R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2003, 02:11 PM   #31
Tech Elite
Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

If you read my post you would have noticed that I talked to Jeff before I bought the packs and told him what I want. He said it was not a problem These Packs I got are fine.... I am using them and the lower number packs are about the same as my higher end packs. I needed batteries and didn't have time to wait to send back 3 of the 4 packs I got and then wait for the others to come. I am sure it was not Jeff's fault. I am sure it was one of the guys in the back that packs and ships them that doesn't read the comments section on the order. All he had to do was read that and see the quote form Jeff of what Jeff said. It was not worth getting really upset about.

Also our shop does carry them but at the time they were expecting packs that were lower then the ones I told Jeff that I wanted.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 04:13 PM   #32
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Good reply. Yep, I noticed that you mentioned talking to him BEFORE hand. I was commenting on the need for talking AFTER the purchase.Hope you didn't mind me using your experience as a lesson to others,particularly newer drivers.
Moral of the story....one of the advantages of dealing with smaller ,more specialized companies is your ability to talk to an actual person. A less than satisfactory purchase isn't good for you and it isn't good for the seller. Don't be afraid to talk folk's....everybody will generally be alot happier and another small business won't have to fight off a bad rep. Happy Motoring !!
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 04:26 PM   #33
Tech Elite
Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

I also want to state.... if you want great packs at a great price...Promatch is the way to go. KMR also has good packs at a very good price. If I were to buy packs now the top 3 I wold go to would be

#3. SMC
#2. KMR
#1. Promatch
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:43 PM   #34
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I was more or less stating a trend with the way I received packs, not really being negative. I have only owned Pro-Match packs and a couple SMC's from an LHS. My overall experience with Pro-Match is always "A" rated. And your correct about calling if I was unhappy... I just accepted it as the way it was. Only my fault in that situation. I will continue to buy from Pro-Match and next time I'll give a call before hand give and them the opportunity to "wow" me

Christopher Kee
ChristopherKee is offline   Reply With Quote