R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Post TECH RACING Medusa MY07

I just wanted to share some pictures of the TECH RACING Medusa.
Tech Racing is the base company found on the well known Tamiya TRF415's

Medusa it has a totally different suspension than the 415....more so the parts of HPI/HotBodies graphite...bigger wheel bearings.
The suspension is very Light so there is a price to pay for that Expert Lightness......TRY NOT TO HIT NOTHING!
It shares the same Drivetrain as the Old 415 with a bigger center pulley 18t/35t pulley
Tech Racing does not Make a front diff for this car....but guess what the MRE diff fits perfectly.

There are not alot of Camber link adjustments....So your tires are very important in tuning the car.

The center layshaft does not spin, yet the the center pulley itself has ball bearings that gets this car moving very quick.

Tweak is not a concern ...the car is double bolted, ofcourse with titanium screw for screw.

The steering is one of the best that I have felt

The motor mount is a floater, for equal flex of the chassis. The chassis is a High Traction Chassis of 2.5mm, but the angle cut makes it stiffer...kind of like the BDM....yet stiffer than a stock MRE, looking at it and holding it you would think different.

The Shock are TRF as well as the Trunbuckles

The suspension toe blocks are adjusted by switching sides and they are tweak free.

This car is not for everyone and Tech Racing Doesn't come cheap. But I am such a Fan of Tamiya....I had to get the Chassis mark on my MRE box "TECH RACING" I 've tested the car on carpet and this thing rocks.....This car is very quick and Forgiving to set up....it wants to win.

MRE Front DIff
Spec 5 Chassis
Included Parts:
Sway Bar MRE style
Three internal Ball Bearing Diff (WOW)

No endorsements

Power Plant:
KO Propo Everything
Gear: 100/46
carpet Rollout 35mm
Top speed:
Interchangable parts:
HPI/ Suspension or Tamiya Short LW suspension

Get you one, you will like what TECH RACING has Done

Last edited by m3ndo5a; 05-02-2007 at 07:13 AM.
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
Tech Addict
Send a message via MSN to RussB

links don't work.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Japanese link

| THard.co.uk |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
Tech Addict

The Links should Work Now.....if not let me Know.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

very nice car, been running it for 3 race meets now with a bit of success
i'm running it with a trf415 spool (a few mods are required for it to work) and have the purple version so no titanium screws for me
the purple version picture on their website is a bit misleading as it looks like it is a much darker purple but in reality, it is very near identical to the HPI cyclone purple. If i knew this before i bought it, i would have surely gone pink
i have crashed it quite a few times (quite spectacular ones too ) nothing has broken and remains tweak free
one thing i need to sort out is the slow speed turning circle because it's very large, but once it's loaded up during fast cornering, hair pins are not a problem... any suggestions on what i could do
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
Tech Regular

TRF416 anyone
jakeburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Could you take pictures of your steering....for my steering for lack of a better word, perfect......(I have Exactly 7mm between both post links, I am using the steering set up off of Tech Racing Web site)Than again what kind of springs are you running. The Tech Racing springs are the exact same as the ones one MRE Kit. And than again you did say that you are using a spool......that is normal for a spool.

Put the Oneway in, Set the ESC up with a little drag so you can stay on the throttle....if the car seem loose "kick" the rear up 1mm.......I am a oneway guy....I love the quick reaction....no need for brakes in Stock...

OR for the Front
I would change my grip first...but if you do not have that option..
Remove Sway Bar....decrease downstop.....lower your roll center...increase your caster.....put the HPI 6* Caster on......harder anything on the Shocks....
more Camber or more toe.....Try the steps one at a time...They are pretty much in Order. Pretty much the reverse for the rear, If none of this seems to work it your Tires compound!

GooD luck, may the Medusa turn another car into stone.

This car is very quick and within one test run....it quicker than me MRE thats with the box set-up.

Last edited by m3ndo5a; 05-02-2007 at 07:10 AM.