Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting a New Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Getting a New Car

Well basically i'm looking to get a new car and need some help. I usually run on asphalt but I also ocassionally go on carpet to. But most of the time it's asphalt. Now the choices I have came up with are the Team Losi JRX-S Type R, X-Ray T2 007 Eu, Hot Bodies Cyclone (because of the awesome price for 200 dollars on stormer hobbies). I really like the Losi because it is very Lipo friendly and with the battery being in the middle it has no effect of the handling like the other cars because Lipo's are super light. The con's of it would have to be it pretty much comes as a carpet racer and I would have to wait till at least the end of march for it to come out. I like the X-Ray because of the quality and it's set up for the kind of surface I am on the most. However I am a little scared about the whole Lipo thing because I don't wanna mess the car up with not enough weight on the battery side thus unbalancing the chassis. Would this be that much of a difference or am I just paranoid? I know I can put weights on it but that's just a pain kind of. Now onto the cyclone the main reason it's one of my choices is because of the price. Anyonelse know some pro's and con's of the car?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by atown117
Anyonelse know some pro's and con's of the car?
You can always attach the wieght to the battery itself so when you remove the wieght goes as well.

Adding weight to your car to balance it out will not negatively effect your chassis.

Now when your looking for a new chassis some major thing to consider:
• Availability of parts
• Cost of parts
• Is the chassis competative in your area
Old 03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Cyclone is a proven winning chassis and since it's an HPI, parts should be easy to get locally or EVERY online shop will have them. Xray is a little more hit or miss...at least locally here.