R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Schumcher Mission! Help! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/15166-schumcher-mission-help.html)

jackv202 03-23-2003 09:50 AM

Schumcher Mission! Help!

Hey guys,

I have got a schumacher mission, awith a p2k2 motor. But when i try to reverse it slowly goes backwards but make and awful clicking noise that sounds like it's comming from the diffs. I checked the diffs and freed them of dirt but in still persists to click. Does ne1 know how to solve this.

Thanks

P.S just ordered my 11X1 D5 woohoo!

olev 03-23-2003 10:07 AM

It's a racing car, it only wants to go forward:D
Seriously, I suspect it's the driveshafts. Check that the plastic blades are not worn . If they are, replace them. Check also the outer joints for slop.
BTW, there is a Schumacher thread on this forum as well...

IMPACTPLAYR 03-23-2003 12:20 PM

Belt cars are notorious for hating reverse!!!.... it will actually damage your belts if used too much!!!!

olev 03-23-2003 12:35 PM

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Belt cars are notorious for hating reverse!!!.... it will actually damage your belts if used too much!!!!
Yeah right. Have you ever seen directional belts used in a model car? Too funny:D

IMPACTPLAYR 03-23-2003 12:48 PM

Well my brother had an HPI pro 2, my dad had a sport...... I built both... my brother ran a rooster, my dad an old Tekin F1, both P2K2 stockers..... my brother used reverse a lot and his belts wore ut well before my dad's and my dad had many more problems with roks and dirt in his belts.......

DON'T BELIEVE ME....... I DON'T CAR IT'S YOUR CAR YOUR MESSING UP..... presonally I don't think they should even make a reversing esc!!!!!

At ne track I used to race at there was always some stoooooopid bastard backing up into racing traffic!!!!

adrian 03-23-2003 10:11 PM

ok.. cheak underneath the hubs were the screw goes into it from lower suspnsion arms... how far are they in? you must leave a mm or so or they will hit the cvd causing it to click... look at allk the suspension arms and make sure they are the same using calipers..

j0n0 03-24-2003 12:09 AM

stock motors will always go slow in reverse anyway because of the fact that they have 24 degrees fixed timing which is designed to only go fast in one direction ---> forward !

also the clicking could be like adrian said the screws in the hub rubbing the CVDs, causing them to bind. get a flashlight and check they do not protrude into the CVDs. The sould could also be coming from the motor, make sure that there are no stones stuck in the motor.

Hope you have some luck!!!

adrian 03-24-2003 03:16 AM

Yus well said jono :D also look at the drive train, that theres no stones etc... brw dont use a diode when you have a reversing esc... ouch!

j0n0 03-25-2003 12:24 AM

also make sure that theres no dirt stuck on the pulleys or between the teeth of the belts, this causes high spots in the drivetrain and reduces efficiency.