Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX Racing Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drover
Hi I want to know the diference between the Phoenix and Phoenix J-spec.
The J spec is the Japan version (for asphalt). I don't remember what all is different but I do know that the chassis has more flex.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by champebi
Thank you! Mr.Josh Cyrul.
We feel your support glad. We used CEFX Phoenix thanks to your support and were able to go into A-FINAL in two classes. We thank for your having prepared the best car.

CEFX Phoenix which Josh Cyrul used is T-Bar car.
Congratulation to Josh Cyrul and all the CEFX racing Team
Old 02-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile Snowbirdnationals

I did not use the "J - SPEC" chassis in this Snowbirdnationals. We received a chassis of US - SPEC from Josh on Monday. We assembled the car on the day. The chassis of the "US - SPEC" gave us the best result fantastically. I think that the balance of splendid CEFX Phoenix contributes to the fact that we with a little experience of the carpet road surface which is a high grip were able to go into A - FINAL.

A "J - SPEC" chassis is the chassis which is Flex of the 2.5mm thickness. I usually put it together in this chassis, and it is T - Bar of the 1.6mm thickness to use. Most circuits are asphalt road surfaces in our country, Japan. I think that a grip of this Snowbirdnationals resembles the grip of the asphalt road surface of the current Yatabe arena very much. We test setup of "US - SPEC" which we used this time in a state as is in Japan. I think that the best result is provided on this test. Of course I think that the setup of the details has to change it.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Snowbirdnationals

CEFX Racing Thread.-dsc00571.jpg

This car is a car of Josh Cyrul.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile 1/12 GTP 10.5

CEFX Racing Thread.-dsc00530.jpg

This car is a car of 1/12 GTP 10.5 of Naoki Watanabe.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default mistake...

CEFX Racing Thread.-dsc00528.jpg

I was wrong. This is 1/12 10.5 GTP cars which I used of Naoki Watanabe.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by champebi
Attachment 413976

This car is a car of Josh Cyrul.
looks like josh was running the new associated 12r5-based front end. interesting....
Old 02-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hanulec
looks like josh was running the new associated 12r5-based front end. interesting....
I also want to observe that the center shock it is not the vcs, it is hot bodies?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Josh,

Great seeing you again at 360, thanks for the advice and congrats on the wins. I just pruchased the Phoenix and have a few questions.

1.) On your car, I noticed thin spacers under the motor plates? Was this to raise ride height or because the brushless motors are larger in diameter than brushed?

2.) could you post your set-up? T-bar thickness...etc...

3.) Noticed you used the new ASC front-end...with a flat servo? Last time I noticed you had the servo angled, although you were using the older ASC front? Do you have preference and why?

4.) KO Brushless speedo...you still use a RX pack? Thought the new speedo's with 4-cells do not need an RX pack...or is this just a preference?

Thanks
Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drover
I also want to observe that the center shock it is not the vcs, it is hot bodies?
Yes it's a hot bodies shock, it's very nice.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JamesReilly
Old 02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesReilly
So are those Reilly paint bodies!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Everyone,

After finishing up Monday with Angel and the girls at Magic Kingdom it was finally Tuesday and time to come home. Adding to the exaustion was a fun day dealing with Airtran who screwed up multiple times and instead of getting home around 5:30pm it was about 1am!! So, after sleeping for the past day and a half straight, it's time to catch up on things.

First, I want to thank all the CEFX drivers for a great effort and a great race. It was a lot of fun and I am very proud of our efforts this year. Ok, onto the questions:

Link Car - With the coming days of the single cell Lipo coming I figured it was time to start testing a link car. Eli Ezrow had previously run for so many years with a CRC link car before switching to CEFX so I figured he would be a great person to start the initial testing with. Being the testing would be at a major, I didn't have high hopes but at times the car looked extremely good with a lot of steering. I think at one point, Eli was even 2nd in qualifying but slid down the order towards the end. Being the first run with a link car, I definatly have a lot to learn but hopefully we can get up to speed quickly as the single cell Lipo will be raced in some classes in the near future (IIC I think).

My t-bar car - Yes, I did make myself a test chassis with some things moved around and it was capable of using the new AE front end. The main reason was to test the build, and set-up of this front end. I also wanted to see how the car reacted with an aluminum front bulkhead and using a suspension arm that "flipped" from one side to the other on tolerance (it was about .5mm off). While the car drove well, I still think my standard car was better and I will continue testing this a bit more at the coming races as I plan our future projects.

We include the AE VCS center shocks in our kit as that was the norm in the past before the Hot Bodies shock arrived that now a lot of other companies have copied. The car still works well with the VCS but the Hot Bodies is more maintence free.

Hey Carl:

1) The spacers were to make the bottom plate flush with the motor for easier ride height measurement. A lot of drivers will measure the bottom plate and forget the motor hangs out the bottom. So they set ride height and can't pass tech since the motor is out the bottom of the pod. It doesn't change the handling.

2) I'll post it in the next post.

3) I have prefered the servo on the angled mounts as of late. With the new front end, the way the aluminum bulkhead is you can not do this as the steering tie-rods hit on the aluminum bulkhead. I was dissapointed about this so I just ran the servo flat. Again, this was just a test car to learn more for the future.

4) I didn't use a reciever pack. I have it in the car if I need/want to but it's mainly there as an option and to balance the car and ad weight.

Brian - Yep, James paints all my stuff these days!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Josh you have a PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Cool. Can't wait to get the link conversion when it's ready. Still not a bad showing for Eli and the link car on its first major outing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.