Jaysun is offline   Reply With Quote