Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX Racing Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Josh i have inlaws that live in wyandotte and i am going to be up there for the long weekend. Do you guys have anything going on up there ? Is there any open practice or racing ?
Old 08-27-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Wallstreet,

Josh posted the schedule on page 7 of this thread.

Come on down and bring your 1/12 scale!

Jeremy
Old 08-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ram - Just calling it as I see it...lol...

Andy - Hurting!!...lol... I'll have to check with Angel if Cinci is out of baby range...lol... I also just signed a lil piece of paper and faxed it back to Italy - I'm definatly ready to go now!!!

Wallstreet -Possibly some club racing, definatly open practice each day. Tues-Friday 2-9pm - 734-722-7479.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Andy - Hurting!!...lol... I'll have to check with Angel if Cinci is out of baby range...lol... I also just signed a lil piece of paper and faxed it back to Italy - I'm definatly ready to go now!!!
hmmmmm what paper could that be Giddy up!!!
Maybe mine will make it before the weekend? ................
Check with the wife, pack your stuff, and see if you can find McNish. The only thing that's getting me through this week is the thought of a road trip.

.......and now.......back to hurting
Old 08-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Josh,

I would like to hook up this week and get rolling with the 12th scale car. I have a race coming up in 3 weeks at the 2004 worlds track. I will try calling the track on Tues. Let me know if theres a better time to reach you.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Hey Josh do you run any of the lowered front ends stuff on your personal 12th scale cars ?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

beyond - We have some testing already completed and a few things in the works. Not so much a complete new car but optional parts and minor adjustments to further improve the C12.
Josh,
are you moving away from the "Japan Spec" car?:

Coming soon is a CEFX C12 "Japan Spec" kit that will include a thin t-bar rather than a thick as well as a 2.5mm bi-directional chassis. I just cut some up last week to start shipping over to Japan so I have to get the info finished up. The kits will be out asap and you will be able to buy the chassis seperately....
I was looking forward to it. I just ran my Evo 2 at 301 Raceway for the Roar Region 2 Electric On-Road and the car was dynamite!! Very impressive!!! Not to mention, it was my first time running 1/12 scale on asphalt. The car was very easy to drive, responded to small set-up changes and transitioned very well. other than being under-powered and driving the car like I stole it (I couldn't help myself - the car felt really good!) I positoned myself in the fourth spot going into the main. So, I was really looking forward to getting the "Japan Spec" car as soon as you released it.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

I was looking forward to it. I just ran my Evo 2 at 301 Raceway for the Roar Region 2 Electric On-Road and the car was dynamite!! Very impressive!!! Not to mention, it was my first time running 1/12 scale on asphalt. The car was very easy to drive, responded to small set-up changes and transitioned very well. other than being under-powered and driving the car like I stole it (I couldn't help myself - the car felt really good!) I positoned myself in the fourth spot going into the main. So, I was really looking forward to getting the "Japan Spec" car as soon as you released it.[/QUOTE]

Kewdawg, wat up Bro? you like that CEFX? what, are you planning to go to Japan see you finally put the car together it even runs better on carpet
glad you like it, later dawg.

Elijah
Old 08-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

AJ - No problem. I'll send you an e-mail here today and you can e-mail me back with what you need (obviously a car).

wallstreet - Nope. I have been running the AE front a-arms but I am going to check out the new IRS ones - mainly I want to see the difference in stiffness/fit between the AE and IRS. If they are good, I already have quotes from IRS to put them in our kits later down the road.

kewdawg - The "Japan Spec" car is the same C12, the only difference being the more flexible chassis and coming with the thin t-bar rather than the thick. All the chassis I've sent over to Japan have been the flexi type but I forgot to make new part #'s and update the site so they are available here... Too much going on. I'll get part #'s updated and make them available here in a jiffy..... Glad to hear you liked the car!!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

kewdawg - EVO2's are dialed on asphalt...You were flying out there!! You know Dave C. (TQ and winner) borrowed an EVO2 for the 301 race. About an hour before the race, he slapped his electronics in, tweaked a couple things and did one practice run and then proceeds to set TQ. He was using (untrued, out of the box) Jaco Prisms too. Only Dave C. aka "The Wheel" can come back from a 3 year hiatus and lay the smack down.

Like you, that was my first time on asphalt with the CEFX car. I was really happy with the way it performed. Next time I got to try the car without the center screw to generate more rear grip. I hope you can make it to The Track for the Vegas Warm-Up on Sept 15th and the Region 2 Carpet Regional in early November.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Well, for those asking for it - We have two Mini-Z "L" tracks coming from Kyosho. I ordered them today and as soon as they arrive we will have a Mini-Z track set-up in the upper deck @ CEFX!!
Old 08-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Josh, About the IRS arms you will for sure like these. I had the pleasure to test them out for IRS for quite some time. I did a long term back to back test with the AE and the IRS fornt end's

As for performance and stiffness they are equal to the AE front end as for durability these IRS arms hold up very well and can take a good bashing

Hope this info helps

Mike
Old 08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Elijah
Kewdawg, wat up Bro? you like that CEFX? what, are you planning to go to Japan see you finally put the car together it even runs better on carpet
glad you like it, later dawg.
Not just, yet for Japan. I've had the car together since the latter part of the indoor season, last winter. I was just a little tied-up with upgrading and "dialing-in" a Decepticonz team member's 12L4 / Rug Rat. I tested a little with it during that time but didn't race it at all. I really liked running 1/12 scale on asphalt(301 Raceway is the bomb!!)! Yourself and Raymond would've love it racing on that track!

Originally Posted by Apex
kewdawg - EVO2's are dialed on asphalt...You were flying out there!!
Thanks. I really wanted to see, if, I could've given David Chester and Mike Dunnigan a good challenge in the main - but the receiver problem after that hit(t-bone) I took, in the first lap really messed things up for me. Oh, well... I'll look forward to the next opportunity.
Originally Posted by Apex
hope you can make it to The Track for the Vegas Warm-Up on Sept 15th and the Region 2 Carpet Regional in early November.
As long as they're held on Saturdays i'll be there.

kewdawg - The "Japan Spec" car is the same C12, the only difference being the more flexible chassis and coming with the thin t-bar rather than the thick. All the chassis I've sent over to Japan have been the flexi type but I forgot to make new part #'s and update the site so they are available here... Too much going on. I'll get part #'s updated and make them available here in a jiffy..... Glad to hear you liked the car!!
Thanks for the update, Josh. Please drop a post on this thread when the car and / or parts become available. By the way. During the indoor season, last winter, I was told that CEFX was supposed to be releasing re-designed motor mount plates. Is there any truth to this story?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Josh - I have been running the IRS arms for a couple months. They are better then the AE arms. The main diffrence is that they are true. No weird left to right height variations.

The pivot balls are a tighter fit too. No more vertical lower ball movement up and down making you think you have a collapsed spring. You may need to squeeze the end of the arm to free up the ball but thats better than too loose a fit.

The IRS arms can also be slammed really low to let you use really small tires.

They are really tough too...you have seen me drive...you know what I mean
Old 08-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info on the a-arms all. I'll probably test them here later this week.

NEW CEFX NEWS COMING SOON!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.