Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX Racing Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Josh anyword on the 1/10th CEFX oval car? Not sure if you mentioned anything about this.
Saw it at Snowbirds...can't wait for it to hit the market...drool...
Old 03-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The set-up sheets and new 1/10 and 1/12 oval cars are coming soon. Snowbirds, Ft. Myers, family stuff and being sick have put us about 4 weeks behind and now with the Regionals and Nats we are thrashing!!! As soon as I can get some of this stuff done we will post/release/make as much as we can...lol....
Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey RogerT, That other C12 (me) qualified 3rd not 4th :-). We were surrounded by flexi cars. I found that my rear flexplate was bent and that's why my car was messed up in the main. Next time i'm going to go back to dual pivot balls and try with the shims under the front end. you going racing any more this winter?

I'd also like to thank josh for the diald car. I've been running it since it first came out and it's been a contender from the start.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Mike....Sorry.. I thought it was 3rd...but,,,, I wondered about the rear flex plate, I asked Bodine about that being back so far on the pivot, he said it would be fine and work the same??? I don't know it kind of traps that pivot a little, I did not run one all weekend and I never had traction problems I acctually still had a slight push. Racing again yes Tom wants to go over and run so I told him I would go one more time , if I get a chassis in Time
Great run this weekend, can't wait to see what you do with the other car... Told you that rear-end would help your car...

Roger
Old 03-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sure this question has been answered, in many ways, However I am going ahead with the EVO2 and need help with a base set-up, The track (Fast Cats) medium grip (thanks Johnny) is a good size but changes from tight to wide open from time to time, what would be the best T-bars to order spares of? And is there any other spare parts to come to mind that would be good to have on hand for this car
Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

19t or stock??? Really EA's setup would work really well in either, rear tire would probably be the only change because of grip.... only spares would be tbars .62 & .72 med or long and maybe a lower plate or two

Roger T
Old 03-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would be running in a 19t class
Old 03-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

EA's setup from earlier pages, I ran it to the T in Omaha Neb. last weekend on a very high bite track, only change was front tires went to black... so I would try yellow rears or pink and black or dbl pink fronts all 2 stage, balance the car tweak it and Rock & Roll!!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

well I ordered a couple of medium .72 t-bars (.62s were all out), as well as a couple of .62 long bars, and a .72 long bar. Hopfully that'll get my feet wet. The pro bumber i ordered, i can only assume it'll fit on the EVO2. I was using a stanless steel screw kit on my T2, do they offer one for the EVO?
Old 03-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

The only stainless screws that you should need are for the T-Bar and the front body mounts. Josh also has TI screws for the front arms so that you don't have to mess with those philips screws anymore.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey, Is there a chance of Josh comming up to Canada for the Canadian Challenge, some big names are going to be there, Baker, Dave Johnson, etc.?
Old 03-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
well I ordered a couple of medium .72 t-bars (.62s were all out), as well as a couple of .62 long bars, and a .72 long bar. Hopfully that'll get my feet wet. The pro bumber i ordered, i can only assume it'll fit on the EVO2. I was using a stanless steel screw kit on my T2, do they offer one for the EVO?
I think the screws that come with it are alumn and Ti front end screws. At least thats what was in my kit and Josh said it was a box stock kit....Not sure if he meant screws too though

As for tires the yellow rears lock the rear end in more on the track. The dbl pink rears will free the car up a little more but be a little harder to drive. Black ft's, yellow rears work well on a really high bite open track. On tight layouts the black's dont turn as good so dbl pinks are better. Purple/grays work good as well but this is like the max steering setup on Jaco's to me. The harder front tires makes the car cut harder into the corner causing it to get tippy on high bite.

You should be ok with those Tplates. I would start with the standard tplate lenght (medium) and go from there.

EA
Old 03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

My new to me CEFX arrived from Roger. It is a super nice car. Everyone who looked at it mentioned how nice the graphite is on this car. Looks like Josh has some top of the line graphite. It is really nice.

Not sure when I will have it ready to run but when I do it will be alot of fun.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:09 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey Brian/wyd was up bro, if ya can get your 1/12 together Me and a group of guy's are going to Horsham to run some 1/12th This Saturday Fed 10th at the ORL race come on down Bro,
Hey Mike. It might be awhile til I have it ready but I thought since it was a great deal I would buy it for later. I will slowly get electronics for it.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Brian/wyd was up bro, if ya can get your 1/12 together Me and a group of guy's are going to Horsham to run some 1/12th This Saturday Fed 10th at the ORL race come on down Bro,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.