R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Mtroniks IP6 ESC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/149906-mtroniks-ip6-esc.html)

rbboy 02-15-2007 08:21 PM

Mtroniks IP6 ESC

anyone using the new esc from Mtroniks?? I am about to try it out tomorrow and would like to hear any comments or suggestions about this product. :tire:

rbboy 02-16-2007 06:50 PM

geeeeeeeeeessh! looks like no one has used this esc :lol:

MrUnlimited 02-17-2007 11:17 AM

Received one today for free as replacement for my burned out Cirrus Pro (Great service MTroniks). Looks small (smaller than the cirrus Pro). Tommorrow I'll be putting it into my car for testing.

k_bojar 02-17-2007 06:09 PM

any pics/spec of the speedo?

fatbear 02-18-2007 12:31 AM

I have been using this Speedie for a while now and it is great. No issues what so ever and great versitality in terms of setups.
Highly recommended.

rbboy 02-18-2007 02:19 AM

had the courage to finally try out the IP6 ;) I have had bad experiences with the Cirrus PRO too, as i have actually burned 2.. they did break some parts on my car so talk about paranoia :weird: The Cirrus PRO had a great feel until it would burn out my chassis. I am still afraid of the IP6 as I have only ran it with 5 packs at yesterdays club race at my local in-door track. But, so far soooo GOOD! :sneaky: it has the same feel as the Cirrus but it didn't burn :nod (knock on wood) I ran it with an 8x1 and a 9x1 DC Checkpoint.. i just programmed it and left it on Factory Team mode which means i didn't touch any parameters. I do have one concern though, the ESC gets hot.. really hot so i decided to add a heat sink... overall i am happy :p

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL353.../231368365.jpg

rbboy 02-23-2007 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Received one today for free as replacement for my burned out Cirrus Pro (Great service MTroniks). Looks small (smaller than the cirrus Pro). Tommorrow I'll be putting it into my car for testing.

were you able to test out your ip6?

jino86 06-25-2007 05:38 AM

Hi, I'm planning to get this ESC but i'm still thinking bout its performance...Can anyone let me how is it after running it? is there any downside of this ESC, temperature, powerwise, and motor life? thanks...

Keiran 06-25-2007 06:53 AM

I've been running mine for quite a while now and have had no issues with it what so ever. A great improvement over the Cirrus, I had two of them go pop. Mine has never got hot but I mainly run 19T.

Motor life is up to the user really. You can customise the frequency, punch, throttle curve and brake settings. So you can set it to be kind to the motor or more aggressive.

Big plus for me with the IP6 is the easy one push setup and how easy it's to change the profile settings. So easy that after a few changes you can do it without the manual :).

jino86 06-25-2007 08:53 AM

Cool.. 1 more thing in mind, is it using the old big mosfet that is like the old LRP V7.1 or those new built in moset like the KO Propo?

Darkseid 06-25-2007 08:59 AM

Looks cool.

But after having my Cirrus go up in a very big, very hot, ball of smoke, then finding out that I would have to send it overseas for service....I'm still a little spooked of Mtroniks.

jo90 06-25-2007 10:35 AM

Just to say I ran this at West London the other week at the STCC. Superb is the only word. Changed the profiles so that it had max punch and still it ran cold. I get more from the cells and motor since switching to this speedo.

On another note I witnessed a guy this weekend at Eastbourne driving through puddles equiped with an IP6 and it took all the water in it's stride, not a single issue at all - simply excellent.

I am so glad I run MTroniks in this crazy brit weather !!!!

fatbear 06-25-2007 01:14 PM

I have been running since the beginning of the year with the IP6 in modified and it hasn't missed a single beat.
Great speedie.

jo90 07-09-2007 08:17 AM

The speedo ran faultless again yesterday at the West London round of the BTCC. Q9 and F10 (so bad luck in leg 2) but the speedo made the car very responsive. Again the setup for full punch, lowest Hz rating and max brakes without dead stick.

I will be upping the game to 19t soon once the Carpet Wars indoor series starts so im quite confident the speedo will give me the control I need !

birdy 10-01-2007 12:23 PM

is this speedo lipo capable? thanks