Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with Much More CTX-D Discharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Default Problems with Much More CTX-D Discharger

I seem to be having problems with my CTX-D. Whenever I discharge a pack the 6th cell is always extremelly low compared to the other cells in all my packs and this cell discharges first.

Is this a problem with the discharger? Can it be repaired?

I see there is a version2 available is this better and can mine be upgraded?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

On all packs or just a particular pack? Make sure the screws arent backing out during the discharge. A screw coming un-done during the discharge isnt seen as an error condition just that the voltage dropped down to 0 and it stops discharging. (by the way if that cell isnt getting discharged then dont charge the pack as the cell will probably explode - I saw it happen a month ago, very scary)
Old 03-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If the CTXD is still discharging cell #6, the unit may need to be recalibrated. Have you tried to discharge your packs on another CTXD or CTXD2? As or8ital said, you definitely don't want to charge the pack and risk the cell exploding.

Have you flipped your fans around? If not, give that a try and see if you still get the low reading on cell #6.

If the CTXD does need repaired, you will need to contact Muchmore UK for service. MM did have upgrade kits available at the time of the CTXD2 release, but you would need to check with MM UK to see if they still have any available. The upgrade does not include the extra posts, it's a internal upgrade.