Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wyd
Does it really matter if the US guys won or not. We cannot always be the best/worst. This time some other nationalities where faster. I don't think it matters as long as the hobby we all love grows and we all have opportunities to continue to do this hobby.
It does matter in some way. I remember in the 90's, every big races, didn't matter off-road or on-road, carpet, asphalt or dirt. US drivers dominated. Usually there were 1 asian driver(usually Masami), maybe 2-3 european drivers, then the rest were US drivers(6-7) in A-main. Last year touring car worlds, only Pauli & Rick Howart(hat off to Rick) made it. 1/12 worlds(carpet, US drivers had no excuse), only again Pauli(he is good), Jon Orr and Mike Dumas made it. You may said 3 drivers were not bad, but the trend is the overall level is slipping. This year at Reedy, no US driver makes top 10, this is worrying.

US used to be no.1, the best of the (free)world, but..........
Old 05-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
This whole forum whine's to damn much. At all the carpet races where international drivers show up. They always tend to have 5 or so cars in the A main. Go look at the results. Worlds , snowbirds , IIC. You people who just keep comming up with reasons why the US drivers didn't win. Are just wasteing your time. Bottom line is, consistanly the international drivers do well everywhere they race. I only saw a couple of US drivers make the 1/12 scale A-main at the past worlds. If we are so good on carpet foams, we would of had more drivers in the A-main. Maybe you can find more excuse's why we didn't have (10) cars in the 1/12th scale A-main now. Until, the USA driver's start winning international races, we should just keep are mouths shut, and find ways to go faster.
i guess is all about dedication , like for example Hara at the ROAR nationals st Speedline Hobbies in 2005, Hara wasnt going out at night drinking and hitting strip clubs, Some U.S. drivers (pro dirvers ) were out there acting like they were big time movie stars or something,playing pranks and acting stupid, instead of wasting their time and energy on doing stupid sh!# they should spent that time working on their set up and practicing and maybe the wouldnt got their a$$es handed to them by Hara, I think Hara had a whole lap on the whole field including 2nd place.

(FYI i mention some U.S. Drivers not all of them )
Old 05-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i guess is all about dedication , like for example Hara at the ROAR nationals st Speedline Hobbies in 2005, Hara wasnt going out at night drinking and hitting strip clubs, Some U.S. drivers (pro dirvers ) were out there acting like they were big time movie stars or something,playing pranks and acting stupid, instead of wasting their time and energy on doing stupid sh!# they should spent that time working on their set up and practicing and maybe the wouldnt got their a$$es handed to them by Hara, I think Hara had a whole lap on the whole field including 2nd place.

i've seen that at the few nats i've raced at. then again, at the '02 nats in colorado i spent a fair ammount of time boozing and at strip clubs too
Old 05-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
This whole forum whine's to damn much. At all the carpet races where international drivers show up. They always tend to have 5 or so cars in the A main. Go look at the results. Worlds , snowbirds , IIC. You people who just keep comming up with reasons why the US drivers didn't win. Are just wasteing your time. Bottom line is, consistanly the international drivers do well everywhere they race. I only saw a couple of US drivers make the 1/12 scale A-main at the past worlds. If we are so good on carpet foams, we would of had more drivers in the A-main. Maybe you can find more excuse's why we didn't have (10) cars in the 1/12th scale A-main now. Until, the USA driver's start winning international races, we should just keep are mouths shut, and find ways to go faster.
No excuses for 1/12th at all. The Europeans have always had an awesome group of 12th scalers. Guys like Andy Moore and David Spashett are Worlds A regulars in 1/12th. Spash is one of the best 12th scale drivers EVER. Having had the privelege of watching him at the Indoor Champs when he was racing full-time, I can tell you that if he shows up, everybody better elevate their game.

I do agree that we need to up our game on this side of the pond though....
Old 05-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B-day
Maybe their sponser(s) should include no alcohol, no strip clubs, no acting stupid in their contracts.
maybe they should and maybe they can win some races and stop whinning!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

Maybe their sponser(s) should include no alcohol, no strip clubs, no acting stupid in their contracts.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default My personal take on the US mod scene.....

IMO the Mod on-road racing pool in the US is stagnated combine that with all of the factory drivers don’t get to race one and other that often except at these large races 4 or 5 times a year. In smaller countries there seems to be far more drivers in mod and the factory driver’s race together more often as they are closer together. Competition is what makes people better and there isn’t much here in the US other then at these large events. Here the Factory drivers are spread out all over the country so when they are at their local track there isn’t very much competition at that level so most might not even race they might just practice. This issue along with the fact that a lot of the teams out there are so focused on having a great stock team that the new up-coming talent is stifled if you will, back in the stock class doesn’t help anything. At these large events in the US some of the top drivers never look hungry for the Win. If you go back to the early days of sedan racing it was fierce at the mod level here in the US now it’s not so much. Back then you had Josh Cyrul that kicked everyone’s ass for like 3 or so years he had that fire. I don’t know if he doesn’t have that fire now but it appears that he has far more important things going on in his life then racing, but he has started to turn back up the heat this last season. Over the past two or so years 1 driver PL has wanted it more then everyone else and it’s showed. Now Baker looks to have that “fire” again now that he’s with X-ray. There are other drivers out there that have showed spurts of this drive but have not sustained it. Too many of the drivers IMO are just along for the ride at large US events. The American racers are just like most all of us in the US LAZY…..there are exceptions to this some drivers put in a ton of time and it shows in their results. Maybe many of the top drivers are just getting up there in age and have far more important things to deal with in life and they cant devote 110% to racing like they could when they were younger? I think most of it comes down to that the mod racing scene here in the US is not going anywhere…..not much new blood and it doesn’t appear to be that driven to really advance….some drivers have stepped up the game but many just sit back and are just there for the party.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2007 reedy race

hey all:i think the reason why we had no american drivers in the invite "A" final is because the international drivers race alot more often with rubber tires on asphalt were as most racing in america is done with foam tires on carpet.Just my thoughts on this.Also what ever happened to the reedy off road race of champions that seamed to be a popular race?Thanks for the info
Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm preety sure that the Truck race is in Sept. or Oct. You're right, It is still very popular.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:i think the reason why we had no American drivers in the invite "A" final is because the international drivers race a lot more often with rubber tires on asphalt were as most racing in America is done with foam tires on carpet.Just my thoughts on this.Also what ever happened to the reedy off road race of champions that seamed to be a popular race?Thanks for the info
Just my opinion ,
Switching to sedan was the best way to keep the Reedy as it should be.

Off-Road lost popularity world wide. So the off-road Reedy was becoming more of USA event..

The Reedy has always been a blend of racer`s from all around the world....

That is what makes the Reedy so unique compared to other events...
Old 05-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default reedy race moving

hey all:On the tamiya usa site it says that '07 will be the last year for the reedy race at the tamiya usa track so a few things come to mind.First is this race moving because after ten years there it's just time for a change or did something else happen?Also if it "IS" moving any word were to and will it still be an outdoor event on pavement?Thanks for the info
Old 05-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:On the tamiya usa site it says that '07 will be the last year for the reedy race at the tamiya usa track so a few things come to mind.First is this race moving because after ten years there it's just time for a change or did something else happen?Also if it "IS" moving any word were to and will it still be an outdoor event on pavement?Thanks for the info
It is done there for Tamiya moved there offices elsewhere and are not near the track anymore. I would imagine it is going to move to a different location starting next year, I don't know for sure.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Just my opinion ,
Switching to sedan was the best way to keep the Reedy as it should be.

Off-Road lost popularity world wide. So the off-road Reedy was becoming more of USA event..

The Reedy has always been a blend of racer`s from all around the world....

That is what makes the Reedy so unique compared to other events...
funny thing. In the Socal area there is 2 places to drive on road and 6 for off road. Electric is fading and 1/8 off road is blowing up. It is different everywhere you go. Sorry to see that the RROC is moving. I hope that it stays close so I can see it next year. Sorry to all the socal guys for not going this year. Hopefull I'll have an onroad car soon.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
It is done there for Tamiya moved there offices elsewhere and are not near the track anymore. I would imagine it is going to move to a different location starting next year, I don't know for sure.
Yes Scotty made it very clear that the Reedy race WILL continue for years to come. He is going to be in charge of the race as he was this year. It will be the same weekend (Memorial day weekend) but the location has yet to be determined. I know he has some ideas but will not say until he has made up his mind about it.

A big Thank You to Scotty for stepping up and carrying on this awesome race for THE MAN of RC racing Mr. Mike Reedy!

EA
Old 05-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by myk505
what was the main body being used in this race?
DNA2

...well there was 1 there anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.