5 cell in 27t/19t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 cell in 27t/19t

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

My car handles great , I hit barriers because I'm crap.
I got to within 5 minutes of Andy the other week as I qualified in the heat after him.
(looks like I'm still in here LOL)
Old 02-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

If ya'll wanna see the pros and cons to this argument...MANY more cons...then just go read the ROAR to 4-cell thread. All this has already been debated and there really doesn't need to be another thread on fewer batteries when it's already been shown that it would do nothing more then separate TCs even farther from other forms of electric racing, costing racers more money in special battery sets that they couldn't use in either their 1/12th scale cars or their off-road vehicles or Minis. It would simply kill the TC racing hobby. Sorry, but that's what would happen and the high price of batteries that have to be replaced every few months nearly did it already...LiPo is ALL that is keeping TCs alive locally here and that's just barely....Nitro is booming though...wonder why? Oh yeah...same fuel can be used in the cars AND trucks/buggies.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by muahdib4
It would simply kill the TC racing hobby. Sorry, but that's what would happen and the high price of batteries that have to be replaced every few months nearly did it already....
Another expert without practice?
Old 02-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Anders

Has the gearing changed much on 19/27 Turn going down to 5 cells?
Old 02-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

battery issue with 5 cell mod is still a `Dont Know` situ
untill the season kicks off in April & they (5cell/mod) have a few meets under there belt ,have to wait & see

it`s the Amp drain they are worried about for 5 cell

@muahdib4
we have different class`s allready & loads of places running different rules & class`s from 1 area to another
a couple of years ago there were 3 class`s 1 weight , 1 cell count
now it is different
either 5 cell/mod gets dropped
or 27t & 19t would be nice to fall into line .so there be 1 weight , 1 cell count between class`s

don`t worry
i said Li-po should be given to go ahead in TC ,got shouted down about that aswell ,it blows up .you can`t charge it properly with out spending loads of money ,ooohh it`s looks scary ,it`s the wrong colour & shape (orion Li-po 4800 ,(poppy cock)
has it put me off No..still have li-po & would dump c-cells just like that if i knew the BRCA would back it & back the clubs to use them ,but No.still one club allows to other doesn`t ,all confusing

2.4g stuff i had won going long time ago ,when it first came out ,i got it in the Ear then ,it`s not that good, phones interfer & all that crap
i actually got one & used it ,had no probs what so ever ,now every one has one (Well sort off)

will be @ a big meet sunday ,i will ask a few more guy`s about it (get the Flame gun out )
still thinking weather too or not
coz if i have to convince some one like Seantguy who`s set in he`s way`s ,then it be very hard going

@Part-timer
this question has gone on 6 other forums now , not just this place
so my generalising is taken quite a few reply`s in

not many are up for it (at the Mo )
Old 02-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nathan Parker
Anders

Has the gearing changed much on 19/27 Turn going down to 5 cells?
Yes. Bigger pinion.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Exactly how do you practice killing the hobby? If it changes then most of the racers at our track have already said they'd give up on electric and go nitro. My info can only come locally as most peoples can and costing people more money on battery packs that they can't use for any of their other racers is just silly. I use the same LiPo packs in all my electric stuff and if they go to 5-cell would mean that LiPo is out for the quite a while as an option since a 2-cell LiPo pack would be producing a lot more voltage and runtime then a 5-cell pack and you couldn't run them all together. I, like MANY others, won't invest in separate packs and would give up electric TC. It's that simple. Like I said, read that other thread, all the arguments have already been made and shot down since they address ZERO problems other then for MOD racers. Wanna go slower then MOD..go 19T...slower yet...27T stock...slower still...Silvercan. Simple and doesn't require buying a few hundred $$$ in new batteries every year.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by muahdib4
.LiPo is ALL that is keeping TCs alive locally here and that's just barely....Nitro is booming though...wonder why? Oh yeah...same fuel can be used in the cars AND trucks/buggies.
that is not the case in the UK
still c-cells rule
but more racers leaving then coming in

i feel we should Die trying to save it or just let it run it`s course & the ones that actually really care about the hobby will go off-roading or 1/8th just to stay in the `Hobby` circle

when the 4600 or the new IB cell comes then we are looking @ 1.13+ av & going faster again

i like speed aswell (but to a point where i can find it controllable & fun tot he point where i can do a bit of rubbing when racing ,but now it`s a do or die monouvere`s in corners which is pissing people off aswell

Ericjooopuntnl

Last week i tried 19t 5 cell on the same but now dry track.....I was glad i brought my Sphere TC with a X11 4.5. I was bored after 3 laps with the 19t (the whole track full throttle and no breaking) and was totaly freaked out when i connected the 4.5....that was racing again, fighting with power, ease on the throttle in the corner and when exiting the bend....max adrenaline.
this is the method in my madness ,if we make the other 2 class less desirable ,then the UK will get back it`s 1 class Mod national meets again

anders
with the class`s swithching over to be the same cell & weight as mod
Q0has mod class benifited from it (more numbers)
Old 02-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

After all that has been discussed over the last few months I hace come to the conclusion than all that is going on now is a period of change.

Racers have too many options Lipo, 4/5/6 Nimh, BL motors (13.5,4300,5800, Mod), BR motors. Everyone want to run something diffrent and no one is willing to compromise and say OK...lets all run XY and Z.

We need to setup some basic guidelines so we can get people to run together.

So this is what I suggest:

540 Sliver Can/LiPo low cost entry level class.

13.5BL/LiPo should be the new Stock class.

10.5BL (4300)/LiPo should be the Spec Mod class (Like 19T).

Open Mod is Open motor/LiPo. Any Wind, Any Motor (Mamba's,LRP,Novak, etc.) If its is 36mm in diameter or less and 54mm long or less its legal for Open Mod.

Yes, I left out 27T and 19T...sorry. BL motors are better for low cost racing and less of a headache for novices to keep running. If you want cheap run 540. If you want to go faster sell you Motor Break in Box, Comm lathe and get a BL system.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

i like your suggestion AdrianM
Old 02-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Now you are talking.

Originally Posted by AdrianM
After all that has been discussed over the last few months I hace come to the conclusion than all that is going on now is a period of change.

Racers have too many options Lipo, 4/5/6 Nimh, BL motors (13.5,4300,5800, Mod), BR motors. Everyone want to run something diffrent and no one is willing to compromise and say OK...lets all run XY and Z.

Open Mod is Open motor/LiPo. Any Wind, Any Motor (Mamba's,LRP,Novak, etc.) If its is 36mm in diameter or less and 54mm long or less its legal for Open Mod.

Yes, I left out 27T and 19T...sorry. BL motors are better for low cost racing and less of a headache for novices to keep running. If you want cheap run 540. If you want to go faster sell you Motor Break in Box, Comm lathe and get a BL system.
Now you are talking.

No comm lathes to worry about. No pile of stock motors to keep. No battery maintenance short of brainlessly throwing them on a balance charger.

This would have me way more intereested in racing.

Racing is driven by the same industry that is trying to sell you stuff. Motors and batteries are huge consumables...along with all their maintenance equipment. If everyone switched to Lipo/brushless this income source would go down. It has been and will continue to be a slowwwww transition. But it is a transition the sport needs to embrace.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow..I think Hell must have frozen over...because...I actually agree
Old 02-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Legend

Adrian ....

You R the wisest ..

Hopefully the Roar Rules maker`s will be as reasonable....
Old 02-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

WOW! We definately see "eye to eye" now! It will just take a little time for all of this to settle down before it moves up from the grassroots programs to the "Big" events. I truely believe this is the "right" direction to go to save TC racing.

Kind of funny Adrian...out here right now it looks to be a stellar season to run Mod. Old timers are starting to come out of the woodwork and say "Mod, Mod, Mod!" It is looking like a lot of fun this season! I can't wait!

Art
Old 02-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

adrian, i agree with all that except i say just ditch the "stock" class and it can be the 540 silver can.. my lineup is:

silver can (stock, as it was intended...)

13.5 (half the brushless classes are already running this anyhow)

10.5 (new 19t)

open mod... (if you break it or eat too many parts don't complain to me)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.