Community
Wiki Posts
Search

East Power vs Intellect vs anyother

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default East Power vs Intellect vs anyother

I can't see many cell threads too near the top of the pile, and most end up 20+ pages long and off on a ramble onto a different subject, so i'll start a new one.

I have seen/heard from a few different sources that the voltages (average) of the Intellect 4200WC cells have actually been dropping a bit recently. I am in the market for some new cells in the next couple of weeks for the new season and i have a couple of points for anyone who feels they can add any experiences/comments to.

If the Intellect voltages are dropping they are falling into closer competition with the EP4200 cells, as I have been lead to beleive EP's were a little down on voaltage compared to IB's. What is the current opinion fo the EP cell against the IB, keeping in mind that I am racing using a Tamiya sport tuned motor, so voltage is everything.

Also, more of a question rather than a point to discuss, how to the EP's compare to the IB's in terms of weight?

Finally (for now) what about any other cells that are available? I notice that Pro-match have taken over Fusion Power who i believe make their own cells. Does anyone know anything about these cells?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forum fodder
I can't see many cell threads too near the top of the pile, and most end up 20+ pages long and off on a ramble onto a different subject, so i'll start a new one.

I have seen/heard from a few different sources that the voltages (average) of the Intellect 4200WC cells have actually been dropping a bit recently. I am in the market for some new cells in the next couple of weeks for the new season and i have a couple of points for anyone who feels they can add any experiences/comments to.

If the Intellect voltages are dropping they are falling into closer competition with the EP4200 cells, as I have been lead to beleive EP's were a little down on voaltage compared to IB's. What is the current opinion fo the EP cell against the IB, keeping in mind that I am racing using a Tamiya sport tuned motor, so voltage is everything.

Also, more of a question rather than a point to discuss, how to the EP's compare to the IB's in terms of weight?

Finally (for now) what about any other cells that are available? I notice that Pro-match have taken over Fusion Power who i believe make their own cells. Does anyone know anything about these cells?
IB and EP are becoming more comparable to one another... I think IB still has the slight edge, but lately, I've seen a lot of interest in the EP cell. Most racers from my area that have been using the EP cells have been raving about them saving they hold up a lot better than the IB cells... So it seems that a lot of the average racers are getting real sick of 0 volt and venting IB cells.

Along with the IB/EP, the new GP4300 samples are pretty darn good and right there with the IB/EP cells. They won't be hitting the market until April, but if the production lots are the same or better, IB and EP both have something to worry about.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

April is a bit too late for the start of the season, but i will be keeping my ears pealed for them. As hinted before, weight is a bit consideration for the cells I get, and i believe the Ep's are bit lighter than the IB's. Think it might be worth getting a set of the EP's and trying them out
Old 02-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think that the IB cells are lighter than the EP cells atleast the last EP cells I tested. If I remember correctly the difference was 1 gram per cell.

The reason why the IB cells have been a bit lower in voltage lately is because they are trying to make the cells more reliable. There is a fine line between high voltage/low IR and reliability.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

my opinion about IB/EP IB is much hotter than EP when you charge it.now im using EP batts.much cheaper than IB
Old 02-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

The EP cells I tried were lighter than my IB's
Old 02-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Josh H
The EP cells I tried were lighter than my IB's
All the 4200's are so close in weight, it won't matter. I personally recommend IP 4200's from poleposition. They have great performance. I've had great success with them. I understand IB's are the most popular, but if you try them. You will be very happy.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

You'll be very happy with the EP cells.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King of B Main
You'll be very happy with the EP cells.
i agree
Old 02-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I have heard from some locals who have run the EP4200 that they have a ton of rip and the same people have also said they havent been that suprised at the rip since the 3300 days. Looks like the ep cells might be worth a shot.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So it seems racers are liking the EPs more and more now... Interesting....
Old 02-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Think i will try some EP's and compare them to the IB's I already have.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the most important reason on purchasing which brand (IB/EP) is what is your aim and how you use the cells. If you are really serious in racing, IB cells will certainly give you avantages, as you will have the power you need, even more then you need. It is important to have power that you don't need when in practice, you will never know when you'll need it in the race.
EP cells only give you longer runtime, longer life, is quite good as practice packs. The reason why WC4200 have a PV drop now, I guess it is because the power of the cell is too high in a modify race but, in stock races, I think you just need a better equalizer like the Team Wave Lightning, to check out the false cells and replace it. So I'll stick on IB until something new....
Old 02-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

First all sub C cells in our market are either GP, EP, or IB the shrink wrap may say a certain brand but the manufacturer of the cell is indeed one of those listed (GP, IB, EP).

Our tests show our drivers prefer IB's over the EP's by a large margin with GP's being the best durability but not having that high voltage that the IB's deliver (at a price of reliability).

With new GP's coming soon it should be interesting to see if IB increases it reliability or EP increases it's voltage to compete.

If you want the lightest battery with the highest voltage consistanlty over the course of a run then Li-Po is year's ahead of NiMH in this regard however for many the legality issue is still a blockade.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by MrBlack
First all sub C cells in our market are either GP, EP, or IB the shrink wrap may say a certain brand but the manufacturer of the cell is indeed one of those listed (GP, IB, EP).

Our tests show our drivers prefer IB's over the EP's by a large margin with GP's being the best durability but not having that high voltage that the IB's deliver (at a price of reliability).

With new GP's coming soon it should be interesting to see if IB increases it reliability or EP increases it's voltage to compete.

If you want the lightest battery with the highest voltage consistanlty over the course of a run then Li-Po is year's ahead of NiMH in this regard however for many the legality issue is still a blockade.

keep telling um .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.