Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would you buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

do u need someone to design for you a logo??
my problem is that i don t use 64dp!
Old 03-21-2003, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Not to call you a liar, but it is my understanding that there are a few things that would make your product unpatentable....

1) you cannot patent a shape of nature (ie: circle, oval, ball)

2) You cannot patent a new poduct based soley on a chamge of metal (IE: aluminum vs. nylon/plactic)

3) you cannot patent an already mass produced product unless you can provide proper proof that you infact where the origional creator of the product.......(I don't think you where alive in the 15th century, spur/pinion gears have been used in clockworks for several centuries)

Just my $0.02
Old 03-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hey IMPACTPLAYR

Your wrong about Not being able to patent natural things, you can thank the Clinton Adm for that. Just look at all the drug companies with genetic patents... Patents are politics and wording.

Have Good One!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 03-21-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Hmm, a logo. Let me think about that. Impact, I've no reason to lie & it is indeed patented. Look at robinson gears for example. If I were to copy that design I'd get sued!! ALUMINIUM spurs ARE NOT MASSED PRODUCED> if you can find me one I'd be surprised as I've searched for one for quite a while.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

What is the patent number, anyway?

Originally posted by Kdonks
Why aluminum? Does it last longer that the plastic? Less flex? I use an 81 tooth, 48 pitch in my touring car but I will switch to 64 pitch if this product proved it's value.

Do you have a patent number? I'm intrested in your patent.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes, I have a patent# but this is hardly the place to give it nor is that important. Why has this changed into a proving ground thread? If these types of rediculous questions continue I ask the mods to pull this thread. I have the info I need and thank all who provided valueable feedback. Much appreciated. Lol, call Kimbrough and ask them some patent #'s. Come on man. Please stick to the topic.