East Power vs Intellect vs anyother

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

East Power vs Intellect vs anyother

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

ep's are bullet proof in my experience....no drop off so far over 6 months of owning them.

my ib42 seem to have more "rip" but the ep's are just as good.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

Are the Trinity 4200's just re-packaged Intellects? (th ones in the red and white heatshrink with 4200 in black.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cole Trickle
Thanks Ghuber.

Do you know how to tell the difference on first and second generation?

This is the one my LHS carry, and since it's stock now, it must be the first generation

Sure, the second generation GP4300s have a "H-MPV" sticker on the cell. I have a pic if you would like to see. Second generation won't hit LHS's until at least April, that is when the first production lot of the batteries is to be produced by GP.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by forum fodder
Are the Trinity 4200's just re-packaged Intellects? (th ones in the red and white heatshrink with 4200 in black.
Yes, that's correct! They are the same as the blue shrunk IB cells.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY

roll on li-po
Ditto
Old 03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by SRC_DRIVER
Are EP's on the market yet? If so who/where has them?
We have EPs in stock.

Take care,
Nick
Old 03-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ghuber
Sure, the second generation GP4300s have a "H-MPV" sticker on the cell. I have a pic if you would like to see. Second generation won't hit LHS's until at least April, that is when the first production lot of the batteries is to be produced by GP.
Oh, a pic would be very nice, I'll appreciate it very much
Old 03-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

I now have my EP4200 cells. Couple of questions.

They have a small gold sticker on them saying ***MII***, are these the new versions of the EP4200 i saw was due out? I thought they were WC versions thou.

Also what are the recommended care instructions for these cells, as I am sure they are different than for Intellects. So thats Charge rate, delta peak, storage?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

I had 6 packs of EP and 10 cells on 36 were dead... It was EP 4200 with red collar... I suppose the new batchs are better...
Old 03-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

It's funny to see lots of good reports on EP, then one likes your which is not so good!

I guess this illustrates that it doesn't matter which brand we choose. There's always risk of a bad cell. Some packs will go off sooner than others. I usually buy multiple packs of the same brand and spec. They're never equal - there's ALWAYS differences.

So you just go with whatever your gut feel says and treat them the best you can.

What are we up to now though, 4600? For me, I think weight might now become more of a decision factor. I wasn't dumping with 3300s in 4WD mod, so what are 4600s for? You can't stop progress (nor should you) so I'm not complaining here. I don't think you can go wrong these days whatever you end up buying.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hugo
I had 6 packs of EP and 10 cells on 36 were dead... It was EP 4200 with red collar... I suppose the new batchs are better...
If the LHS give a chance, bring together with you a multimeter to measure the voltage .... typically min 0.90V is okay for the new matched packs ... below that, don't buy it ... And as for un-matched pack ... 1.0V should be the min.

Then you won;t have a dead cells too soon....
Old 03-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by akuhon
If the LHS give a chance, bring together with you a multimeter to measure the voltage .... typically min 0.90V is okay for the new matched packs ... below that, don't buy it ... And as for un-matched pack ... 1.0V should be the min.

Then you won;t have a dead cells too soon....
in theory it sounds like a good idea, but A) Most LHS probably wouldnt let you do that and B) Not possible if you order online
Old 03-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Plus most batteries are packaged and that would mean opening each package.. LHS not going to like that I wouldnt think.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
in theory it sounds like a good idea, but A) Most LHS probably wouldnt let you do that and B) Not possible if you order online
Well, although I'm sure nothing will work in every case... I think it's a good suggestion for some folks standing there at the counter about to buy. For instance:

A. I know my LHS takes good care of us. In the past, if we found a bad pack, they send it in for us to the matcher. I'm sure if it was bad in the case, they'd want to know before it was ever sold. I would wonder about the integrity of dealing with someone who wouldn't let you check volts of a pack....

B. For those with a LHS, well... they sponsor our tracks, work side by side with us, they are a rallying point for R/C organization in the area, give stability to the clubs... I prefer to shop locally and deal with someone I can talk with. And as I moved into new types of R/C, especially at first, the advice from the folks at my LHS is more than worth any small savings I might get from online. Now this is nothing against online companies, but if you want to order there ... of the only online battery matcher I've dealt with, they warranty their assembled packs against dead cells anyway.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

hey guys i ran some of the new ep's this weekend at our regionals and i can say with out a doubt they ran just as good as my best ib cells. i had my fastest time with a ep was something like a 5.04 and with my ib i ran a 5.03.5 so no difference and i used the same pack again in the main and it ran better i thought ..their was nothing special abou tthe pack i was told it had a run time of mid 430 and voltage of 1.223 and ir of 1.5

Last edited by smyka; 03-25-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.