R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #46
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Look, NO ONE is complaining about the team driver thing, I might have spoken wrong in my first post but I was about sleeping as I did so. This forum is about rules for the release of new cells. If you want to continue to bash me and others about the stupid team stuff then open a new thread please!

The subject of this forum is sanctioning some rules about the release of new cells! I am looking out for the racers that are just getting into the hobby and some that cannot spend the cash when they want to attend a race! And obviously the new rules will allow this twice a year wich is crazy!! Eddie0 makes a perfect point about how joe blow will always want the better and faster stuff, but in RACING there are rules for reasons.. Ive been at the top level in stock beating people like Chuck Lonergan, Terry Rott etc.. and in Mod Ive beatin Paul Lemiuex, Walt Henderson and Josh Cyrul of course at the club level and not a big race yet, ask them they will tell you!. I seem to have problems when the larger voltage cells come out, I have to totally reconfigure my speedo and motors, add like 50 fans etc to make it so my mod will not unsolder or blow a wind! Just by the time I can figure out something to match the cells that are out they come out with something new.. I suppose that when Lipo's become the norm then it might be a little closer? Maybe we should just not care huh? I would like to see, especially for stock, some sort of spec limitations. and I dont mean some bunk low voltage cells. The cells should be held for atleast 1 if not 2 years and this would allow people to adapt!!

I also want to express that when I ran a store bought mod and ripped it at the track it was ok, but when I got some Deter stuff from my boy Lemiuex I was able to rip faster than him even? So I have come to the conclusion that its more or less the motor builder than the batteries! None of the top 15-20 mod drivers would ever rip on a store bought mod mote!! I hope Im not taking this off topic too much myself

www.rcamerica.com - www.teamxray.com - www.powerpushbatteries.com - www.fantomracing.com - www.kimbrough-products.com - www.diggitydesigns.com
Diggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #47
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

This is all pretty entertaining if you ask me.

And whoever is trying to say Trav hasn't proven himself to be an awesome driver....you're an idiot...sorry for the bad news.

I do hope he moves up to mod next year just because of the fact that he can race with those guys and be competitive. It'd be cool to see another highly successful stock racer duke it out with the best in mod like Bobby, Ray, and Dayger have. It's certainly not because I don't want the competition. Making the A at a national event is awesome, but the sheer prestige of doing that is greatly dependent on who you were up against. This is why Cleveland is still one of the most prestigious wins to have because of the level of competition there.

Back to the point:
You can buy packs off the shelf JUST AS GOOD as the packs nearly ANY team driver gets in stock. That's all there is to say.
USVTA Member #211
Yokomo BD7 (Mod TC), Corally Phi '07 (VTA)

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
This thread sounds to me like someone got their butt kicked at the carpet nats And the only reason why they didn't do good was they didn't get those special batts that only the pros get... I mean what other reason could there be for not making the A?

Well if this was intended for me than you couldnt be but more than wrong bud.. I didnt go the Nats this year, and how does someone get there butt kicked? I thought it was just that a person didnt do so good? Whats up with the bashing, do you guys ever discuss stuff on RCTech??
www.rcamerica.com - www.teamxray.com - www.powerpushbatteries.com - www.fantomracing.com - www.kimbrough-products.com - www.diggitydesigns.com
Diggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #49
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #50
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Cherry, are you an idiot all the time?

Go look at the snowbirds results in 19t.....while not modified, he BEAT all the pro drivers....Hara, Toso, Dumas, Baker, Groskamp......all who had the same if not BETTER equipment.

Or you gonna sit there and tell me SMC gives me better packs for trav than Paul Lemiuex gets?

And AGAIN.....read the challenge cherry, you come up....I will give Trav a hobby shop SMC pack, you get his team packs....he will run circles around you....the top guys are the top guys for a reason, cause they are fast. At the national level, everyone has top equipment....

I have never said equipment doesn't matter, what I am saying is ludicrious to say a guy like trav or peter or even scotty down there would struggle if they didn't have team stuff....they have team stuff for a reason.....they were FAST enough to earn it.

Last I checked too cherry, didn't he make you look dumb at the summer sizzler in modified?

Later EddieO
I guess that's why in my redneck of the woods, so many are moving to lipo! Eddie, would handout batts motors and tires at all the big races help to equalize things? OOPs, wrong quote
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #51
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to |<R1Z |>

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

See..... all this talk has got my man agitated. I dont like the way you're talking to my man.... I don't like your tone.
|<R1Z |> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #52
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Joe Dirt.
Goggles Paesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

I can assure you all...the difference between the best and worst cells and the differences between batches are the least they have ever been since I can remember. There are no date codes that are so good it is like running a different cell. No huge differences between our #1 pack and the "spares" we bring to the races. (In fact, every race Drew Ellis has won in the past year has been won with our spare packs.) We have literally had drivers come back from a race and lament the fact that the hobby shop packs had better numbers than what they had to race. Oh well. We're in business to sell good packs, not give them all away. We only pick race team cells right before the race to be sure they stay fresh. Every other day of the year we sell EVERYTHING. Even the best we have.
There will always be those who feel that they are getting beaten by batteries. Nothing I can say will change that. However, the truth is, the best guys always win because they are the hardest working, best drivers. Period. Go to a race and watch them if you don't believe me. Mad skills.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Next time on Reality Internet...

Will Digs and Eddie make up? Will Fairtrace find his voice again.. Can Stephen go green enough? Find out this and more on the next installment of "Esta Noche de caliente!"
Mason McCombs
NewRed Hobbies & Indoor Facility
Off-Road, Dirt Oval, Crawlers & Pullers
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:52 AM   #55
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Orion Lipo Packs

If roar would approve Orion/Peak Lipo packs, then most of these issues would be non-existant. Everyone has the same packs, weight, punch, power, etc. They have much more run times, and are much easier to take care of and maintain than 6 cell packs, and evens out the playing field much more than current cell set ups.
Yohan Hayyim [Associated RC10B4.1]

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote