Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need a lil help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

i hate chasing glitches, and i had to learn the hard way.

- definitely make sure the antenna wire on the receiver is the proper length. note any damages on the wire itself and near the base. make sure the wire is not touching any carbon graphite or aluminum. seems that they can conduct noise that will interfere with your RX.
- you can use thick double sided tape to mount receivers to insulate it to a degree, and if you have a receiver box (nitro cars), use some foam to insulate it from from chassis vibration. you can mount the receiver on its side, so that it stands verticle and reduce the likelyhood of a glitch. this tip is from RCCA.
- try using fresh crystals that you know are not damaged. also trying a different receiver (if available) may help as well.
- lastly, make sure your eletric motor has capacitors and that none are broken. for nitro make sure the clutch bell is in good working order, cuz it can create noise that will also interfere with your RX.

for my Pro 2 i never had interference, and i was using a futaba magnum AM at the time. i think the stock mounting position for the antenna may be the problem since it is very close to the motor and where the gears would mesh.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

I neither had a single problem with glitching in my Pro2.

Befor switching electronics, ensure that:

- antenna wire hase the proper length. Neither too long nor too short. If you cant find the correct length, then use the RX from the other car.
- the crystals are mounted correct - the crystal with TX in your transmitter and the crystal with RX in your reciever.
- the things Icon mentioned is okay, especially motor capasitors and that the antenna wire are not broken.
- move the antenna in the car, to the middle of the car. There's some nice holes in the upper deck.
- new batteries in your transmitter.

Please post your experiments and the results.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Regular

Im going to try all of the above.. I hate that this is happening to my dad since im the one who talked him into buying this thing. If all else fails.. I'll give him mine and i'll buy a new one
Old 03-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by spitfire
Im going to try all of the above.. I hate that this is happening to my dad since im the one who talked him into buying this thing. If all else fails.. I'll give him mine and i'll buy a new one
Everything else wont fails.... Unless your're as unlucky as Popsracer. But Popsracer was extremely unlucky, he's the only example I've heard of.

Glitching can be due to many things. I had a servo, which only worked with certain radios. I ditched that servo, and vupti, all problems solved.

But 95% of the time, glitching can be solved with the above suggestions. Besides, we'll help you.

I still believe that RX antenna is your main problem.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:29 AM
Tech Regular

How do u know what the "right" length is for the antenna. cuz the one we replaced was super short.. and this one is a bit longer
Old 03-27-2003, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Well, that might be the hardest part. Maybe you can find the length in the manual or on the internet. Or try send JR Propo an e-mail. Maybe it's easier to get is as a spare part. It should only be 1-2 $. Plan B is to get a new reciever, it'll probably be around 30$.

If it's too hard to fix, then try with the RX from the other car (remember to insert the correct crystal )

If that solve the problem, then it's quite sure that it's your RX enna.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Well we finally got to get it out today. and the glitch for the most part is gone.. only noticeable long distance. thanks for all the help. What did it was moving the Antenna to the upperdeck and keeping it OFF the chassis. We also put the RX on its side and that helped out even more..
Old 03-29-2003, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Good to hear... Have fun racing. By the way, I hope my son would like to race RC, when he gets a little older. Could be fun....