Wiki Posts
Search

Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jakethedriver
Thinking I'm better off playing hockey and if some guy gives me a cheap shot I'll let him have it back. Ever seen a fight at an RC tourney?
Waa Waa Waa....

Am I the only one that thinks this guy has some anger issues? Maybe if you think the guys are taking cheap shots at you, take a step back and re-think it out. Maybe they aren't that great of a driver in the first place. Let them wreck and pass them.

Whoa is me, are you sure the wrecks aren't your fault? If you are a decent driver, then you should be able to avoid the bad drivers and the wrecks and pass everyone else when they screw up. Set yourself apart from the track and DON"T WRECK.

If someone wrecks into you, its your fault. If you wreck into someone else, its your fault.

Maybe you don't have the best setup on your car too. A better handling car is the key. I used to suck at racing until I got a BJ4WE and used the worlds setup. Now the difference is like day and night. Before people used to tell me to get out of their way, now I am a major contender.

If you are going to these races and not having fun, then something is wrong. Go play hockey.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Details

Hey Jake what car exactly do you run, what class etc etc. Enlighten us please.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJ5
which one isn't?
Plenty of ones you've never been to.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattnin
Waa Waa Waa....
Nice to have part of the problem drop by to prove the guy's point.

Am I the only one that thinks this guy has some anger issues?
So far, yes. He's not lashing out in a hostile manner. Yes, he's frustrated, but his posts seem pretty calm and collected.

Waa Waa Waa....
Whoa is me, are you sure the wrecks aren't your fault? If you are a decent driver, then you should be able to avoid the bad drivers and the wrecks and pass everyone else when they screw up. Set yourself apart from the track and DON"T WRECK.
I don't think you're reading (and understanding) what he said. He's not even being given the opportunity to get of people's way. If his story is accurate (and we have no reason to believe otherwise at this point), he's mowed over the moment they come up on him.

I've had this happen to me, and I've been guilty of it. I can see both sides. I know what it's like to have a chance but you come up on someone who you know is going to slow you down... but is one race really worth making an enemy and potentially turning someone away from the hobby? Absolutely not.

I had to take a year off from the hobby to learn that lesson, and if I start acting like an ass again on the track, I'll take another year off. Some people are just taking these toy cars way too seriously.

Maybe you don't have the best setup on your car too. A better handling car is the key. I used to suck at racing until I got a BJ4WE and used the worlds setup. Now the difference is like day and night. Before people used to tell me to get out of their way, now I am a major contender.
Again, you're not reading what he's saying. He's not whining about losing. He's simply asking for the opportunity to race rather than have his car knocked about the track because someone behind him can't wait for the right opportunity to pass.

If you are going to these races and not having fun, then something is wrong. Go play hockey.
Now there's a great attitude! Anytime someone in this hobby says something you don't like, just tell them to go do something else!

Before long, there won't be enough people to race.

Oh wait... that's already started to happen...

Oops.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default RAW

Isn't RAW on tonite on USA? Save it for the ring guys.

John Cena throws the RC car across the ring at what's his face , uhm oh yeah the Gravedigger, SMACK, BOOM, KAPOW

Old 03-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Ur right I am mad. My point about contact sports is one reason no one takes a cheap shot is because there are refs who watch more than just the guy with the puck, and what goes around comes around. They should go play some video game where the stuff they wreck is all in their heads, or smack plush gouphers at the carnival, not my car that I just put new foams on and now I need to buy more parts. It looked like a demolition derby, and it was more than just me that had some thoughts on races. I could hear other guys curses up on the stand. A real good racer. One guy said to a guy that was way behind him, you had no chance, why did you have to take me (him) out. Rude. I try to work with these guys, talk to them, say things like I'll let you through, I'm going wide here and it works. I've even heard them say back to me, its ok, keep doing what your doing. Do we need a drivers meeting where we talk about this, or is this not something racers talk about? I thought in real racing they had black flags for guys that take someone out. Is it different in RC because no one gets hurt? A few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Last edited by jakethedriver; 03-05-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

I went in my first "big" competition recently. I'm a newbie with only part of a season under my belt. My best laps at the track are a couple behind the fastest guy, who always wins, and usually by a couple of laps over the rest. Best case scenario I'm a bottom quarter of the pack runner at this point in my skilz and experience. I try my best not to mess him up and give him and anyone else faster an opportunity to pass. In six rounds of qualifying I never managed to get in my usual best times. I got hit so many times by impatient drivers that I was always being marshalled or running on chunked tires. They'd overshoot the first turn, crash, be marshalled, then run me off the road trying to get back to where they think they belong after they are a lap down. For the final race I qualified next to last out of a small field. During that race I was battered and hammered by cars jumping the rails, pushing me into oncoming lanes, basically trashing my car. It seems to me that if you are not the leader, no one gives a shit what others do to you on the track. Everyone thinks they are the fastest and they just need to drive right through the pack to prove it. Desparate drivers overdriving their abilities predominate and create a negative environment. I spent a lot of money, days of time, travelled a good distance to have a lousy time. I have no problem with running last if everyone is faster than me, but not being able to run one clean race becasuse others can't take one second to find the right time to pass means there's no point even running unless I want to throw away a $400 car and waste $100 worth of entry fee and tires to have a lousy time. To be honest, I'm considering not even returning to the competitive part of the hobby. There's no room for beginners when guys that have been at this for years can't show some cooth and allow for a fair run on the track. You'd be pretty desparate to spend $2000 to buy all the stuff you need to run competitively to face that kind of senario. Are there no gentlemen at the track?
You don't have to be so depressed. Everywhere have these kind of crap. Those guys always thought they are the best and new guys should give the way to them. When they hit someone, no sorry at all.......... but if new guys just touch them a little bit, they may F'K you. I hate these guys very much too. What I do is....... if he hit me this lap....... next lap I will push him to the wall or ramp and let him have a 720 degree free rotation in the air. I am sure those craps won't touch you anymore again. You know, I just protected myself, the war was not raised my me. I won't scare about that even he comes to hassle me.

Beside if you thought you are too new, just use a stock car (no hop-up options) to prevent too much loss. Wherever you race or even playing only....... you cannot prevent these craps. Just focus on your driving technique and enjoy..... you would have ability to skip their disturbance one day.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

^ What he said... I think...
Old 03-05-2007, 01:14 PM
RJ5
Suspended

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Plenty of ones you've never been to.
could you perhaps Inconvenience yourself for just a moment to name one?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Its plaina nd simple, if there not lapping, you dont have to let them past. If they are lapping, you take a wider line, if they cant take that oppurtunity then theyre not good enough to be attempting an overtaking manouvere. If they do tkae you out trying to overtake when you give them space, have a quiet word after the race most guys at the track will appreciate it. At our club I remember beign helped alot when starting, when being lapped they tell me nicely im lapping, i move to a wider line and they go through pronto and say thanks when you let them through. If some of the guys arent being curteous and good drivers then give race control a talk and tell them whats happening.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Kind of interesting, I am sure a lot of people can relate. However from my experience there are five types of drivers. 1 The beginner who doesn't really know the cost of this hobby, who gets on the track swerves all over hits everything and gets in the way. Now this person could be a kid, or someone who has lots of money and no appreciation for it. 2 The beginner who is attentive to what he/she is doing, knows they get in the way and tries to avoid this. These people are a great asset to racing, they will eventually hone their skills and become great drivers. 3 experienced racer, a middle of the pack runner, usually cautious about other drivers. 4 experienced racer who is fast but lacks driver etiquette. Pushes people out of the way, not very patient. 5 The fast, patient experienced racer. Now I try to be the 5 guy, however it is not easy, especially when your neck and neck with another guy with 30 seconds to go and your trying to hold on to first. Or you are on your best qualifying run. In the heat of battle it is easy to forget about patience. But don't give up. The best thing I can suggest is talking on the driver stand. If you see someone coming up let them know that you see them, tell them wide next corner, or something. The one thing I can tell you for sure is that if you stay in their way you will get punted, either lack of patience on their part or you tried to close in on their line or someone over drives, its inevitable. The best way to avoid it is to talk to the other drivers.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Do we need a drivers meeting where we talk about this, or is this not something racers talk about?
Absolutely. There has to be rules like no talking on the stand, no yelling at turn marshals. The announcer has to enforce those rules by docking laps or something. It has to be done.

I have never been to a place where there were rules that if you wreck someone, you are black flagged. It is usually the rule that if you wreck into someone or if someone wrecks into you, it is your fault. Sorry, but that is the way it is. Just don't wreck. Ever.

I have seen it before where someone wrecks into someone else and the person thinks it happened on purpose. All this does is make a tense atmosphere and people are playing the blame game. Suck it up man, come on already. If you are getting mad, you need to figure it out.

If you think someone is wrecking into you on purpose, calm down a bit then go joke it off with them. They'll get the idea, and you'll get an idea about what is really going on too.

It sounds like you need to talk to the track announcer/director. He surely doesn't want to lose you and will probably step up rule enforcement.

Ask yourself if you are having fun at the end of the day. If you are, let everyone know especially the track owner. If not, figure out why. Maybe a good few weeks of hockey is what you need.

Another thing too. You don't always have to get out of the other persons way. Maybe the reason the other dude is 2 laps ahead of everyone is because everyone is getting out of his way. Just race, hold your line. If you are having a bad day, yea let him pass. But if you are up to it, race him and don't give him an inch.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How about more practice than racing? Nothing makes you faster like practice. If your spending all your time being frustrated on race night your probably not going to get much better. I like to practice at the track when traffic is low. Gives you a real chance to see what the car is doing and work on your skills.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

I used to race a lot, back then there were no beginners either, norrca just had stock, modified, and 12th scale stock and modified. no beginners class, so I can understand your pain.

I would suggest that you not race in the big races for a while unless they have a begginers class. these racers can be very agressive and some of the sportsmen driver may have the speed but still lack the skills to avoid back markers. Practice for a while and run only at tracks that have a beginner class.

Additionally I have run into attitude issues at a lot of the touring car races. so I also no longer race touring cars. However I do race at the Tamiya TCS races, these races are sponsored by Tamiya and the Director is very good about keeping the attitudes in check and having clean races. if you in the socal area the Tamiya test track at their HQ is open for practice every saturday and everyone there is helpful and under control.

Like you said there are plenty of other venues to spend you money and time in. I found in general, the guys that are into rc nitro off road, rc drift, rc rock crawling are usually a mellower crowd than electric rc touring. you may want to check these out.

again I totally understand your frustration
I hope it all works out for you,
wayne
Old 03-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

At our track we have the "fast" guys that look out for trouble like this.
We have a sportsman class that is setup for new racers. Practice is the best advice anyone can give you. If you go just to race then when would you have time take your time and get to know the car, track/etc....

Sportsmanship is the top of the list at our track and I have taken a driver aside and had a little chat with him.... Nothing personal, just some attitude adjustment suggestions.....

The Race Director and owner also needs to be on top of things like this. They can take action when required before it gets out of hand....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.