R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Angry Need Help!! Hpi Sprint

Okay, So Hopefully i don't sound like an idiot to anybody but i'm new to this Electric world. I've dealt more with the Nitro 4wd trucks, but anyways, I bought a Hpi Sprint rolling chassis and put a Mamba Max Set up on it [5700Kv]. I'm having problems with the back belt, by the time i run thru the battery pack and take the body off the belt is shown threads, it looks to be worn from the outside-in, the teeth are fine. i can't seem to figure out whats causing this!! Some body please tell me i'm being stupid and over look'n something or i'm going about something totally wrong. A Little Advice would be greatly Appreciated!!
SArehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #2
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

couple things, first make sure there are no tiny pebbles in your pulleys, then check the belt tension make sure it's not to tight or loose.
sinisterRC - High Performance R/C
sinisterRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 AM   #3
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used to race a Pro 2 which I believe this car is loosely based upon. I went through many belts before realising what the problem was. For me it was a problem with the tension of the belt. If the sprint is anything like the Pro 2, you can take the diff apart and rotate it to the next hole. This should tighten the belt and prevent the problem. If you cant do this on the sprint I'd suggest you try and find a way of tightening the belt.
daveaustin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Forget about adjusting the diff - there uis no adjustment. You have picked up a stone in the the rear diff housing and they are persistant so often you will need to pull the diff apart to get them out. You can normally tell when you pick up a stone it will slow you down and if you get it quickly enough there is no real damage.

To fix there are a number of ideas
seal up the hole under the motor - I don't like this as it probably reduces cooling.
I have seen the diff housing cut out so if you pick up a stone it will simply fall out which appears to work ok without causing problems.
But I only run my car on the track now (in a spec class) and there is a lot to be said for clean tracks.
ShrekNZ is offline   Reply With Quote