R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-26-2003, 06:31 PM   #16
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default TC3s

Both the Factory and Team kit are excellent choices. If you don't have the extra $$ to spare the Team is perfect.

You just miss out on the graphite....but you can get a graphite chassis later or may want to upgrade to a carbon fiber chassis later.

Parts availability is usually excellent at LHS and local tracks...I know I try to support the LHS/Tracks because without them there would be nowhere to race.

Nexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:58 PM   #17
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Re: ok but what tc3 kit is best

Originally posted by OVA
Hey Dude TC3 is a good car but they're behind time( the dam car needs more turnabilty) like other SD car. I know team associated is working on new things for the TC3)

Tell me about it but the broken A-arms and other small things were nickle and dime'n me to death thats why I sold my TC-3..

Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ ȻT4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
DȻ4-LE ◊ 12R5.2+RDS
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 01:19 AM   #18
Tech Elite
Default Re: what kinda price tag is on the R2??

Originally posted by racerb
so basically what I am saying is the ONLY reasons the I am looking at the TC3 is because my LHS carries ALOT of parts for it and because I can pick a racer kits for like $250 or so...
This is a very, VERY good reason.

How is the Team kit priced where you live? And the FT?

Do have in mind, that those A-arms tends to break easy.

One thing I dont like about the FT, is the alu battery bar. Because of the tight space on the chassis, good quality connectors easily can dead-short on the alu battery bar.

The racer seems nice. But my experience with composite shocks aint the best. They are hard working and they need a rebuild from time to time. And alu shocks simply last better. But that could be an upgrade later on, just considering prices.

These choises can be hard. I'm a kind of budget guy, but I've also experienced this: Buy cheap and cry a lot. Buy expensive and you only cry once.

The included tires, do they perform well on your track? Otherwise, try and trade them for proper ones in the LHS.
Schumacher Mi5 - Sanwa MT-4 / RX-462 / KO Propo PDS-2123 - Nosram 5600 X-treme Saddle Pack - LRP SPX Zero/X12 17,5 - Nosram Stealth Touch Evolution - MAAS SPS 9250
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 05:43 AM   #19
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

If the TC3 and XXX-S are your only two choices, then I would say go with the TC3. Either the Team or the Factory. The team can always be upgraded later down the road. The other car menitoned are very good cars but are pricey even here in the U.S.

CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote