Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Which touring car should I Buy Please HELP!!! >

Which touring car should I Buy Please HELP!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which touring car should I Buy Please HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TAMIYAMANUK
tamiya TA05
First time out and I am denied a club level 19t A final win by 1.9 seconds. I dont think there is a car out there that will give much more bang for buck, in the end my nerves cost me the win.

I did however change the chassis and shock towers to graphite, but even with the price of these on top of the kit you are still looking at a cheap car for the money - cheaper than top specification kits but still plenty adequate.

Needless to say, I am not looking to change my car soon!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The '007 is the best car I have driven to date. I tried 90% of the cars on the market and the Xray has the best instructions, handling, quality,design for fast chassis changes, and help that I have owned.

Obviously your just jealous about something.

And trust me. I was always against buying one because of the hype, but it was true.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
The '007 is the best car I have driven to date. I tried 90% of the cars on the market and the Xray has the best instructions, handling, quality,design for fast chassis changes, and help that I have owned.

Obviously your just jealous about something.
Nope, I smoke guys in their Xray whatchahoozits every week with my plastic TA05. They talk trash...get beat BADLY and then blame everything on droop or tweak or shock oil...every week.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Obviously it isn't the car your beating with that Radio Shack car.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know, when they win it's the chassis when they lose it's the driver...typical Xray driver.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

I hate these type of threads, they always stray away from the question. This guy obviously wants a ready to run (basher car for now). 007 is not a basher, look at the two options he gave you, and the price range. Give him advise on a similar car thats obvioulsy what he likes. I think the cyclone S would fit your budget, alot of option parts out there if you decide to get serious about racing and the parts are readily available.

Last edited by Wayne1one; 02-27-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by muahdib4
Nope, I smoke guys in their Xray whatchahoozits every week with my plastic TA05. They talk trash...get beat BADLY and then blame everything on droop or tweak or shock oil...every week.

It is mainly hype, the right setup, (rollout, motor, ride height, droop, springs, tire, etc...) driver and any of these high end cars on the market today and you can win every weekend. Most important is who's behind the wheel.

and this is a hell of a deal! https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...0&showbig=6809
Old 02-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
I hate these type of threads, they always stray away from the question.
I hate them too. I think people should make up their own mind about what car to get. Its really not that hard these days because ALL KITS ARE GOOD TO EXCELLENT QUALITY.....PERIOD! Because chances are that if your starting a thread to decide what kit to get, your not the type who is going to notice the 'tenth of a second' difference between one kit and another.

Follow a couple simple steps and you can't go wrong:
1. decide your price range
2. find a car YOU like the look of
3. make sure you can find parts for it, either online or locally
4. buy the car
5. go have fun

Simple really. The last thing you want to do is start a thread on a message board to ask people what they think. Because as you see by the responses...it don't work too well.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Regional Moderator

Dang man, why our TA05 gotta be a Radio Shack car?...

I've noticed a sharp up turn in TA05 hateration on the boards lately...

...but like my signature says, if people are so certain it aint good, why even waste time hatin' on it.....hmmmmmm
Old 02-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

but putting kits together is half the fun
Old 02-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I hate them too. I think people should make up their own mind about what car to get. Its really not that hard these days because ALL KITS ARE GOOD TO EXCELLENT QUALITY.....PERIOD! Because chances are that if your starting a thread to decide what kit to get, your not the type who is going to notice the 'tenth of a second' difference between one kit and another.

Follow a couple simple steps and you can't go wrong:
1. decide your price range
2. find a car YOU like the look of
3. make sure you can find parts for it, either online or locally
4. buy the car
5. go have fun

Simple really. The last thing you want to do is start a thread on a message board to ask people what they think. Because as you see by the responses...it don't work too well.
Could not have said it any better.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

T2R. For the money these cars are un-beatable, no questions. I've had Hot-Bodies, Schumachers, TC3's, Losi's even Tamiya's and I can say that the Xray product is made of high quality materials to high tolerences. They are also very strong and can take big hits.
As a beginner to the hobby, the strength of the car should be top of your list and the xray is prob the strongest make on the market.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by part-time racer
T2R. For the money these cars are un-beatable, no questions. I've had Hot-Bodies, Schumachers, TC3's, Losi's even Tamiya's and I can say that the Xray product is made of high quality materials to high tolerences. They are also very strong and can take big hits.
As a beginner to the hobby, the strength of the car should be top of your list and the xray is prob the strongest make on the market.
Thanks for your opinion, now with that being said they need to make a RTR version and this would be a great car to suggest for this particular thread.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
Thanks for your opinion, now with that being said they need to make a RTR version and this would be a great car to suggest for this particular thread.

The problem with these threads is that most people with suggestions don't bother to even read the original post.

Dude could be asking for help picking a new coffee mug, and guys would still suggest a $390+ touring car!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just remember the associated cars break often. If your going to race one good board tap and its off to the hobby shop. it may be frustrating for Newbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.