R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-25-2007, 12:28 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Glitching Help Needed

Lately I have had some major problems with glitching at the Tamiya USA track. Not matter where I am on the driver stand, the car glitches in the exact same place.

To give you an idea, the car goes down a long straight then through a sweeper to a 15ft straight, then another sharp turn. Between the end of the sweeper and the short straight is where the car always glitches. Whats odd is that if the track is run in reverse, there aren't any glitching issues to speak of.

I am running a GTX(new), Futaba S9351 servo(new), Checkpoint 19t motor(just cut and rebuilt), Novak XXL 75mHz FM receiver(have tried 2 different ones), and a Futaba Magnum T3PDF tx, and multiple crystal sets have been used.

Are there any tips to help my situation? Are there any general tips to try, or things to look for?
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:14 AM   #2
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Try running better battery packs like the 4200WC if you're not already running them. You should also try running a capacitor on your receiver if you don't have one.
jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:41 AM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Your problem is not uncommon

Your problem is not uncommon, and the first thing to do is to use a very good battery like "jaz" suggested, and use capacitors.

If that doesn't help, try using a different receiver, and try running the car the reverse way and see if the problem occurs in the same spot, or perhaps in a different place running the reverse way. Check if Speed controller or motor gets very hot, if there is a change in the car's behaviour going reverse.

Cutting a small ventilation hole in the front windscreen has been suggested to help with overheating problems in a recent RC magazine, and that together with mounting the speed control higher (with more airflow) on a bracket is also worth trying. Your car will also run too hot if it is overgeared, check your rollout. Sometimes the scutineers may not allow cutting a hole for cooling however.

Please let us know how you go.

Kindest regards,
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am running the Orion 3200 lipo packs, so they should be good enough. Generally it never happens in the reverse direction on the track. The gearing is actually set low right now for practicing and the motor does not get hot.

I do not have a cpacitor for the receiver, does anyone have a link for a receiver capacitor for the Novak XXL?
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote