Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should Pro Drivers Be Racing In Stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If anything the factory guys should be permitted and encouraged to run stock....as long as all the items used in stock racing are production and available for purchase for the average joe racer.

No limited production cars,parts or equipment. Basically if you can walk into a hobby shop at least 2 months prior to the race and buy it then it is legal and encouraged.

I think that people lose sight that the national/international events are opportunities for suppliers and manufacturers to showcase products.

It is the old saying win on sunday sell on monday.

Keep in mind Toyota's Formula One program has the biggest budget in the entire field...around 300 million dollars!! and guess what they are still slow. Just to show you no matter how hard you try you can't buy speed/performance.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by senna555
If anything the factory guys should be permitted and encouraged to run stock....as long as all the items used in stock racing are production and available for purchase for the average joe racer.

This, and an invitational stock race for factory pro drivers? I can hardly believe what I am seeing and reading lately
Old 03-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

can someone lock this thread, as I have no self control to stop looking at it..lol
Old 03-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
This, and an invitational stock race for factory pro drivers? I can hardly believe what I am seeing and reading lately
What? Are you new to the internet? When has it ever been a good idea to believe anything you see on the web?!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Our idea for the race was this.

The Gate always has a Grand Finale race in April and in the past our mod turn out was light. We figured it would be nice to have some of the mod drivers race stock against the stock hot shots in the invite class. We made the classes separate invite and open. The Invite are the best of the best from this year and the open is to give others a chance to be in the lime light and get some recognition for doing well. If the mod drivers don't want to come it is ok because it will still separate the guys who do well in stock all the time and the guys who deserve a chance to do well. It is bascially the same a factory 19t at the Novak race last year only we are running stock motors.

Another thing is the race is a way to market to the public who sells the best equipment for stock. If a Corally car wins then it will be looked at as that is the best car for stock. All the best racers were racing and that car won. Same for batteries and other things.

Paul
Old 03-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by convikt
can someone lock this thread, as I have no self control to stop looking at it..lol
Ah that's funny. Shall I rephrase it for you??

"This, and an invitational stock race for factory pro drivers? I very surprised at this attitude and can hardly believe the direction TC racing is taking."
Old 03-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I am sure they will let you guys run the TC-5
Mo
Old 03-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Rick,

Perhaps the bigger issue is that modified has become way to fast and no one runs it at the club level or can relate to the speed....not much fun running modified on 75x35 track with 4 foot lanes.

People run stock and relate to stock at the club level.

Sedan modified is the new pan car class. Cool to watch but no one wants to run it. I run alot in the northeast and I cant remember the last time I saw a full heat of modified anything. At least 5 years.

But the whole slowing cars down it just hopeless...(see prior pointless and endless debates on rctech)everyone thinks they are Masami not some skull smashing into the wall over and over with a 7turn...or sometimes a 19turn.

Jamie
Old 03-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rick,

Perhaps the bigger issue is that modified has become way to fast and no one runs it at the club level or can relate to the speed....not much fun running modified on 75x35 track with 4 foot lanes.

People run stock and relate to stock at the club level.

Sedan modified is the new pan car class. Cool to watch but no one wants to run it. I run alot in the northeast and I cant remember the last time I saw a full heat of modified anything. At least 5 years.

But the whole slowing cars down it just hopeless...(see prior pointless and endless debates on rctech)everyone thinks they are Masami not some skull smashing into the wall over and over with a 7turn...or sometimes a 19turn.

Jamie
Dude it let go
Old 03-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I just dont get it.

Complain Complain.

Your slow because you suck...you dont win because you suck....you cant make top 30 at a nationals because you suck....it is that simple.

I just dont get why people have such a hard time accepting this.

I have raced club raced with top guys over the years (Dumas, Smyka and now Langlois and Strasnick) Equipment doesnt matter it is only a small part of a total package...like 10%. I have used their cars,batteries etc. The equipment is not making the difference. If you can run .1-.2 in laps times against them then it may be the batteries and motor etc other than that it is YOU!

Your slow because you lack the skill and knowledge to go faster or drive faster.

It is not rocket science. Lots of practice equals results. The other drivers in the class and the equipment are not the problem..it is you. Look at a guy like Jarrod Langlois...he put in a ton of hours and guess what he won the stock nats.

You know what they say...the first part to solving the problem is admitting you have one.

Repeat....I am slow because I suck....accept it and move on.

Jamie
who gives a crap who runs what, just race and have fun
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

i thought one of the cool things about our hobby is that we do get to run with the "pros" or other people that are top in the nation at the same place

personally i kinda suck and i know it, but my club track in the winter has much of the top talent in the nation under one roof, cuffs, schreffler, 2007 snowbirds champ fairtrace, not unusual to see blackstock chad phillips, even a dayger or langrois, smyka, craig x, for some of the bigger events many of the guys there make the A at many of the big races vegas, birds, cleveland
etc. you get the idea

so i was on the stand with blackstock practicing, where are you going to go play golf and be next to Tiger, or in the batting cage next to McGuire . . .NEVER

i like to say i was 23 laps of the stock pace this week and next week i will try and be 22 . . .i know how much i suck compared to the tops drivers in the nation

i dont think at a national race someone who started racing last week and has $$$ to travel should win the birds, vegas etc

i also think some of the problem lies with the big promoters as none of them run a ROAR event but run a loose set of ROAR rules to fit their needs
Old 03-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't listen to Howart, he's a A-main Factory driver!

It's sad that instead of wanting to beat the top drivers, that some people want to kick them out of a class so that up and comers have a chance to win. How would they be an up and coming fast driver if they are not racing the fast guys I don't know.

I though it was bad enough that at most races the top three in lower mains would get trophies while better drivers from 4th to 10th in the higher mains above them wouldn't. But now some are suggesting to take out the fastest drivers to begin with so that only the lesser skilled/experienced drivers get trophies. Woohoo! Thats some good racing!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrubb
How would they be an up and coming fast driver if they are not racing the fast guys I don't know.
Couldn't you say the same of the Pros in the Stock class? Shouldn't they be racing the fast guys in mod to get better?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stock 4wd sedan for pros is a joke. If you are good enough to get 4 or 5 sponsors to fill up your sig. I would think that you are sandbagging.

I'm just glad that this is not an issue with Nitro racing. lol
Old 03-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chicky03
Our idea for the race was this...........

Paul
Sounds like a bunch of fun and laughs!! I'll do my best to make it Paul.

Maybe Rick is just worried about the phone call he's going to get at Peak if some stock guy beats a Peak driver " Hi Rick, I know you never heard of me but I beat your driver. Can I get a full ride sponsorship"????
We all know "those" guys are out there and make that call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.